Coughlin quits, who should the Giants hire ?

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
junior
Signature Poster

Re: Coughlin quits, who should the Giants hire ?

Post by junior »

SnoBrdr wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:
junior wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:I'd like either Jon Gruden
Bill Cower
Sean Peyton
and I haven't looked up their Birthdays but ironically both of the last 2 N.Y. Giants coaches Jim Fassell and Tom Coughlin shared the same Birthday :shock: which is Aug. 31 ! It's the same day as mine so maybe I'll put in a application :lol: ! Also Bill Parcells was also born in August but his B-Day was 8-22 . I'd be interested to look at all the successful coaches and their Birthday/signs...........
OK, Gruden is 8-17 :lol: another AUGUST birthday ! No wonder he's #1 on my list . :lol
Cower is May 8th
Peyton is 12-29
For what it's worth I'll take Gruden ! Who else is out there ?
Why would the 1st two bother.

They have each one a SB, just one as I recall and are making huge money with their tv gigs.

The Giants are hopeless at this point and going to that kind of team could only hurt the coach's reputation.

Peyton has also won a single SB and he appears to be a inside coach and while Eli can be real good, he's mot Drew Brees.

At least according to all the pundits.

The best coach in the history of the NFL was born April 16th, so your theory kinda goes out the window.
won

an

not

kind of
Actually the best coach ever was born on June 11>> Vince Lombardi .........and yes Belicheck was born on 4-16 . I have no theory just facts and numbers . As far as why Gruden or Cower would come out from behind the camera is the hunger and desire to get back in the game and down on the field !
Another TID-BIT is that Lombardi , Landry , Belichick, Parcells , Peyton and Coughlin all started at some level of coaching with my beloved N.Y. Giants !
I think Lombardi is looked upon very fondly by the nostalgic media and the NFL.

Win-loss record: 105-35-6
Winning ratio: .719
Playoff Record: 9-1
Overall Record: 105–35–6

That's his career record.

He also did it in the time of no free agency, when he took over the team the Packers had 5 (FIVE) future Hall of Famers on his roster.

He was also able to add a few others, who HAD to stay there forever based on the rules of the time.

Was he a great coach, sure but not the greatest ever.
So how did he "add a few others" if there was "no free agency?"

Lombardi was the greatest ever, and he didn't even have to cheat to get that title.
Last edited by junior on Jan 6th, '16, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Lombardi's players, not so much :seeya
Gamblegate.PNG
Gamblegate.PNG (27.99 KiB) Viewed 1124 times
Forever .. Goat Path
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

brownman wrote:Lombardi's players, not so much :seeya
Gamblegate.PNG
But Pete Rose gets banned for life and denied entry into the HoF, which incidentally has nada to do with MLB.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

BTW, Payton is staying in NO.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

and Peyton will not leave Denver for Santa Clara 8)
Forever .. Goat Path
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

SnoBrdr wrote:
brownman wrote:Lombardi's players, not so much :seeya
Gamblegate.PNG
But Pete Rose gets banned for life and denied entry into the HoF, which incidentally has nada to do with MLB.
Pete Rose had nothing to do with baseball? Great post dopey.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Heard something about the Giants interviewing a KELLY but it's not the one fired in Philly it's the one currently coaching at Notre Dame !
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Atomic1 wrote:Heard something about the Giants interviewing a KELLY but it's not the one fired in Philly it's the one currently coaching at Notre Dame !
The funniest part of this whole thing is that the Giants actually offered Coughlin another job in the organization. Guess they don't want to give him 7 million for nada.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

SnoBrdr wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:Heard something about the Giants interviewing a KELLY but it's not the one fired in Philly it's the one currently coaching at Notre Dame !
The funniest part of this whole thing is that the Giants actually offered Coughlin another job in the organization. Guess they don't want to give him 7 million for nada.
I think the fact that he turns 70 this August has more to do with it than anything . They still respect his work ethic and what he stands for but I think they feel the need to get younger at the head coaching position because they need to clean house and also get younger and FASTER on the field and Coughlin's loyalty to players works against that happening.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Atomic1 wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
I think the fact that he turns 70 this August has more to do with it than anything . They still respect his work ethic and what he stands for but I think they feel the need to get younger at the head coaching position because they need to clean house and also get younger and FASTER on the field and Coughlin's loyalty to players works against that happening.
:like :like

Class Act all the way. He will be remembered fondly as a great man and a great coach.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

About time the media got a clue ! I suggested Belichick coming back HOME weeks ago ! He say's he loves the Giants organization , it's where he started and he would usually "tear up " when walking thru the locker room at old Giants Stadium .
thedev
Black Carver

Post by thedev »

Atomic1 wrote:About time the media got a clue ! I suggested Belichick coming back HOME weeks ago ! He say's he loves the Giants organization , it's where he started and he would usually "tear up " when walking thru the locker room at old Giants Stadium .
I don't think Belichick is going anywhere
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

thedev wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:About time the media got a clue ! I suggested Belichick coming back HOME weeks ago ! He say's he loves the Giants organization , it's where he started and he would usually "tear up " when walking thru the locker room at old Giants Stadium .
Probably not but fun to speculate. Another one is would the Eagles hire a 70 yr. old Coughlin for their head coaching vacancy ?
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Atomic1 wrote:
thedev wrote:
Probably not but fun to speculate. Another one is would the Eagles hire a 70 yr. old Coughlin for their head coaching vacancy ?
Actually it's just dumb to even suggest it.

The Giants would need Kraft's permission to even talk to him.

After the way Mara backed Goodell, I don't think that would ever happen.