Schilling should sue ESPN

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Re: Schilling should sue ESPN

Post by Stormchaser »

Bubba wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
Schill has been on a very short leash for a while now at ESPN. He and Steve Lyons appear to be cut from the same cloth. Way too easy for these two former Redsox to stick their feet in their mouths.
Does Schilling do it with his bloody sock on or off?
What are you, English?
ImageImageImageImage
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Spaceman, Psycho and the Bloody Sock would make quite the broadcast team :shock:
Book cameo appearances with Ben Wright, Jimmy the Greek, Imus and others :like

Unrelated, but were Stenger and Quiros somehow involved with 38 Studios? :lol:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Bubba wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
Bubba wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
junior wrote:Conduct clauses are part of every contract these days. Just ask Aaron Hernandez.

Schilling should have been smarter. A lot smarter.

He got what he deserved. Being a dumbass is not an excuse.
I agree he was a dumbass, he should have known better. I just don't like the fact that ESPN gives a pass to other employees for saying something just as dumb.
For example?
Right around the same time the last time Schilling got fired there was an ESPN employee promoting some type of violence, I think something with black lives matters and beating up cops or something. I'm not going to waste my time looking it up. I think Snobrdr wrote something about, maybe he remembers. Either way, as usual with almost every media outlet; it's a double standard over there. We all know it and there's no denying it.
If you're going to say "that ESPN gives a pass to other employees for saying something just as dumb", the least you can do is have the information to back it up.
http://deadspin.com/watch-cris-carter-t ... 1726009743
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.westernjournalism.com/schill ... manualpost" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://wjla.com/news/nation-world/ray-l ... al-conduct" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

I think Bubba might want to see those posts by Madhatter. He was questioning this topic not too long ago.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

f.a.s.t. wrote:I think Bubba might want to see those posts by Madhatter. He was questioning this topic not too long ago.
Ray Lewis is an issue for me as well. If I recall correctly, he pleaded to obstruction in return for testimony against the other two involved in the stabbing. Somehow, he subsequently became an icon of the Baltimore Ravens and now works for ESPN. Really? As I've said about other pro athletes (i.e. Michael Vick) convicted of felonies, he should have been banned for life. His doing commentary for ESPN is as offensive to me as his (and Vick's) being allowed to return to the NFL.

Spike Lee objecting to interracial couples could just as easily be a Catholic parent objecting to a son dating a Jewish girl (or visa versa, or any other mixed religious couple). I'm not sure I'd call it outright racism or bigotry, although I certainly don't agree with him. Tribalism has deep roots, whether racial or religious.

I object to Stephen A. Smith on many levels. His saying that RG III didn't play because he is black is idiotic. He should be canned for being an idiot, not because what he said was racist. (By the way, if you want to be technical, he wasn't being racist at all. He was accusing the Redskins of being racist.)

Anyway, it's clear ESPN isn't perfect, nor is the NFL or any other sports league or related business. If Schilling was so sure of the left/right issue at ESPN, he should have been more careful about what he did on social media. His failing to take note of what he saw makes him as much at fault as ESPN.

I'm sure he'll rise above this and move on to a glorious career at Fox Sports and Fox News. :wink:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Bubba wrote:I'm sure he'll rise above this and move on to a glorious career at Fox Sports and Fox News. :wink:
He'll end up at MSNBC. A perfect replacement for Melissa Harris-Perry. :shock:
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

freeski wrote:
Bubba wrote:I'm sure he'll rise above this and move on to a glorious career at Fox Sports and Fox News. :wink:
He'll end up at MSNBC. A perfect replacement for Melissa Harris-Perry. :shock:
Curt and Kelly?
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Bubba wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:I think Bubba might want to see those posts by Madhatter. He was questioning this topic not too long ago.
Ray Lewis is an issue for me as well. If I recall correctly, he pleaded to obstruction in return for testimony against the other two involved in the stabbing. Somehow, he subsequently became an icon of the Baltimore Ravens and now works for ESPN. Really? As I've said about other pro athletes (i.e. Michael Vick) convicted of felonies, he should have been banned for life. His doing commentary for ESPN is as offensive to me as his (and Vick's) being allowed to return to the NFL.

Spike Lee objecting to interracial couples could just as easily be a Catholic parent objecting to a son dating a Jewish girl (or visa versa, or any other mixed religious couple). I'm not sure I'd call it outright racism or bigotry, although I certainly don't agree with him. Tribalism has deep roots, whether racial or religious.

I object to Stephen A. Smith on many levels. His saying that RG III didn't play because he is black is idiotic. He should be canned for being an idiot, not because what he said was racist. (By the way, if you want to be technical, he wasn't being racist at all. He was accusing the Redskins of being racist.)

Anyway, it's clear ESPN isn't perfect, nor is the NFL or any other sports league or related business. If Schilling was so sure of the left/right issue at ESPN, he should have been more careful about what he did on social media. His failing to take note of what he saw makes him as much at fault as ESPN.

I'm sure he'll rise above this and move on to a glorious career at Fox Sports and Fox News. :wink:
Schilling said on Boston radio on Thursday that he already has another job lined up.

He didn't specify where but he said he'd have a partner.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Curt Schilling calls Stephen A. Smith 'racist,' rejects debate invite

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-l ... 31044.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe