BMMC?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

iamdankaufman
Beginner On Rentals

BMMC?

Post by iamdankaufman »

Looking at Highline today I don't see how they plan on holding the event, is something happening snow wise that I am unaware of?
RustyK
Whipping Post

Re: BMMC?

Post by RustyK »

Should be interesting.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (60.92 KiB) Viewed 1726 times
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Is Kzone going to have a campsite? I need to know if I should bring up food to be cooked and Dork needs to know if all of you want a campsite and who will help him set it up at 6:30 AM?

If we are going to have a campsite who is bringing tables, chairs, grills, utensils, etc.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Per the usual, I'll be there early, and drag some stuff up the hill for breakfast.
iamdankaufman
Beginner On Rentals

Post by iamdankaufman »

So, how can you host a mogul competition without moguls and better yet.. Snow?
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

iamdankaufman wrote:Looking at Highline today I don't see how they plan on holding the event, is something happening snow wise that I am unaware of?
Yeah, its gonna r*in on thursday and more snow is going to melt.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

tyrolean_skier wrote:Is Kzone going to have a campsite? I need to know if I should bring up food to be cooked and Dork needs to know if all of you want a campsite and who will help him set it up at 6:30 AM?

If we are going to have a campsite who is bringing tables, chairs, grills, utensils, etc.
If its gonna happen I will be there to help set up, do we even know where to set up?
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

daytripper wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:Is Kzone going to have a campsite? I need to know if I should bring up food to be cooked and Dork needs to know if all of you want a campsite and who will help him set it up at 6:30 AM?

If its gonna happen I will be there to help set up, do we even know where to set up?
Under the Kzone sign.
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

It's a long hike to Highline even from bay 1. If they end up moving to Superstar little closer if they let people use the ramp up to the small parking area near the ubars.

Personally I don't like variables that I don't have control of. So my suggestion is we do this as the first Bay 1 of the season in conjunction with the ?MMC. Take over the spot next to the road that goes to the ski club. Hey what TF do I know....been there done that. :-)

WHAT WOULD MTNMAN DO....
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Where is this spot you say?

Sounds like 2009 when we were the only site at the bmmc. Kinda miserable.

Why not just park behind the K1 and see what happens? It's gonna be 22 degrees at 7 AM.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

from the thread on mogul challenge at alpinezone:

I know... I guess the bands are playing on the back deck of the K1 lodge. The party area for the tents are from the back deck at the lodge to the Ski Club house (I think that's what it is) all the way to the bottom of Highline.

I actually think it will work out to be just fine.

I'm assuming by tents he meant campsites, that wouldnt be a bad area if it happens like that, bay 1 would be nice but I kinda wanna be able to see the course even though I dont watch it to much.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Friday looks cold with a high of 29, maybe they are waiting till after todays r*in to make snow on Highline Friday.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Big Bob wrote:Friday looks cold with a high of 29, maybe they are waiting till after todays r*in to make snow on Highline Friday.
Might be a powder day Saturday?

Thursday...A slight chance of showers this morning...Then showers with isolated thunderstorms this afternoon. Highs in the mid 50s. South winds 15 to 20 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph...Increasing to 35 mph this afternoon. Chance of r*in near 100 percent.

Thursday night...Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of r*in showers. Lows in the upper 30s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph in the evening.

Friday...Mostly cloudy with isolated r*in showers. Highs in the upper 40s. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of r*in 20 percent.

Friday Night...Mostly cloudy in the evening...Then becoming partly cloudy. Lows around 30. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday...Mostly cloudy. Snow likely...Mainly in the afternoon. Light snow accumulation possible. Highs in the lower 40s. Temperature falling into the lower 30s in the afternoon. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.

Saturday Night...Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow. Cold with lows in the lower 20s.
Where is Happy Hour ?
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Big Bob wrote:Friday looks cold with a high of 29, maybe they are waiting till after todays r*in to make snow on Highline Friday.
They're gonna use helicopters to bring in snow from other areas of the resort like they did on the 2010 Vancouver Olympics at Cypress Mountain.

roundabout
Bumper

Post by roundabout »

BMMC - Bare Mountain Mud challenge?