venezuela

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: venezuela

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
freeski wrote:Is there anything Trump can't do? No, there is nothing Trump can not do. :D
Except win a general election.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05 ... tcmp=hpbt2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

he couldn't make it outta the first debate either....meanwhile the anointed hillary can't get by sanders despite her overwhelming political connections and endless bankroll...

I wouldn't be counting yer chickens just yet...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Coydog wrote:Per Capita European Patent Applications
Anybody can apply for a patent. Look, I just invented the new Kzone paper clip.
clip.jpg
clip.jpg (20.24 KiB) Viewed 818 times
I can send off a patent application today, and increase our paltry showing in world patent application statistics. We can go in on it together, why we could make.... hundreds, no doubt.

That's why I asked for a list of inventions. I was looking for evidence on who was creating the most commercially successful inventions in the recent past.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Mister Moose wrote:
Coydog wrote:Per Capita European Patent Applications
Anybody can apply for a patent. Look, I just invented the new Kzone paper clip.

I can send off a patent application today, and increase our paltry showing in world patent application statistics. We can go in on it together, why we could make.... hundreds, no doubt.

That's why I asked for a list of inventions. I was looking for evidence on who was creating the most commercially successful inventions in the recent past.
Sure, hundreds of applications. Assuming we do this as a "small entity", I'll leave it to you to pay the cumulative fees of about $1200 per application and if everything goes well, the maintenance fee of $800 every 3.5 years. Of course, this doesn't include legal fees, but maybe we can get a deal.
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Look madhatter, I honestly don't care if you agree with me or not. I wouldn't expect your support.

The facts are there for you. You want to devote 18% of GDP towards lesser care. I would rather adopt a model that results in 10-13% of GDP going towards healthcare and have better quality outcomes. Dozens of immigrant accepting nations have achieved this and we could to, but the dumb f*** anti government folks like yourself are too stupid to figure that out because it's the government and government is bad.

This is basically the government offering to sell you a pound of Prime Ribeye for $11/# and you saying, "nah, I'd rather go buy 10 ounces of Select Ribeye for $18."

You'll never change the mind of someone that stupid even when you put the math right in front of them.

I agree with Moose. We shouldnt give high school diplomas to idiots. You're a prime example.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:Look madhatter, I honestly don't care if you agree with me or not. I wouldn't expect your support.without it you have nothing, you need me to contribute I certainly don't need you making demands of me...

The facts are there for you. You want to devote 18% of GDP towards lesser care.no I want to know where you are going to get that 17% of add'l gdp in tax revenue that norway requires for its "model" from I would rather adopt a model that results in 10-13% yeah that's gonna happen, though honestly we will see some improvements with TRUMP:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/ ... are-reform" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Completely repeal Obamacare. Our elected representatives must eliminate the individual mandate. No person should be required to buy insurance unless he or she wants to.

Modify existing law that inhibits the sale of health insurance across state lines. As long as the plan purchased complies with state requirements, any vendor ought to be able to offer insurance in any state. By allowing full competition in this market, insurance costs will go down and consumer satisfaction will go up.

Allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns under the current tax system. Businesses are allowed to take these deductions so why wouldn’t Congress allow individuals the same exemptions? As we allow the free market to provide insurance coverage opportunities to companies and individuals, we must also make sure that no one slips through the cracks simply because they cannot afford insurance. We must review basic options for Medicaid and work with states to ensure that those who want healthcare coverage can have it.

Allow individuals to use Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). Contributions into HSAs should be tax-free and should be allowed to accumulate. These accounts would become part of the estate of the individual and could be passed on to heirs without fear of any death penalty. These plans should be particularly attractive to young people who are healthy and can afford high-deductible insurance plans. These funds can be used by any member of a family without penalty. The flexibility and security provided by HSAs will be of great benefit to all who participate.
Require price transparency from all healthcare providers, especially doctors and healthcare organizations like clinics and hospitals. Individuals should be able to shop to find the best prices for procedures, exams or any other medical-related procedure.

