Johnson / Weld

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
boston_e
Postaholic

Re: Johnson / Weld

Post by boston_e »

steamboat1 wrote:
boston_e wrote:
steamboat1 wrote:You do know that this is the 3rd consecutive Presidential election that Johnson has been the Libertarian candidate. Wasted vote if you ask me.
I am aware. The previous two elections though, both of the major parties presented us with candidates who, in my opinion were good, honorable, respectable people.

This year neither major party is presenting us with such an option.

Voting for someone you don't like is a wasted vote and I don't like either Hillary or Trump.
I agree with you but which candidate do you dislike more? It's a shame Trump/Hillary is our only choice but Johnson is not going to win so a vote for him is just a waste. I'm voting for the candidate I dislike less out of the candidates with a chance to win just so the candidate I dislike more has less of a chance of winning. Not the best I'd hope for but that's all there is at this point.
Not voting for someone because "he can't win" becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Time to start to change that mentality.

Personally I'm not sure which of the two other clowns I dislike more.
Don't Killington Pico
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Johnson / Weld up to 12% in the most recent CBS / NY Times poll.

Hopefully they can get to 15% and get into the debates.
Don't Killington Pico
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Curious ... which poll do they use as the determining factor for 'debate-qualified' ?
Would love to see a Libertarian debate entry. Getting visibility is job #1.
Holding your nose and voting for these other 2 numbskulls is a 'lose-lose'.

Too bad Pat Paulsen has gone the way of all things. :sad:
Forever .. Goat Path
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

The rules seem a bit vague but I found this article: http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/will-gary ... es-to-win/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It seems to indicate that they have to be at 15% in 5 different national polls.
Don't Killington Pico
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Johnson / Weld up to 13% in a recent CNN poll.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/17/politics/ ... -cnn-poll/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Don't Killington Pico
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

There will be a town hall with Johnson / Weld Wednesday night on CNN
Don't Killington Pico
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

boston_e wrote:There will be a town hall with Johnson / Weld Wednesday night on CNN
This is good - prime time, too. Romney is considering endorsing them. If they get in the debates, it could be interesting. Of course, it will propel Clinton to POTUS unless Trump backs out.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Attachments
13529103_1342295675796931_6183798489032058826_n.jpg
13529103_1342295675796931_6183798489032058826_n.jpg (103.12 KiB) Viewed 689 times
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

If all the Bernie voters vote for Johnson/Weld then the Liar and co-creator of ISIS will lose and it will be between Trump and Johnson/Weld .
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Atomic1 wrote:If all the Bernie voters vote for Johnson/Weld then the Liar and co-creator of ISIS will lose and it will be between Trump and Johnson/Weld .
shhhhhhhhhhh.....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

I'm not sure weather they would draw more voters from Dumph or Shrillary.

They were both previously centerist republicans, but both very popular in their democratic states.

They might draw away voters from both sides depending on what someone considers their most important issues to be.

Or they might not really draw from either, but actually get people who dislike both the major party candidates to actually show up and vote rather than stay home.

I really hope they are able to get into the debates.
Don't Killington Pico
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Johnson had better get going if he wants to be on the debate stage. No recent change in support, not a lot of time left, and there is huge inertia to overcome.
rcp.jpg
rcp.jpg (76.36 KiB) Viewed 664 times
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:Johnson had better get going if he wants to be on the debate stage. No recent change in support, not a lot of time left, and there is huge inertia to overcome.
rcp.jpg
they could always lobby reuters to change their methodology.... :roll:
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Mister Moose wrote:Johnson had better get going if he wants to be on the debate stage. No recent change in support, not a lot of time left, and there is huge inertia to overcome.
rcp.jpg
Agreed, it seemed as if he was starting to poll higher and higher (I saw one poll that had him up to 13%) up until the conventions. The conventions seem to have stalled his momentum.
Don't Killington Pico
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

boston_e wrote:
rcp.jpg
Agreed, it seemed as if he was starting to poll higher and higher (I saw one poll that had him up to 13%) up until the conventions. The conventions seem to have stalled his momentum.
an election will have the same effect... ( stalled)

anyone who knows me knows I am libertarian/utilitarian ( then uh pretty liberal after that if you can imagine) , but third party candidates have zero chance, now if you threw in a bernie and cruz on top of all this the two party system would likely be permanently damaged. likely beyond repairs capable of reinstating it...BUT no way sanders would leave the trough and cruz is a republican even if he;s considered an outsider...had cruz won and trump and bernie ran as third parties then again I think you may have seen the end of the two party system as we know it...I'm not exactly sure how I feel about the demise of a two party system as the down side is a "radical" minority party could gain control w a majority highly opposed...not sure there are any answers, our system was designed to be great but it's been corrupted,subverted and perverted for the last 200+ years to the point that it's only a shell of its former and intended self...how ya strip all that away and get back to the nuts and bolts of the Constitution and a true democratic republic is something I don't have any answers ( or hope ) for...

hillary has been caught red handed blatantly lying, doubling down on lying, colluding to fix the primary among a host of other things all centric to her... no way I want her in there... Trump may be a lot of things but running for president to be a money grubber ain't one of em....read his platform, it's pretty centrist/liberal ( not much progressive in there thankfully) he either sticks to that platform and his pledge to work with congress the way things are supposed to be done ( which is what he said he would do)or he gets zero support from either side of the aisle and is a one and done lame duck from day one...

ALL of that is light years better than anything hillary has to offer...
mach es sehr schnell