Home Run Derby

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
Bubba
Site Admin

Home Run Derby

Post by Bubba »

Is there anyone who doesn't believe the balls are juiced?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
shortski
Site Admin

Re: Home Run Derby

Post by shortski »

Bubba wrote:Is there anyone who doesn't believe the balls are juiced?
If they are, they're juiced for everyone. So at this point what does it matter.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

I don't think they are ... if they were, why did Rawlings take issue juicing balls for the NCAA derby?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

shortski wrote:
I'm not saying it matters in terms of the competition. I'm just saying that these guys don't consistently hit these kinds of distances on every ball even in batting practice.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Bubba wrote:
shortski wrote:
I'm not saying it matters in terms of the competition. I'm just saying that these guys don't consistently hit these kinds of distances on every ball even in batting practice.
I haven't been to enough batting professional batting practices to say one way or the other. I know, during my days playing ball, batting practice was primarily to loosen up before the game or focus on one aspect of you game ... hitting the other direction, bunting, etc. I think swinging like they do last night takes a lot of juice out of those guys and doing that each day before a 3 hour game in the summer wouldn't be smart. $.02
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

It could be that the bats are juiced too ! They probably get them from the same place that Bucky Dent did back in the day !
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

shortski wrote:
Precisely !

Giancarlo using Bobby Bond's bat is suspect.

Yankees Suck :lol:
Forever .. Goat Path
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Atomic1 wrote:It could be that the bats are juiced too ! They probably get them from the same place that Bucky Dent did back in the day !

:lol: I knew I could count on you. By the way, where does payroll enter into this?

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Bubba wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:It could be that the bats are juiced too ! They probably get them from the same place that Bucky Dent did back in the day !

:lol: I knew I could count on you. By the way, where does payroll enter into this?
It's coming. You don't know where, and you don't know when, and you don't know how, and you don't know why, but YOU DO know it's coming. You just do.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

junior wrote:
Bubba wrote:

It's coming. You don't know where, and you don't know when, and you don't know how, and you don't know why, but YOU DO know it's coming. You just do.
Yankee front office stated they are working to get under the cap to help save money. What will poor Atomic1 rant about if his beloved Yankees no longer have the highest Salary payment in the league? I know, Milk Shakes.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Dr. NO wrote:
junior wrote:
Bubba wrote:

Yankee front office stated they are working to get under the cap to help save money. What will poor Atomic1 rant about if his beloved Yankees no longer have the highest Salary payment in the league? I know, Milk Shakes.
they already don't have the highest payroll in mlb and as far as shakes go, i believe the king of the milk shakes is on his team.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

home run derby hitters are highly reliant on their "pitcher" to lob up the meatballs... if only they could have cloned tim wakefield...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

madhatter wrote:home run derby hitters are highly reliant on their "pitcher" to lob up the meatballs... if only they could have cloned tim wakefield...
No. One of him was enough....
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

junior wrote:
Bubba wrote:

In the new Theo Epstein post ^ we can talk about " PAYROLL " ! Being that was one of his responsibilities and he is obviously the BEST at his trade ! It must be his IRISH heritage ...yes ?

Yanks have the HIGHEST Payroll in the American League NOT the entire MLB.

http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :seeya