More Muslim Violence

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Re: More Muslim Violence

Post by Nikoli »

or maybe the breaks on the car just failed.
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Cars with working ABS rarely leave skid marks as the tires do not lock up.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Nikoli wrote:or maybe the breaks on the car just failed.
probably seeing as it had recently failed inspection and was likely sitting idle ( rusting)...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

madhatter wrote:
probably seeing as it had recently failed inspection and was likely sitting idle ( rusting)...
I am betting the breaks over heated and failed due to weight of the vehicle, age and the steep grade before the intersection. He may have been covering the break for too long on the way down and they just gave out.

He probably had his foot buried on the breaks with nothing there for last few seconds. I would imagine the experience is similar to black ice on a highway with a steep downhill grade.

Also, anti-lock brakes don't leave the same kind of skid marks.
-Christopher Columbus
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Nikoli wrote:
madhatter wrote:
I am betting the breaks over heated and failed due to weight of the vehicle, age and the steep grade before the intersection. He may have been covering the break for too long on the way down and they just gave out.

He probably had his foot buried on the breaks with nothing there for last few seconds. I would imagine the experience is similar to black ice on a highway with a steep downhill grade.

throw that thing in R and it'll slow down quite a bit....desperate times call for desperate measures...all that weight and yer right it's quite possible that there simply wasn't enough brake to do the job...better driving skills esp pertaining to a stretch limo may have prevented this...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Atomic1 wrote:So that Limo crash in upstate NY gets bizarre! The business was owned by a Muslim who became an FBI informant to beat a past Murder charge and he wore a wire that helped the FBI catch a Radical group of Muslims who planned a terror attack ! So, if you look at the pictures of the Limousine crash you’ll notice no brake/skid marks are visible at the scene where the vehicle went off the road ! Could be that 20 innocent people unknowingly were used as pawns in an act of revenge !
No doubt. The "revenge takers" caused the vehicle (which had failed inspection a month ago) to remain on the road instead of getting repaired and to be driven by someone who did not have proper certification to be driving the vehicle in the first place. Rumor has it the limo company owner had also recently ordered pizza from a shop in Washington DC. Probably a Democrat Clinton supporter seeking to avenge both the election of Trump and the confirmation of Judge Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. All signs point to Merrick Garland and Chuck Schumer as the prime suspects.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

madhatter wrote:
Nikoli wrote:
madhatter wrote:

throw that thing in R and it'll slow down quite a bit....desperate times call for desperate measures...all that weight and yer right it's quite possible that there simply wasn't enough brake to do the job...better driving skills esp pertaining to a stretch limo may have prevented this...
I would think the tranny or universal would just explode at that point and not slow the vehicle that much. I have had this happen but where the throttle on a crazy camaro got stuck wide open. By the time I had a chance to react, the car was into a telephone pole. I didn't have enough time to even think about going for the shifter. All I could do was bury the break and say oh f***! The thing was so powerful the breaks did nothing to stop it. I did leave skid marks though but that car was a 1968.
-Christopher Columbus
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Nikoli wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Nikoli wrote:
madhatter wrote:

I would think the tranny or universal would just explode at that point and not slow the vehicle that much. I have had this happen but where the throttle on a crazy camaro got stuck wide open. By the time I had a chance to react, the car was into a telephone pole. I didn't have enough time to even think about going for the shifter. All I could do was bury the break and say oh f***! The thing was so powerful the breaks did nothing to stop it. I did leave skid marks though but that car was a 1968.
neutral or ignition cut woulda worked in that case but ya know, hindsight is 20/20, better even...

my brother built transmissions for aamco back in his younger days...lots of times customers would abandon their cars or sign them over to the shop when the bill was more than the car was worth...he'd slap the repair plate on em and run em into the ground...Th350 will go into reverse at 55 mph no problem...slows it down like you'd expect it to...like major engine braking w/o the rpms...torque changing direction w/in the transmission....
mach es sehr schnell

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

[quote] I would think the tranny or universal would just explode at that point and not slow the vehicle that much. I have had this happen but where the throttle on a crazy camaro got stuck wide open. By the time I had a chance to react, the car was into a telephone pole. I didn't have enough time to even think about going for the shifter. All I could do was bury the break and say oh f***! The thing was so powerful the breaks did nothing to stop it. I did leave skid marks though but that car was a 1968.

Oh man, a '68 Camaro would be joyous now in the lousy car days. SS or RS? Either way nice ride, except for the frozen throttle.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

Dr. NO wrote:

Oh man, a '68 Camaro would be joyous now in the lousy car days. SS or RS? Either way nice ride, except for the frozen throttle.
SS -> It wasn't mine. I worked at a car dealership in my teens. The car was broken into and they asked me to move it from the overnight lot to the service bay so they could get a look at it. I started it, put it in gear, hit the pedal and went across the parking lot into the street, through a street sign and into a telephone pole. This all happened in the matter of a few seconds. I was lucky no one was coming down the road or was on the sidewalk. At first they were going to kill me but the head mechanic found they had stolen something from one of the carbs that was super expensive after they couldn't get it started. (It had a dead battery) That piece was the reason I went for the joy ride like I did.

It was a 7-8 second quarter mile car. It was a monster.
-Christopher Columbus
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Nikoli wrote:It was a 7-8 second quarter mile car.
Sure it was.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet--Cam ... acing.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Was this it?

http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-Cama ... -5604.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:roll:
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Highway Star wrote:
Nikoli wrote:It was a 7-8 second quarter mile car.
Sure it was.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet--Cam ... acing.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Was this it?

http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-Cama ... -5604.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:roll:
That car is only an 8.3 second car, his got into the sevens!
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

Similar car. The one I wrecked was black. No slicks.
-Christopher Columbus
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Nikoli wrote:Similar car. The one I wrecked was black. No slicks.
Since you're clearly not getting it, let me spell it out for you.

There are ZERO production cars that run 7 second quarter miles stock. Here's a list. 9 second quarter miles are EXCEPTIONALLY rare, even for modified cars.

https://blog.dupontregistry.com/feature ... tion-cars/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If it was a car that ran "7 second quarter miles", it would be one of the top 20 quickest Camaro's archived on dragtimes. Granted, dragtimes.com is not exhaustive of all drag racing, but it's the biggest listing of it's kind.

"7 second quarter miles" are the only achieved by purpose built race cars, highly modified vehicles, costing many tens of thousands of dollars to build. They all have roll cages and drag tires. They all run on leaded high octane race gas or other special fuel. They almost all have nitrous or forced induction (supercharged or turbocharged). They have no catalytic converters. They usually have a stripped or racing specific interiors. They are not street legal.

They are not typically parked outside in a dealer lot and then moved by "some young guy" so he can Paul Walker himself. :lol:

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Just to beat this into the ground, people need to be aware that late 60's top of the line (ZL-1, Z28) Camaro's were 13 second (@110 mph) 1/4 mile cars.

https://www.0-60specs.com/chevrolet-camaro-0-60-times/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Make no mistake, that is a pretty fast street car, even by modern standards. For the 60's, they were very fast, which is likely how they achieved a legendary status in popular culture. Obviously modifying them has always been popular, and many of them have gotten into the 12's, 11's and even 10's over the years in modified "street" car form.