Super Bowl 50

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
junior
Signature Poster

Re: Super Bowl 50

Post by junior »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
Don't worry junior.............I'll keep the yahoos in check while you're away. Back in Vail again?

Bahamas for a week for wife's birthday.

Funny thing:

After we got home from the most recent Colorado trip, my wife says to me "I want you to take me someplace that's warm and that I've never been to before."

So I took her to the kitchen.

Just kidding. Chillin' on the beach in PI for a week. Not like I'm really missing much in Vermont right now...unfortunately.

Thanks for keeping the yahoos in check for me in my absence.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

junior wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
Don't worry junior.............I'll keep the yahoos in check while you're away. Back in Vail again?

Bahamas for a week for wife's birthday.

Funny thing:

After we got home from the most recent Colorado trip, my wife says to me "I want you to take me someplace that's warm and that I've never been to before."

So I took her to the kitchen.

Just kidding. Chillin' on the beach in PI for a week. Not like I'm really missing much in Vermont right now...unfortunately.

Thanks for keeping the yahoos in check for me in my absence.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!
Like they say..........if you can't take the heat, then get out of the kitchen! Have a great trip. We are off to Quebec City next week for Carnival and Valentines Day, it's been warm up there too. Yahoos have been fairly well behaved the last day or two.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Unfortunate that the Bronco players can only afford a Motel 6 :oops:
'Boom Boom .. Out go (Turn out) the lights .. the party's over' :lol:

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

In an interview with SI Cam Newton says he didn't go after his fumble because he didn't want to get hurt. Are you serious? In the SB? Between that and his behavior after the game a lot of people have a new NFL villain. Also, not impressed with Beyoncé. No need for your politics in a halftime performance (the whole thing sucked). She has a cankle butt and very ugly. I can see why the President likes her with her race warfare.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

freeski wrote:In an interview with SI Cam Newton says he didn't go after his fumble because he didn't want to get hurt. Are you serious? In the SB?
I like what Ward had to say:

"If he would have touched that ball, I was gonna hit him right in his face, and I wasn't the only one," Ward said, per NFL.com. "We were hungry for that one. We saw that ball and it was like hyenas on an antelope. And I don't know - maybe he needed to stay healthy for next year."

SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
freeski wrote:In an interview with SI Cam Newton says he didn't go after his fumble because he didn't want to get hurt. Are you serious? In the SB?
I like what Ward had to say:

"If he would have touched that ball, I was gonna hit him right in his face, and I wasn't the only one," Ward said, per NFL.com. "We were hungry for that one. We saw that ball and it was like hyenas on an antelope. And I don't know - maybe he needed to stay healthy for next year."

Soooooooooo, Cam should never run again as everyone is always trying to" hit him right in the face".

Pure front runner but when asked to put up, he shut up.

Until he could get enough national media members to support him.

Poor job on both their parts.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

brownman wrote:Unfortunate that the Bronco players can only afford a Motel 6 :oops:
'Boom Boom .. Out go (Turn out) the lights .. the party's over' :lol:

:seeya
Anything else Nostradamus?
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

As much as I hate to admit it, I was rooting for Denver. They followed the NY Giants recipe for Super Bowl upsets. Fierce pass rush while stuffing the running game and get their offense completely out of rhythm. Denver did the same thing to Carolina they did to the Patriots.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Geoff wrote:As much as I hate to admit it, I was rooting for Denver. They followed the NY Giants recipe for Super Bowl upsets. Fierce pass rush while stuffing the running game and get their offense completely out of rhythm. Denver did the same thing to Carolina they did to the Patriots.
In the last 12 SBs where the #1 defensive team has been involved, they have won 9 times.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

SnoBrdr wrote:
Geoff wrote:As much as I hate to admit it, I was rooting for Denver. They followed the NY Giants recipe for Super Bowl upsets. Fierce pass rush while stuffing the running game and get their offense completely out of rhythm. Denver did the same thing to Carolina they did to the Patriots.
In the last 12 SBs where the #1 defensive team has been involved, they have won 9 times.
As they say " offenses sell tickets but defense wins Championships " ! But I was surprised at how the old veteran Peyton schooled the Cam kid. Cam Newton will most likely get another chance to win a Super Bowl but Super Bowl 50 belonged to Peyton and the Broncos!
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Atomic1 wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
As they say " offenses sell tickets but defense wins Championships " ! But I was surprised at how the old veteran Peyton schooled the Cam kid. Cam Newton will most likely get another chance to win a Super Bowl but Super Bowl 50 belonged to Peyton and the Broncos!
Schooled him?

What game did you watch.

He had the 2nd worst QB game for a winning QB in history.

Only one worse was Rapistburger of the STEALERS.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Yeah ... why didn't Peyton Win MVP? :lol:
Butler was MVP last year, got no award other than a donated vehicle :shock:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
thedev
Black Carver

Post by thedev »

brownman wrote:Yeah ... why didn't Peyton Win MVP? :lol:
Butler was MVP last year, got no award other than a donated vehicle :shock:

:Toast
Broncos D won the game. Ware or Miller were fair choices for MVP.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Thanks 8)
I musta' missed that part of the game :oops:
Forever .. Goat Path
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Peyton schooled Newton by the way he read the defense and changed the play at the line of scrimmage constantly. He also stayed level and focused. As for Newtons game changing fumble and cowardly reaction on his effort going after it I never want to see him do that Superman pose etc. because in the largest moment of the game he was more of a Pussy than a superhero!