Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Saturday 11-28-2015 K1 on hold till 9am

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Woodsrider wrote:
blakeslee_a wrote:
Woodsrider wrote:
GSKI wrote:
I am now calling the bunny buster, mouse trap, lower chute, great northern intersection collision corner.
It has been historically been called the "bowling alley".
Oh yeah I forgot. Appropriate name. I wonder how many lost ticket sales result from the poor trail layout. Everyone in my family, except me of course, took one run and said hell with this. They were too afraid of getting hit to ski. Fixing it doesn't seem like it would be too difficult. Separate mouse trap and racers edge from chute and great northern with a long fence. If your on chute or great northern you either go down great northern, chute or caper. If your on Mouse trap or racers edge you go down Bunny buster or mouse run. Maybe leave a small opening for crossing over down lower by mouse run.
Or just don't use snowdon for early season. Blow Ramshead instead and use east fall for early ttb.
They typically have speed gates where chute and MT intersect with GN. Were they in place? While very annoying and the gaps between always get scraped off, it is a decent solution to get people to slow down and avoid collisions
Yes they were in place. Like a band aid on a bullet wound.
Sounds like you need one of the secret tunnel passes.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

GSKI wrote:
I am now calling the bunny buster, mouse trap, lower chute, great northern intersection collision corner.
Also affectionately known as Times Square.

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

FWIW: We historically called the subject intersection the Mixing Bowl, and lower Bunny down to the gondi is the bowling alley.

Regardless: It is really stupid how they have the fences now. At bottom of Mouse trap, you need to take one of 3 narrow ways out; even for an expert skier it is hard to keep your speed in check as they are narrow 'gated' paths about 75' long, hence, you enter the traffic coming from Great Northern with speed. They need to fix this.

Afternoon Report: Soft snow and bumps all over the mountain. I'm calling Great Northern ROTD because it will never be that good. Noce bump line [firm / sandy] on upper Rime, nice bumps on GN [old lower West Glade] and bumps continuing down the old Rim Run section of GN. Mouse Trap OK, middle Chute was pretty flat. Skyelark was really good again, but quite thin as GIS reported. Sort of like we left it last May. Looks like they did little to no grooming Friday night !!
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Woodsrider wrote:
blakeslee_a wrote:
Woodsrider wrote:
GSKI wrote:
Oh yeah I forgot. Appropriate name. I wonder how many lost ticket sales result from the poor trail layout. Everyone in my family, except me of course, took one run and said hell with this. They were too afraid of getting hit to ski. Fixing it doesn't seem like it would be too difficult. Separate mouse trap and racers edge from chute and great northern with a long fence. If your on chute or great northern you either go down great northern, chute or caper. If your on Mouse trap or racers edge you go down Bunny buster or mouse run. Maybe leave a small opening for crossing over down lower by mouse run.
Or just don't use snowdon for early season. Blow Ramshead instead and use east fall for early ttb.
They typically have speed gates where chute and MT intersect with GN. Were they in place? While very annoying and the gaps between always get scraped off, it is a decent solution to get people to slow down and avoid collisions
Yes they were in place. Like a band aid on a bullet wound.
The problem is the people coming from middle Chute and going unto Mouse Trap. They should prevent that from happening.