Johnson / Weld

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Johnson / Weld

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:Oh, Khan was a staged attack. I'm assuming you think Patricia Smith was a staged attack as well yes?
similar for sure ... the biggest difference was trump had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the death of khans son in 2004 while on active duty vs hillary's direct implication in the death of four americans in banghazi...otherwise yeah same thing.... :roll:

additionally I didn't see smith's speech but I doubt she had a "prop" constitution handy and a straw man argument trump never made to set afire either...I didn't see anyone in the news or here rebut clintons assertions that smith was a liar, obviously cuz she couched with one of those most venerable platitudes you consider genuine heartfelt responses...again I'll take the straight talker over the purveyor of platitudes and perpetual plausible deniability....
The whole position of the DNC in placing Khan was to demonstrate you can have a blanket policy to ban muslims from coming to the US. While this characterization may have been wrong or misinterpreted by what Trump said ... he made things worse by basically slamming the Khan family. He took the bait even better than the DNC imagined. I can only imagine a vets reaction hear Trump double down saying he made sacrifices too in building the Trump Organization :roll: :roll: :roll:
khans SON made a sacrifice his parents sh!t all over his legacy by offering him up as a pawn to prop up a straw man argument trump never made... I know it plays to the dimwitted lefties and clearly the DNC's only concern is to wwin by whatever means as was demonstrated via the wikileaks memos...

I'm never FOR any politician and ALWAYS opposed to the left and their blatant corruption and divisive identity politics... I don't really "like" trump, I simply despise clinton, the left and all they embody...that leaves trump...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

madhatter wrote:khans SON made a sacrifice his parents sh!t all over his legacy by offering him up as a pawn to prop up a straw man argument trump never made... I know it plays to the dimwitted lefties and clearly the DNC's only concern is to wwin by whatever means as was demonstrated via the wikileaks memos...
I don't know if you have children, but if it was any of my sons I would see it as a sacrifice and many of my friends that are parents see it similarly ... or at least the word "sacrificed" resonated with me/us. I don't think it's a good look to go after the parents of someone KIA based and pick on their word choice in expressing their grief $0.02.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:khans SON made a sacrifice his parents sh!t all over his legacy by offering him up as a pawn to prop up a straw man argument trump never made... I know it plays to the dimwitted lefties and clearly the DNC's only concern is to wwin by whatever means as was demonstrated via the wikileaks memos...
I don't know if you have children, but if it was any of my sons I would see it as a sacrifice and many of my friends that are parents see it similarly ... or at least the word "sacrificed" resonated with me/us. bought the spin, got it... I don't think it's a good look to go after the parents of someone KIA based and pick on their word choice in expressing their grief $0.02.
right spin spin spin ... attack trump and hide behind their sons honorable service exploiting it to make political hay... yeah they made a sacrifice alright, of their son;s legacy, the son himself chose to serve on his own and his parents don;t get credit for that... trump went after a disingenuous propagandist strawman attack cloaked by the death of a son over a decade ago that trump had nothing to do with, yeah I'll agree the optics are bad but only idiots fall for optical illusions in the face of reality... got no more time for this today...khan is a POS and his son;'s valor can;t rescue him from that...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

madhatter wrote:
I'm never FOR any politician and ALWAYS opposed to the left and their blatant corruption and divisive identity politics... I don't really "like" trump, I simply despise clinton, the left and all they embody...that leaves trump...
If you largely consider yourself to be libertarian, why not make a statement and vote for Johnson / Weld then? Like Massachusetts, I'm guessing that there is almost zero chance that Vermont does not go democratic anyway....
Don't Killington Pico
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

boston_e wrote:Like Massachusetts, I'm guessing that there is almost zero chance that Vermont does not go democratic anyway....
Same can be said for NY.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

They showed themselves very well tonite. :like Refreshing to see their contrast from all the vitriolic nonsense.
Thoughtful, truthful logical responses. No braggadocio .. just plain & simple common sense positions.
Love to see somebody throw them some financial support so they could widely broadcast their message.

