Coughlin quits, who should the Giants hire ?

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Re: Coughlin quits, who should the Giants hire ?

Post by Atomic1 »

SnoBrdr wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:
thedev wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:About time the media got a clue ! I suggested Belichick coming back HOME weeks ago ! He say's he loves the Giants organization , it's where he started and he would usually "tear up " when walking thru the locker room at old Giants Stadium .
I don't think Belichick is going anywhere
Probably not but fun to speculate. Another one is would the Eagles hire a 70 yr. old Coughlin for their head coaching vacancy ?
Actually it's just dumb to even suggest it.

The Giants would need Kraft's permission to even talk to him.

After the way Mara backed Goodell, I don't think that would ever happen.
Stranger things have happened. I could see Belichick going back to where it all began and finish his career there .
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Atomic1 wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:
thedev wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:About time the media got a clue ! I suggested Belichick coming back HOME weeks ago ! He say's he loves the Giants organization , it's where he started and he would usually "tear up " when walking thru the locker room at old Giants Stadium .
Probably not but fun to speculate. Another one is would the Eagles hire a 70 yr. old Coughlin for their head coaching vacancy ?

Stranger things have happened. I could see Belichick going back to where it all began and finish his career there .
You still haven't answered the Kraft question,

W/O permission it can never happen.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

SnoBrdr wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:
thedev wrote:

I like the way Belichick backed Brady when deflategate first burst upon us. When asked by the press all he said was talk to Brady.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Bubba wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:
thedev wrote:

I like the way Belichick backed Brady when deflategate first burst upon us. When asked by the press all he said was talk to Brady.
I guess he could have backed him like Coughlin did with OBJ and be made to look like a fool.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Coughlin to Philadelphia? If so, that snub to Mara after the news conference that wasn't a snub, really was a snub.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Ben McAdoo, one of the internal favorites to replace Tom Coughlin, is closing in on a deal to become the 17th head coach in New York Giants history, multiple sources confirmed Wednesday night to ESPN.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

spanky wrote:Coughlin to Philadelphia? If so, that snub to Mara after the news conference that wasn't a snub, really was a snub.
Hope it happens. Then when we play them, he can blow the game for the Iggles in the last 1:30 of the game.

J/K. Love Tom. Miss him already.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

junior wrote:
spanky wrote:Coughlin to Philadelphia? If so, that snub to Mara after the news conference that wasn't a snub, really was a snub.
Hope it happens. Then when we play them, he can blow the game for the Iggles in the last 1:30 of the game.

I still want Coughlin in Pittsburgh, he'd be a great fit there. Steeler Universe will love him and he will love Steeler Universe. Fire Tomlin as soon as the season is over.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
junior wrote:

I still want Coughlin in Pittsburgh, he'd be a great fit there. Steeler Universe will love him and he will love Steeler Universe. Fire Tomlin as soon as the season is over.
fire tomlin on monday then? or sunday night? trading one coach who can;t control his players for another of the same don;t seem like the way to go but you pretty much know EVERYTHING about football so....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

madhatter wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
junior wrote:

fire tomlin on monday then? or sunday night? trading one coach who can;t control his players for another of the same don;t seem like the way to go but you pretty much know EVERYTHING about football so....
At least none of his players, unlike the Patriots, committed three murders, show up half naked and incoherent at 7am on a Sunday morning at a police station after smoking synthetic poison all night, cheating, lying, corruption, domestic abuse, more controversy than any team in sports.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
madhatter wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
junior wrote:

At least none of his players, unlike the Patriots, committed three murders, show up half naked and incoherent at 7am on a Sunday morning at a police station after smoking synthetic poison all night, cheating, lying, corruption, domestic abuse, more controversy than any team in sports.
Sad, just sad.

You really need to get a real woman in your life to get you off of the Pats.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

SnoBrdr wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
madhatter wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:I still want Coughlin in Pittsburgh, he'd be a great fit there. Steeler Universe will love him and he will love Steeler Universe. Fire Tomlin as soon as the season is over.
Sad, just sad.

You really need to get a real woman in your life to get you off of the Pats.
Speculators. Everything that is wrong with today's society...
ImageImageImageImage
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
madhatter wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
junior wrote:

:like :like Very well said.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

junior wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
madhatter wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
junior wrote:

:like :like Very well said.
pretty sure he;s a football coach, not a life coach... not sure he has anything to do with their performance off the field...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

@ Maddy

I don't think f.a.s.t. is referring to his coaching ability.

Sounds like he's referring to the general type of person he is and the type of people that the organization as a whole has on their payroll.

Pretty hard to argue with that logic.