A sure sign of Spring

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Richard Simmons
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Richard Simmons »

Draft picks blew.
Hmmmm? Odd name, Draft Picks is. But I'd would still like to meet him, for obvious reasons.

Call me Mr. Picks.
That's one big rope between my legs. Who wants to go for a swing?

Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Jodi wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:
snowsprite wrote:Dork that's not feeble. And one thing that is pretty unanimous around here...you're a good guy.
:)

Sprite
SkiDork wrote: Jodi, I'm gonna chime in here. Just my $0.02

This is my first experience ever at being an admin. And I'll say this about the job: It's EXTREMELY difficult. I see now why constitutional lawyers get paid the big bucks. They argue this sort of stuff their whole life. And the supreme court even interprets it.

I'm not saying this board is on the same level as the US constitution. But being a judge just ain't what it's cracked up to be.

I'm prolly the worst of the five at deciding if anything needs nuking. Thats why I usually just let everything go because it's too difficult to decide.

The point of my post? I don't really know.

Maybe just this: Let's not criticize the admins until you've walked in their shoes. Yeah that sounds cool.

I guess one could extrapolate that to: Lets not criticize EACH OTHER until we've walked a mile in their shoes. Yeah, that sounds good, too.

A feeble 2 pennies, but they're mine! ;-)

YUP Great Guy !,even for a J-E-T-S fan!
J-Just
E-End
T-The
S-Season

Hey Atomic,

As a fellow Giants fan, I think we're gonna suck again this year. Still no offensive line. Draft picks blew. Manning's gonna get his ass kicked again. Must be tough completeing passes while your laying on your back.

Are the guys gonna move this to another place because it's sports?
Actually Jodi I think you will be surprised by the Giants this year.
They signed a Right Tackle from the JETS that is supposed to be the real deal and this will let the guy who played rt for us last season go back to where he did well At right guard the year before.
We signed a Real Middle LB from the skins.
A new kicker
A receiver from the Steelers thats supposed to be real good
We also got rid of some dead wood like Dayne so those roster spots will be filled by guy's that contribute on special teams.
We drafted a few good players and we have some money left over to pick up some last minute ,other team late cuts.We will be much improved.
Remember I told you so>> :wink:
Jodi
Black Carver

Post by Jodi »

Atomic1 wrote:
Jodi wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:
snowsprite wrote:Dork that's not feeble. And one thing that is pretty unanimous around here...you're a good guy.

Sprite
SkiDork wrote: Jodi, I'm gonna chime in here. Just my $0.02

This is my first experience ever at being an admin. And I'll say this about the job: It's EXTREMELY difficult. I see now why constitutional lawyers get paid the big bucks. They argue this sort of stuff their whole life. And the supreme court even interprets it.

I'm not saying this board is on the same level as the US constitution. But being a judge just ain't what it's cracked up to be.

I'm prolly the worst of the five at deciding if anything needs nuking. Thats why I usually just let everything go because it's too difficult to decide.

The point of my post? I don't really know.

Maybe just this: Let's not criticize the admins until you've walked in their shoes. Yeah that sounds cool.

I guess one could extrapolate that to: Lets not criticize EACH OTHER until we've walked a mile in their shoes. Yeah, that sounds good, too.

A feeble 2 pennies, but they're mine! ;-)

J-Just
E-End
T-The
S-Season

Hey Atomic,

As a fellow Giants fan, I think we're gonna suck again this year. Still no offensive line. Draft picks blew. Manning's gonna get his ass kicked again. Must be tough completeing passes while your laying on your back.

They signed a Right Tackle from the JETS that is supposed to be the real deal and this will let the guy who played rt for us last season go back to where he did well At right guard the year before.
A new kicker
We also got rid of some dead wood like Dayne so those roster spots will be filled by guy's that contribute on special teams.
We drafted a few good players and we have some money left over to pick up some last minute ,other team late cuts.We will be much improved.
My concern goes no farther than the offensive line. Manning's gonna need protection ( hanging curveball for Mr Simmons here..Dick? Dick? ), if he expects to ever complete any passes.

I hope you're right, but with no offensive line to speak of, it may be another long season.

Do you go to any games? We have season tix, so let me know if you plan to attend any games this season. We'll hook up at the tailgate.
Abraham and Isaac
sitting on a fence
You'd get right to work
if you had any sense
Y'know the one thing we need
is a left-hand monkey wrench
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Jodi wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:
Jodi wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:

Sprite

J-Just
E-End
T-The
S-Season

Hey Atomic,

A new kicker
My concern goes no farther than the offensive line. Manning's gonna need protection ( hanging curveball for Mr Simmons here..Dick? Dick? ), if he expects to ever complete any passes.

I hope you're right, but with no offensive line to speak of, it may be another long season.

Do you go to any games? We have season tix, so let me know if you plan to attend any games this season. We'll hook up at the tailgate.
We have friends that are Season Ticket holders and we would buy a game or 2 every season, especially when the kids were younger .But with ski in/out condo in the works, I would actually rather go skiing instead! :wink: Will meet ya on the hill!
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

I heard on the news today that the Giants had Doug Flutie in yesterday and were considering him for a backup to Manning. Bad scenerio, Manning goes out, Flutie comes in, nother loosing season. :cry:
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
Jodi
Black Carver

Post by Jodi »

andyzee wrote:I heard on the news today that the Giants had Doug Flutie in yesterday and were considering him for a backup to Manning. Bad scenerio, Manning goes out, Flutie comes in, nother loosing season. :cry:
It's gonna be a long season anyway. I hope it won't, but it looks like it may be. Need some damn offensive lineman. Why can't they figure that out.
Abraham and Isaac
sitting on a fence
You'd get right to work
if you had any sense
Y'know the one thing we need
is a left-hand monkey wrench
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

andyzee wrote:I heard on the news today that the Giants had Doug Flutie in yesterday and were considering him for a backup to Manning. Bad scenerio, Manning goes out, Flutie comes in, nother loosing season. :cry:
Isnt he pushing 50 yet?
ImageImageImageImage
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Jodi wrote:
It's gonna be a long season anyway. I hope it won't, but it looks like it may be. Need some damn offensive lineman. Why can't they figure that out.

Jodi,The O line is gonna be the biggest improvement this season.Just ask J-E-T-S fans LIKE DORK about the RT we got from them KAREEM McKENZIE
This will let David Diehl who is 6'5" 320 go back to Guard were he excelled the previous season!
Snee has a year under him now and Petigout and Ohara are seasoned Vets.remember>>I TOLD YA SO> :wink:
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Stormchaser wrote:
Isnt he pushing 50 yet?
Oh crap...the Pats picked him up as a backup to Brady!
ImageImageImageImage