G_I_A_N_T_S !

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: G_I_A_N_T_S !

Post by Bubba »

Atomic1 wrote:This Giants team is going to be the surprise of the NFL ! Book it !
Positively or negatively?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Bubba wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:This Giants team is going to be the surprise of the NFL ! Book it !
After a 3-13 season which led to a house cleaning, new head coach and staff and the best athlete in the draft" Barkley " at RB to follow a new Offensive line .... Positively of course!
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Atomic1 wrote:
Bubba wrote:
After a 3-13 season which led to a house cleaning, new head coach and staff and the best athlete in the draft" Barkley " at RB to follow a new Offensive line .... Positively of course!
And they get into a fight and one of the highest paid OL is injured.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

It's whats known as " fierce competition " for a spot on the roster! It's what makes teams better as only the best survive! By the way they say he's fine .
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Atomic1 wrote:It's whats known as " fierce competition " for a spot on the roster! It's what makes teams better as only the best survive! By the way they say he's fine .
"Solder told reporters after the practice he was OK, but his knee "hurt a little bit." He walked off the field limping after bumping into his teammates and was checked by a trainer. "

We shall see if that is true.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Everything I see and read from NY Giants training camp is encouraging for a successful 2018 season BARRING ANY INJURIES just like every other team ! But as a Giants fan its nice to see a complete overhaul from the top down ! We shall see how they look on the field but after everything I read in camp this team wants to compete now , so yes It's going to be tough competing with the Eagles and Cowboys in probably the best division in the NFL as the Eagles are the current Super Bowl Champion but you have to beat the best to be the best ! :seeya
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Atomic1 wrote:Everything I see and read from NY Giants training camp is encouraging for a successful 2018 season BARRING ANY INJURIES just like every other team ! But as a Giants fan its nice to see a complete overhaul from the top down ! We shall see how they look on the field but after everything I read in camp this team wants to compete now , so yes It's going to be tough competing with the Eagles and Cowboys in probably the best division in the NFL as the Eagles are the current Super Bowl Champion but you have to beat the best to be the best ! :seeya
Do you know of any team that doesn't "wants to compete now"?

Don't see the Boys doing much this year.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

SnoBrdr wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:Everything I see and read from NY Giants training camp is encouraging for a successful 2018 season BARRING ANY INJURIES just like every other team ! But as a Giants fan its nice to see a complete overhaul from the top down ! We shall see how they look on the field but after everything I read in camp this team wants to compete now , so yes It's going to be tough competing with the Eagles and Cowboys in probably the best division in the NFL as the Eagles are the current Super Bowl Champion but you have to beat the best to be the best ! :seeya

Yeah, they could have taken a QB in the draft and try to build for the future but instead they took the best player in the draft , a running back , rebuilt both lines and kept their old QB for 1 more run at a Super Bowl.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Atomic1 wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

Yeah, they could have taken a QB in the draft and try to build for the future but instead they took the best player in the draft , a running back , rebuilt both lines and kept their old QB for 1 more run at a Super Bowl.
Obviously, you've mistaken the Giants for the Boys.

Dreams are always nice to have in training camp tho.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Speaking of pre-season dreams ... lots of birds fans were dreaming of this in 2017. Dreams don't come true very often, but when they do .... :like

SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Speaking of pre-season dreams ... lots of birds fans were dreaming of this in 2017. Dreams don't come true very often, but when they do .... :like

So the Pats-Eagles are 1-1 in Sbs.

It's in the past and none of those counts this year.

But I guess if that's all you have to hang your hat on. . . .
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Typical Giants game.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

63 yards.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

SnoBrdr wrote:63 yards.
That was painful to watch.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe