Johnson / Weld

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Johnson / Weld

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:Image

you either vote for or against clinton there are NO OTHER OPTIONS regardless of what you imagine....it's really THAT simple...cuz maff....
You suck at maff......

Perot took more votes from Clinton than he did Bush. The polling data backs it up.

Perot took 9 points from Clinton and only 2 from Bush.

http://spectator.org/63682_bushioisie-w ... ouse-1992/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lawrence of oblivier, you'll believe ANYTHING that supports your argument...in your mind liberals rejected clinton in favor of the conservative reform party candidate? sure they did...just the snark of the "bushiosie" makes the bias crystal clear...everywhere else the consensus is that perot cost bush I re-election...if you want to believe largely unverifiable exit polls as gospel go for it... it's this kind of willful ignorance that proves your lofo/nofo status...You don;t bother to ponder at all...which is why you are totally fine w gov making decisions for you (and everyone else)...on the other hand I don;t want to make any decisions for you and obviously refuse to allow you to make decision for me...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Prove your position dumbass. As usual you are only able to provide stupid memes with your (barely) useful conjecture.

That's all you're good for around here. Dumbf@ck memes with no substance and data unless it's some Zerohedge BS.

The polling data from those times proves you're wrong. But you're never wrong right?

Smarter than the Harvard students who won't endorse the con artist trolling your ass and masquerading like he cares to be President. When is Trump going to start trying? You should be pissed. Dude is throwing the election. WTF was he doing in Maine yesterday where he has no shot? And while there, why was he making incredibly uninformed comments about Somalis in the state?

Can't do maff. No wonder college wasn't the place for you
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

There are parts of Maine that have been destroyed by refugees. Parts of Portland are now slums. Lots of nice old apartment houses not being rented because they will be trashed. The Africans like to use a spice that sticks to the walls and the walls and everything else.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperie ... lection92/

General Article: The Election of 1992

"It's the Economy, Stupid." So read a sign in Governor Bill Clinton's Little Rock campaign office. The sluggish economy was President George H.W. Bush's Achilles heel in 1992, and his campaign never managed to respond adequately to the Clinton campaign's near-constant hammering on the state of the U.S. economy. Bush's inability to either fix the economy or convey to the American public a sense of caring led many voters to see him as out of touch.

When Republican challenger Pat Buchanan won 34% of the primary vote in New Hampshire against incumbent President Bush, he held up a newspaper headline that read "Read Our Lips." A revolt of the Republican Party's conservative wing had begun when Bush reneged on his tax pledge and in 1992 those sentiments threatened to make Bush a one-termer. By breaking his "No New Taxes" pledge, Bush had alienated members of the rapidly growing conservative movement. In a typical election, this revolt may have been limited to the primary season. But with a sizeable portion of conservative voters unhappy with Bush, the time was right for a third-party challenge.

Ross Perot, a self-made billionaire and businessman, stormed onto the scene in 1992, and ultimately become the most successful third-party candidate since Theodore Roosevelt in the election of 1912. His campaign had a strange start. Appearing on Larry King Live in January, Perot told viewers that if they did the legwork to put him on the ballot in all 50 states, he would run for president. The fact that he had not technically announced himself a candidate did not stop him from coming in ahead of both Clinton and Bush in a Time/CNN poll in mid-May.

A Fiscal Conservative
Perot made the focus of his campaign fixing the economy. He aired infomercials detailing his economic ideas, complete with charts and graphs to illustrate his plan. Perot offered conservatives angry at Bush -- those who had supported Buchanan in the primary -- an alternative. In July, Perot, who had never officially announced a candidacy, announced that he was pulling out of the race. He was back in October, this time officially announcing himself a candidate. In November, he would capture 19 percent of the vote, and cost Bush a second term.

Disorganized Campaign
The Bush campaign of 1992 never had the organization or consistency of message that had been the hallmark of his 1988 campaign. Chief among the factors contributing to the seeming disarray was the absence of Lee Atwater, the firebrand political operative who had devised Bush's winning strategy in the 1988 campaign. Atwater had died of brain cancer the previous year. Many were expecting Secretary of State James Baker, who had managed Bush's 1980 and 1988 campaigns, to return to the task in 1992. However, Baker wanted to remain Secretary of State for as long as possible. It was only in September that Baker finally left the State Department for campaign headquarters. In Baker's absence, no one person stepped in to fill a leadership vacuum within Bush's team. One campaign aide recalls that late in the campaign, the team had still not come up with an answer to the most basic question, "Why should George Bush be elected president?"

