junior
Signature Poster

Re: Yankees Opener

Post by junior »

Atomic1 wrote:
junior wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:
junior wrote:
madhatter wrote:palmiero, sosa, bonds many many more...giambi,a-rod and clemens didn't come up as yankees eithers, ya really think the organization had anything to do with their personal choices regarding the use of PEDs?ya really think schilling had a miraculous natural healing in the bloody sock game? 'roids and 'roid users are plentiful in any recreational gym or AA ball league, college campus' etc...to imagine that in all of pro sports only a few guys from one team are doing ANYTHING that provides ANY kind of advantage is ridiculous, and everyone here should be capable of seeing that...there are plenty of no names, has beens and never was's who've taken that road as well as injured players looking to come back quickly...

hgh my foot feels great-out...
What the roidsux fans fail to recognize is that without PED's, they'd still be looking at 1918.
And the Yanks would still be celebrating 1923
You've posted some dumb stuff over the years, but this one is close to the top of your list.
Yea right , and Graig Nettles didn't know the bat was loaded in 1974 when it broke and the Super Balls fell out ! And Whitey Ford didn't load the ball in the 50's-60's , same with Joe Niekro and Gaylord Perry when they pitched for the Yanks at the ends of their careers . What shakes were Reggie Jackson and the boys using in the 70's ? Inquiring minds want answers , and that's before the whole " Steroid era " debacle years came out when the Yanks won many of their Championships . Are the Red Sox also guilty ? YUP and the difference is I can admit it...........
I stand corrected. This post is at the top of your list.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Duh-Nile isn't just a River in Egypt .......... http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/cheater ... ayers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

known cheaters to wear " THE PINSTRIPES " Arod , Pettitte, Clemens, Shefield, Giambi , Grimsley , Canseco , Knoblauch ........just to name a few !

So yes Ortiz and Manny were guilty and Schilling probably used something to cure the " bloody sock " but let's look in the mirror before we make accusations about my posts being dumb because facts don't lie !.....carry on !
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Atomic1 wrote:Duh-Nile isn't just a River in Egypt .......... http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/cheater ... ayers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

known cheaters to wear " THE PINSTRIPES " Arod , Pettitte, Clemens, Shefield, Giambi , Grimsley , Canseco , Knoblauch ........just to name a few !

So yes Ortiz and Manny were guilty and Schilling probably used something to cure the " bloody sock " but let's look in the mirror before we make accusations about my posts being dumb because facts don't lie !.....carry on !
So without David and Manny, you are at 1918. That is what you're saying, yes? Thought so.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

junior wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:Duh-Nile isn't just a River in Egypt .......... http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/cheater ... ayers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So without David and Manny, you are at 1918. That is what you're saying, yes? Thought so.
No what I'm saying is they all cheated , yanks and sox and it's time you admit it ! Plus if not for the biggest choke in Sports history by the New York Yankees then yes 1918 becomes relevant!
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Atomic1 wrote:
junior wrote:

No what I'm saying is they all cheated , yanks and sox and it's time you admit it ! Plus if not for the biggest choke in Sports history by the New York Yankees then yes 1918 becomes relevant!
But according to you, 2004 happened because of PED's.

You can't have it both ways.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

junior wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:
junior wrote:

But according to you, 2004 happened because of PED's.

You can't have it both ways.

The " steroid era" in sports was encapsulated in the years you mentioned, they all did it period. But yea you can have it both ways because "The Sox got lucky and it's good to be lucky and lucky to be good !
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Two days after throwing his best game of the season, New York Yankees starter CC Sabathia is headed to the 15-day disabled list with a strained left groin.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

As we pass the middle of June and head towards the All-Star break in July my question for Junior and other Yankee fans is this....
Is the biggest payroll in the American League a buyer or seller ? I read where the Cubs have offered quite a few young players to the Yanks for Chapman and another closer that this current Yankee team can't get on the field because you need to be able to have a lead to use a closer ! So , dumping payroll or adding on, what do you think ?
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Atomic1 wrote:Red Sox sweeping the Yanks and my NY Giants getting B+ by Kiper in the NFL draft made for a nice weekend ! The only surprise for me was the Giants didn't draft any off. Or def. lineman as I guess they're going to address those needs via free agency. As for the Yankees , you need to have a lead in games to use that bullpen and so far that's not happening which is ok with me !
While I'm at ' IT " ....do the Yanks Fire Girardi or the G.M. if the biggest payroll in the American League comes in LAST in the division ?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Atomic1 wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:Red Sox sweeping the Yanks and my NY Giants getting B+ by Kiper in the NFL draft made for a nice weekend ! The only surprise for me was the Giants didn't draft any off. Or def. lineman as I guess they're going to address those needs via free agency. As for the Yankees , you need to have a lead in games to use that bullpen and so far that's not happening which is ok with me !
While I'm at ' IT " ....do the Yanks Fire Girardi or the G.M. if the biggest payroll in the American League comes in LAST in the division ?
can you imagine asking these questions every time the sox are 6.5 games back in june? granted the yanks ain't showing a whole sh!t ton of promise this year but let's be realistic...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Atomic1 wrote:
The owners already stated a few weeks ago that's it's the players and not Joe G's. fault.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

madhatter wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:
can you imagine asking these questions every time the sox are 6.5 games back in june? granted the yanks ain't showing a whole sh!t ton of promise this year but let's be realistic...

I'm just putting out the bait, but the " big ones ' not biting !
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

... Realistically :?

Yankees died shortly after Sheppard and Steinbrenner.
Only now are some of their fans recognizing that.

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

brownman wrote:... Realistically :?

Yankees died shortly after Sheppard and Steinbrenner.
Only now are some of their fans recognizing that.

http://nypost.com/2016/06/21/its-over-y ... gin-today/
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Is Gooden pitching tonite ?
Great 30-30 piece on the twin cokeheads :dislike
What great role models they were. :oops:

Forever .. Goat Path