Block-grant Medicaid to the states. Nearly every state already offers benefits beyond what is required in the current Medicaid structure. The state governments know their people best and can manage the administration of Medicaid far better without federal overhead. States will have the incentives to seek out and eliminate fraud, waste and abuse to preserve our precious resources.

Remove barriers to entry into free markets for drug providers that offer safe, reliable and cheaper products. Congress will need the courage to step away from the special interests and do what is right for America.

Though the pharmaceutical industry is in the private sector, drug companies provide a public service. Allowing consumers access to imported, safe and dependable drugs from overseas will bring more options to consumers.

of GDP going towards healthcare and have better quality outcomes. BULLSH!T Dozens of immigrant accepting nations have achieved this and we could to, but the dumb f*** anti government folks like yourself are too stupid to figure that out because it's the government and government is bad.govt has a limited role, not an all encompassing nanny state roll, clearly you need someone to think and do for you so it makes sense to you, not needing or wanting anything from you it seems ridiculous to me, definitely a nonstarter...

fixed it for ya...

This is basically the government forcing you to buy a pound of processed lips and @ssholes and pretending it's Prime Ribeye for $11/# and you saying, "nah, I'd rather go buy 10 ounces of whatever the f@ck I want for whatever deal I can negotiate on my own."

You'll never change the mind of someone that stupid even when you put the math right in front of them. :roll:

I agree with Moose. We shouldn't give high school diplomas to idiots. You're a prime example.
clearly you need to move since utopia is everywhere but here...nothing you've posted has convinced me ( and i doubt anyone else) to sign on to your plan, thus by default they are in the same camp as I am, the no thanks to "your plan"... you've done nothing but attack me and anyone else who disagrees with you while providing nothing but anecdotal proclamations of better, cheaper etc as facts that no one sees or agrees with, yet somehow you imagine yourself as having the upper hand here...that's progressive...progressive mental illness...don't worry though TRUMP is going to address that too...
Finally, we need to reform our mental health programs and institutions in this country. Families, without the ability to get the information needed to help those who are ailing, are too often not given the tools to help their loved ones. There are promising reforms being developed in Congress that should receive bi-partisan support.

you keep hatin', I'll keep Hattin'... :D
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Right because your factless opinion on healthcare quality clearly is a better indicator than WHO statistically. I linked the WHO stats in a prior post if you actually want to educate yourself on healthcare statistics.

And actually the majority of Americans do support single payer healthcare.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... healthcare" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by deadheadskier on May 19th, '16, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:Right because your factless opinion on healthcare quality clearly is a better indicator than WHO statistics. did you post them? all I saw was your cost/benefit analysis applied to the nation as a whole, I'm really only concerned with the outcome of me and those in my immediate circle...that 7 previously uninsured people got cured of syphilis before they died while my friend or family member dies of cancer waiting for, or being denied treatment is of no value to me at all...only a very few countries have the kind of high tech medical services and the means for the avg person to afford them, the US being among them, I'm happy with that...I'm happy w the quality of care my wife got when she broke her leg, I'm happy w the treatment my brother got when diagnosed w multilple myeloma, I'm also very happy with the insurance coverage they both had and the way their employers handled things as well...nothing you are offering is an improvement on that...how hard is that for you to understand?

And actually the majority of Americans do support single payer healthcare.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... healthcare" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
guess it'll be happening any day now then, Sanders 2016...funny how you continually offer that which you deem to be a better deal for me, then get angry when I turn it down...why?
Last edited by madhatter on May 19th, '16, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.
mach es sehr schnell

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”

― George Orwell, Animal Farm
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Angry? :lol:

Angry? :lol: :lol:

Like I said dude, I think you are quite literally a human piece of garbage. I don't get angry at garbage.

And that opinion is not because you and I have different views on various subjects. I've got numerous conservative friends. You're a piece of garbage because you're in your 50s and act like your 12 most of the time. You're a piece of garbage for how you snap daily and treat others poorly. I may dislike who you are as a person, but I don't get angry at garbage.