End of an Era
In the end, Bush was undone by Perot, his campaign staff, and more. He received only 37% of the popular vote -- just two years after he had recorded 89% approval ratings, at the end of the Gulf War. The end of the Bush presidency signaled the end of an era in American politics. Bush was the last of America's leaders from the World War II generation, and Bill Clinton became the first baby boomer president
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

freeski wrote:There are parts of Maine that have been destroyed by refugees. Parts of Portland are now slums. Lots of nice old apartment houses not being rented because they will be trashed. The Africans like to use a spice that sticks to the walls and the walls and everything else.
You're a f*** racist idiot and haven't a clue about Maine/Portland. No clue. I lived in Portland for three years. I am still there once a week for work. I used to employ the people you are disparaging. Everything you say here is total sh*t.

What's the basis for your opinion? How much time do you spend in Maine?
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

deadheadskier wrote:You're a f*** racist idiot and haven't a clue about Maine/Portland. No clue.
Attachments
tolerant-liberal.jpg
tolerant-liberal.jpg (53.89 KiB) Viewed 521 times
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

How cute. Senile steamboat has used his favorite meme again for the four thousandth time.

Your wife's family are Italian immigrants if I recall correctly. How would you feel if Trump sh*t on her family like he did on Somalis in Portland yesterday?

The Somalis in Maine are NO different from the Italians in Brooklyn. Actually they are. Probably safer for society. Crime has gone down with them coming to Maine. They haven't brought the organized Mafia crime that members of the Italian community brought to NY.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

No, it's true. So I take it you're a pimp :?: I don't have a problem bringing people into the country, but Maine has been a dumping ground. Very unfair to the people of Maine. I was in Portland once when some country in Africa was granted independence. There was a celebration in the arena (the one close to the Burger King, you know where I mean. Many of the old apartment houses are boarded up in the area. I asked a cop if there was a pot festival. He laughed and told me it was a celebration for their country. I went in and it was pretty cool. I stayed about 10 minutes because the smell of body odor was sickening. There's another small town in Maine the Feds dumped another huge population from Africa. It's just a welfare town now. This was ALL done by Obama. Cankle will do the same, but with muslims.

edit: I lived in York a couple of years. Went to Portland weekly. Watched the city go downhill. Still a nice city, but parts are ruined.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

freeski wrote:No, it's true. So I take it you're a pimp :?: I don't have a problem bringing people into the country, but Maine has been a dumping ground. Very unfair to the people of Maine. I was in Portland once when some country in Africa was granted independence. There was a celebration in the arena (the one close to the Burger King, you know where I mean. Many of the old apartment houses are boarded up in the area. I asked a cop if there was a pot festival. He laughed and told me it was a celebration for their country. I went in and it was pretty cool. I stayed about 10 minutes because the smell of body odor was sickening. There's another small town in Maine the Feds dumped another huge population from Africa. It's just a welfare town now. This was ALL done by Obama. Cankle will do the same, but with muslims.
Good trolling son
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

You haven't a clue about Portland. It's problem now is gentrification. Occupancy rates of apartments are near 100%, rents and property values skyrocketing. Doubt you could even afford to live there.

Guess you're reflecting on that one time in the 80s when mom let you out of the basement to go visit there.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

deadheadskier wrote:Your wife's family are Italian immigrants if I recall correctly. How would you feel if Trump sh*t on her family like he did on Somalis in Portland yesterday?
All immigrants were shat on. Welcome to reality, then again maybe not. You'd welcome anyone from anywhere being the tolerant liberal you are.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

steamboat1 wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:Your wife's family are Italian immigrants if I recall correctly. How would you feel if Trump sh*t on her family like he did on Somalis in Portland yesterday?
All immigrants were shat on. Welcome to reality, then again maybe not. You'd welcome anyone from anywhere being the tolerant liberal you are.
Okay. We're making progress in our dialogue. You think all immigrants, even your wife's family should be shat on.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

deadheadskier wrote:
steamboat1 wrote:
Okay. We're making progress in our dialogue. You think all immigrants, even your wife's family should be shat on.
Especially yours for raising such a dumbass
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

steamboat1 wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:
steamboat1 wrote:
Especially yours for raising such a dumbass
Angry old steamboat. Don't ever lose your charm. I'd miss laughing at you
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

DHS = imbecile, crazy, intolerant angry imbecile who is apparently married to a chupacabra...no wonder yer so butthurt all the time...sux to be you , but that's pretty much a given....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....