venezuela

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
freeski
Post Office

Re: venezuela

Post by freeski »

It's night and we will light'em up.

The head of The Secret Police has turned.

We own the night. This may take a bit, butt this will not be another failed Turkey coup.

Obama spilled a lot of blood after his peace prize.

Kick It
8)
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

spoon fed media.

no one is on the ground.

the weather beacons are down. & a f5ighter suad roon is at PEACE

f or fight
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

The cat's out of the bag.

Is Putin really moving nukes into the theater.

I doubt it. Butt, looks like dear leader will stay in Cuba for a bit.

See ya, wouldn't want to be you.

:seeya
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Venezuela’s oil sector continues to decline and was in a steep freefall even before this week’s coup attempt. “Production in Venezuela now amounts to only around 800,000 barrels per day. It has thus plunged by almost 400,000 barrels per day in just three months’ time, and is likely to fall further,” Commerzbank wrote in a note on Thursday.

In fact, the failure of Juan Guaidó and the setback to one of the Trump administration’s key foreign policy offensives probably means that Washington will only escalate from here. “The White House will likely look to further erode the country’s oil export revenue by compelling consuming countries like India to curb their Venezuelan purchases,” RBC Capital Markets said in a note... RBC says that Venezuela’s oil production could potentially even fall to zero by the end of the year. It sounds unthinkable, but RBC says Maduro hanging on “is quite plausible given the substantial support Maduro is receiving from Moscow as well as the fact that junior officers have been the principal defectors.” As Maduro stays in power, Washington will tighten the noose, which could put all of Venezuela’s oil exports at risk.

Looking back to before the production declines after Chavez (1999)

Production was at one time 3 million barrels a day. While it will take a while to repair the industry to achieve those levels again, it would have quite an effect on both the world price (and stability) of oil, and a return to a functioning economy for Venezuela. It also sets the bar for the US (to try) to keep out Cuba, Russia and China. With the double whammy of 3 billion bbl/day of oil, and keeping China/Russia out of this hemisphere, It seems likely we will see both continued and increasing effort in bringing Venezuela to democratic stability.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Oil, not for us, butt China and others are still hyper dependent.

Spain has said they will shelter the opposition leader. If you have Spain it's a feather in Venezuela's hat.

If we hold we will eventually solve a lot of our problems from the south.

- End brain drain to the north. Strong men will fall. Hard drugs will be slowed down and The Girl from Ipanema. Will...

This will be time consuming and bitter. Trump is handling the world problems well.

Cool Beans
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Mister Moose wrote:It also sets the bar for the US (to try) to keep out Cuba, Russia and China. With the double whammy of 3 billion bbl/day of oil, and keeping China/Russia out of this hemisphere, It seems likely we will see both continued and increasing effort in bringing Venezuela to democratic stability.
Not likely under this administration. More likely you're going to see Maduro consolidate power with the help of the Russians, and Trump will do little to nothing other than pontificate or at best impose economic sanctions. Those will of course do nothing because Maduro will be able to sell his oil to China and Russia and other places.

Also I thought you weren't interested in nation building? Because that's what it means to be "increasing effort in bringing Venezuela to democratic stability." Frankly, I think our policy should be to focus on nation building in our hemisphere, and withdraw from overseas commitments in places like Europe and the Middle East. Long term, the future of our country would be much brighter if all of South America was filled with functional, stable democracies.
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Looks like Trump is still Putin's bitch:
Trump spoke approvingly of Russian actions in Venezuela following a lengthy phone call with Russian President Vladi­mir Putin on Friday, saying that Putin “is not looking at all to get involved in Venezuela other than he’d like to see something positive happen for Venezuela. And I feel the same way. We want to get some humanitarian aid.”

His comments stood in contrast to earlier statements from Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Bolton, who accused Russia of propping up Maduro with money and military equipment.

During the Putin call, Trump expressed his concern about the security and humanitarian situation in Venezuela, a person briefed on the call said. Putin agreed with Trump’s assessment but said that the U.S. position has solidified Maduro’s grip on power in Venezuela.

Putin also told Trump that Moscow was not selling new weapons to Venezuela but maintaining existing contracts, and he played down Russia’s financial investments in the country.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 668d4c9e1d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;