Red Sox 2016, 2017

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Red Sox 2016

Post by Bubba »

Atomic1 wrote:So they asked Yankee Mgr. about how he sees the current Red Sox team and I quote ""It is very, very good," Girardi said. "They have scored more runs than anyone in baseball. There is a lot of different combinations. They have power. They have speed. They have contact hitters. They run the bases extremely well. They hit the ball out of the ballpark. It is a very dangerous lineup. When you have three guys in your lineup with 100 RBIs, it is a dangerous lineup and they all play great defense " .
Nice compliments there Joe as he almost sounds envious ! I guess the reality is this current Yankee team is using this current Red Sox team as a model to copy and be just like in the future ! Like I said this teams only weakness is middle relief !
Yep. Nobody ever thought of trading older, high priced has-beens for youth before. Nobody ever said "trade a player a year too early rather than a year too late" before. Man, Red Sox management is creative, imaginative and breaking new ground with their approach. Can't believe nobody had done that in baseball for 100 plus years. :wink:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Bubba wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:So they asked Yankee Mgr. about how he sees the current Red Sox team and I quote ""It is very, very good," Girardi said. "They have scored more runs than anyone in baseball. There is a lot of different combinations. They have power. They have speed. They have contact hitters. They run the bases extremely well. They hit the ball out of the ballpark. It is a very dangerous lineup. When you have three guys in your lineup with 100 RBIs, it is a dangerous lineup and they all play great defense " .
Nice compliments there Joe as he almost sounds envious ! I guess the reality is this current Yankee team is using this current Red Sox team as a model to copy and be just like in the future ! Like I said this teams only weakness is middle relief !
Yep. Nobody ever thought of trading older, high priced has-beens for youth before. Nobody ever said "trade a player a year too early rather than a year too late" before. Man, Red Sox management is creative, imaginative and breaking new ground with their approach. Can't believe nobody had done that in baseball for 100 plus years. :wink:
Red Sox may not have invented it but the EE has never done it before.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Bubba wrote:

Can't you ever just admit the truth or give a compliment about an issue without spinning a line of Bull chit ? First of all those aren't my words, it's a QUOTE from Girardi the Yankee manager who obviously was giving the Current Red Sox team and management praise for the team they have assembled which I might add fields 8 or 9 starting players who CAME UP THRU THE SYSTEM which is what I also think Girardi was also eluding to . Too bad certain Yankee fans can't be as classy and gracious as said Yankee management !
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Atomic1 wrote:
Bubba wrote:

Can't you ever just admit the truth or give a compliment about an issue without spinning a line of Bull chit ? First of all those aren't my words, it's a QUOTE from Girardi the Yankee manager who obviously was giving the Current Red Sox team and management praise for the team they have assembled which I might add fields 8 or 9 starting players who CAME UP THRU THE SYSTEM which is what I also think Girardi was also eluding to . Too bad certain Yankee fans can't be as classy and gracious as said Yankee management !
"Nice compliments there Joe as he almost sounds envious ! I guess the reality is this current Yankee team is using this current Red Sox team as a model to copy and be just like in the future ! Like I said this teams only weakness is middle relief !"

Come on Atomic - these are clearly your words, not Joe's . . . I'm one of the biggest Red Sox fans here (believe me, the last couple days in the G house have been challenging with these Yank games :mrgreen: ) . . . but, even I can see that the Yanks are just doing what has been done in the majors all along . . . now maybe the Yanks have not used their farm system as much in the past couple decades, but using now does not mean they are copying the Red Sox :wink:

Goooooooooooooooo Red Sox :Toast
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

MrsG wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:
Bubba wrote:

"Nice compliments there Joe as he almost sounds envious ! I guess the reality is this current Yankee team is using this current Red Sox team as a model to copy and be just like in the future ! Like I said this teams only weakness is middle relief !"

Come on Atomic - these are clearly your words, not Joe's . . . I'm one of the biggest Red Sox fans here (believe me, the last couple days in the G house have been challenging with these Yank games :mrgreen: ) . . . but, even I can see that the Yanks are just doing what has been done in the majors all along . . . now maybe the Yanks have not used their farm system as much in the past couple decades, but using now does not mean they are copying the Red Sox :wink:

If you look at my post you can clearly see QUOTATION MARKS on the part that Joe said and then yes I put in my 2 cents, but all the compliments and envy were Joe's words not mine and do I personally think the Yanks are copying the blueprint in how the current Red Sox team was assembled ? You betcha because times have changed and players have changed so because it was mostly done from within and done well It was very classy of Joe to hand out compliments ! It's all home grown talent that hasn't broke the bank is the BOTTOM LINE !.... But we don't want to get into PAYROLL yet ! :lol: Sorry for rambling but I'm at work on half hidden screen... so gotta go.........
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Atomic1 wrote:
MrsG wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:
Bubba wrote:

If you look at my post you can clearly see QUOTATION MARKS on the part that Joe said and then yes I put in my 2 cents, but all the compliments and envy were Joe's words not mine and do I personally think the Yanks are copying the blueprint in how the current Red Sox team was assembled ? You betcha because times have changed and players have changed so because it was mostly done from within and done well It was very classy of Joe to hand out compliments ! It's all home grown talent that hasn't broke the bank is the BOTTOM LINE !.... But we don't want to get into PAYROLL yet ! :lol: Sorry for rambling but I'm at work on half hidden screen... so gotta go.........
You sure it's the screen that's 1/2 hidden....?

Agree with Mrs. G on this one. Let me know when you find the other 1/2 of your "screen"...
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Atomic1 wrote:
MrsG wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:
Bubba wrote:

If you all recall, this is how Tampa Bay began challenging the rest of the division. Many in Baseball got away from how the game (and many of those 27 Yankee championships) were built. Free agency changed many things. Using the minors to build a team is an old school method, and baseball is just returning to its roots.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

If a sweep is 3, 4 must be a slaughter. Better luck next year NY. 8)
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

freeski wrote:If a sweep is 3, 4 must be a slaughter. Better luck next year NY. 8)
Was the 2016 version of the Boston Massacre.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

Hanley Ramirez is the new yankee killer..that guy needs to be deported
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

That was some weekend series :lol:
Can't recall ever seeing anything like that :oops:

Only thing missing was a Dave Roberts stolen base. :wink:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

BoozeTan wrote:Hanley Ramirez is the new yankee killer..that guy needs to be deported
Ramirez could take over as DH next season after Ortiz retires ! Perfect replacement... Then I guess they can try Sandavol at 1st
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Dickc wrote:
If you all recall, this is how Tampa Bay began challenging the rest of the division. Many in Baseball got away from how the game (and many of those 27 Yankee championships) were built. Free agency changed many things. Using the minors to build a team is an old school method, and baseball is just returning to its roots.
Last time the Yankees moved this way was the early 1990s when they developed the "core four". Since they won all those championships and/or competed for them most years since, their farm system deteriorated as they drafted lower and continued to sign free agents for the price of additional draft choices. It was time to let go of the old baggage and restock the system.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

MrsG wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:
Bubba wrote:

:like What she said!

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Red Sox farm system and a consistently solid Mgmt strategy allowed them to completely blow things up 4 years ago.
Without dumping the $270M salary baggage on LA, they might also be battling for the cellar right now. :wink:

Yankees do not have that luxury. Farm systems do not blossom overnight.
Sox fans have learned the lesson of patience .. handed down thru generations.
What goes around comes around.

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path