Okay I'm done. Thanks for the entertainment.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”

― George Orwell, Animal Farm
TRUE STORY:

I have a friend who came here from a communist country as a political refugee ( his parents were dissidents, he was still a kid) he told us how when he needed to have his tonsils out his parents knew that if he just went to the state dr they'd "butcher him", but they had connections that enabled them to make sure he saw a dr that was known to be a very good one...cuz again some animals are more equal than others...

on a related note, both the good dr and " the butcher" as he called him would have reported a "successful" tonsillectomy... but the outcome was certainly not the same...rather be my friend than than any of the other kids he knew who weren't so lucky...

choosing my own steak--out...
Last edited by madhatter on May 19th, '16, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
mach es sehr schnell

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

What I have never understood about the desire for single payer, government run healthcare, is the following:

Many of the same people who talk about waste in the military, mismanagement of TSA, fraud in Medicaid and Medicare, the problems with the VA, and many other failures of government, somehow believe that turning over everyone's health care and health insurance to the government is somehow a good idea.

Single payer supporters, please explain.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:What I have never understood about the desire for single payer, government run healthcare, is the following:

Many of the same people who talk about waste in the military, mismanagement of TSA, fraud in Medicaid and Medicare, the problems with the VA, and many other failures of government, somehow believe that turning over everyone's health care and health insurance to the government is somehow a good idea.

mach es sehr schnell

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:What I have never understood about the desire for single payer, government run healthcare, is the following:

Chirp Chirp (crickets). My family will not allow me to use my VA benefits. Wonder why?
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

The adminstrative costs are astronomical at hospitals in terms of managing a multi vendor insurance system. It was only in recent years that coding for medical billing was standardized and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 25% of a hospital bills expenses are devoted to administrative costs, not the actual care. Standardizing price of care and payment reduces this to a fraction of the cost. Even if the government screws up and can only reduce that by 10%, you're still talking massive savings over the course of a population.

A common misconception I might add when discussing single payer healthcare and free public universities is that people in favor of it are looking for handouts. Not true. I and most people I know who want this system are well educated professionals with great company benefits. We all put ourselves through school. We all save for our kids college education. I also work in medical technology and there's a good chance single payer will hurt my own compensation. This isn't about me. Not about freebies and handouts. Both are about economic improvement nationally. Reducing costs and building a healthier and more productive workforce is what this is all about.

There are many industries where private industry is the way to go. Healthcare is not one of them. Americans are getting ripped off. The numbers don't lie
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:The adminstrative costs are astronomical at hospitals in terms of managing a multi vendor insurance system. It was only in recent years that coding for medical billing was standardized and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 25% of a hospital bills expenses are devoted to administrative costs, cuz of govt restrictions and the like, govt isn't the answer here, as is often the case, it's the problem...not the actual care. Standardizing price the way medicaid does? that's called price controls, not standardizing prices...of care and payment reduces payments to dr's and facilities to a fraction of the cost.who in turn reduce care, reduce expenditures on equipment, hire less qualified dr's who are looking for an "in", refuse patients or go bankrupt... Even whenif the government screws up and increases that by 10%, you'll still shout the savings from the rooftops...you're still talking massive savings over the course of a population. a metric that doesn't really measure any benefit to the avg person...

A common misconception I might add when discussing single payer healthcare and free public universities is that people in favor of it are looking for handouts. Not true. I and most people I know who want this system are well educated professionals with great company benefits. We all put ourselves through school. We all save for our kids college education. I also work in medical technology and there's a good chance single payer will hurt my own compensation. This isn't about me. Not about freebies and handouts. it's still about YOU demanding others pay for what you say they should...I don;t care whether you benefit from it or you advocate for others, the answer is still NO, ... Both are about economic improvement nationally. Reducing costs and building a healthier and more productive workforce is what this is all about.neither of those outcomes is guaranteed or even realistically expected from them,HMO's were gonna do the same thing....the exact opposite has happened since their advent...fatter, less healthy, less productive, less workforce period...

There are many industries where private industry is the way to go. Healthcare is not one of them. Americans are getting ripped off. The numbers don't lie
so your entire argument comes down to : YOUR IDEOLOGY? and we should all adopt that cuz you say so? cuz it's not for you but for the greater good according to you? sorry dude but outside of your groupthink bubble reality is quite different....
mach es sehr schnell