The pink and powder blue states are their best opportunity. Forget the dark blue ones. The red ones are fair game.
In a debate forum, all Johnson would have to do is make decent measured responses on 1 or 2 questions.
Then, bring up his protection shield while photon torpedos fly between the two knuckleheads. :dislike

Lighting a prayer candle :wink:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

boston_e wrote:
madhatter wrote:
If you largely consider yourself to be libertarian, why not make a statement and vote for Johnson / Weld then? Like Massachusetts, I'm guessing that there is almost zero chance that Vermont does not go democratic anyway....
libertarian as a philosophy ( note I also said utilitarian) is not exactly the same as libertarian as a political party and I don;t really think a libertarian philosophy fits our country as a means of govt...I;d like to see a TRUE conservative govt, w a small(er) more focused central govt w greater states rights and less subsidizing of "things" that would otherwise fail...

I do what I can and follow my doctrine of exponential reciprocation wherever possible in my daily life...when I go to the polls I do what I can to stop the massive expansion of govt into every corner of our lives and financial well being...that most often means voting for whomever will get the most media scrutiny for every little thing, which for the last 15 years has clearly been anyone associated with an R in any way....the more the media and the left hate em the more I know they are the right choice...
mach es sehr schnell

boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

brownman wrote:They showed themselves very well tonite. :like Refreshing to see their contrast from all the vitriolic nonsense.
Thoughtful, truthful logical responses. No braggadocio .. just plain & simple common sense positions.
Love to see somebody throw them some financial support so they could widely broadcast their message.

The pink and powder blue states are their best opportunity. Forget the dark blue ones. The red ones are fair game.
In a debate forum, all Johnson would have to do is make decent measured responses on 1 or 2 questions.
Then, bring up his protection shield while photon torpedos fly between the two knuckleheads. :dislike

I agree, I thought they presented themselves very well. In some ways I kind of think it would be better if Weld were at the top of the ticket, but overall I have a hard time understanding how anyone could think that Dumph or Shrillary are a better choice than these two.
Don't Killington Pico
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

boston_e wrote:
brownman wrote:They showed themselves very well tonite. :like Refreshing to see their contrast from all the vitriolic nonsense.

I agree, I thought they presented themselves very well. In some ways I kind of think it would be better if Weld were at the top of the ticket, but overall I have a hard time understanding how anyone could think that Dumph or Shrillary are a better choice than these two.
get one of em on a ticket that actually has a shot and I'd listen to what they have to say, right now? NEVER HILLARY!

cuz we can't continue with stuff like this:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... /88033922/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Kudos to CNN for the forum. 90% of what they say makes perfect sense. I like the way they carry themselves. A breath of fresh air.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Yup !

As Boston_e indicates, flipping the ticket might have slightly better resonance. Weld is truly well-informed and more articulate.
The downside to that is that Johnson is better regarded in those states where Libs have a better chance at swooping the frustrated.

Find some bumper stickers and plaster them all over the cars in Mall parking lots.
Ain't no Fat Lady until Electoral College Commencement.

Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

you either vote for or against clinton there are NO OTHER OPTIONS regardless of what you imagine....it's really THAT simple...cuz maff....
mach es sehr schnell

boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

madhatter wrote:
you either vote for or against clinton there are NO OTHER OPTIONS regardless of what you imagine....it's really THAT simple...cuz maff....
The thing is though, to many of us (and I understand you don't agree) the idea of a Dumph presidency is equally bad as the idea of a Shrillary presidency. So the only alternative is to make a statement by voting third party.
Don't Killington Pico
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

A couple posts above is evidence ... never a good idea to stare at a solar eclipse. :lol:
The populace is realizing the shaman is a paper tiger .. tiny hands and feet of clay.

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

madhatter wrote:Image

You suck at maff......

Perot took more votes from Clinton than he did Bush. The polling data backs it up.

Perot took 9 points from Clinton and only 2 from Bush.

http://spectator.org/63682_bushioisie-w ... ouse-1992/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;