Tree work

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Seacoaster
Bumper

Tree work

Post by Seacoaster »

So we made the move and have moved to Killington as full time residents. Does anyone know a local individual who is a tree climber? I need to trees limned up to open open our view a bit, Im not looking to drop trees(i can do that), looking for a climber. Thank you in advance.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: Tree work

Post by Mister Moose »

If you're comfortable with a chain saw the other option is to rent a rough terrain man lift. Very handy.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Seacoaster wrote:So we made the move and have moved to Killington as full time residents. Does anyone know a local individual who is a tree climber? I need to trees limned up to open open our view a bit, Im not looking to drop trees(i can do that), looking for a climber. Thank you in advance.
Where'd you move to in town?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

creeper might do that work depending on how close to a house it is...look him up...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
charley
Beginner On Rentals

Post by charley »

Try Gary Chimerane, ski instructor, was a tree man in Mass and still at it. Lives up 100
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

Mister Moose wrote:If you're comfortable with a chain saw the other option is to rent a rough terrain man lift. Very handy.
Seriously? Why would you go to that expense and effort when you could pay some local dude less money to get it done. What a stupid post.
E O Eleven
Black Carver

Post by E O Eleven »

:zzz
Last edited by E O Eleven on Feb 3rd, '23, 14:29, edited 2 times in total.
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

Mister Moose wrote:If you're comfortable with a chain saw the other option is to rent a rough terrain man lift. Very handy.
I am, but the lift is just not an option with the grade.
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

Bubba wrote:
Seacoaster wrote:So we made the move and have moved to Killington as full time residents. Does anyone know a local individual who is a tree climber? I need to trees limned up to open open our view a bit, Im not looking to drop trees(i can do that), looking for a climber. Thank you in advance.
We are on the corner of Rim and Booth road. Walk to the trail on POW days!
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

madhatter wrote:creeper might do that work depending on how close to a house it is...look him up...
These are all away and down slope, not dropping trees, climbing and limbing only. Although, MA nature did us a small favor yesterday AM! OK, so Creeper, how do I track him down on here, I have figured all of the features out yet.
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

charley wrote:Try Gary Chimerane, ski instructor, was a tree man in Mass and still at it. Lives up 100
Thank you, how do I get a hold of Gary? TY
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Seacoaster wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Walk? On a powder day from there you could probably ski down Booth on the way out and ski down Rim on the way home. Did you buy the post and beam house on the left side of Booth (coming off Rim) that has around 4 acres?

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

Bubba wrote:
Seacoaster wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Walk? On a powder day from there you could probably ski down Booth on the way out and ski down Rim on the way home. Did you buy the post and beam house on the left side of Booth (coming off Rim) that has around 4 acres?
There is quite a flat at the bottom of booth Road, but I had thought the same thing myself. Either way, we will surely figure out a solid drop in :lol: As for house, we are bought the gray cape it is technically on Rim Road, although our lot extends down the booth road for the first 200 feet. If you overshot Booth road by 20 feet you would be at our driveway. We are superstoked and hear that we will get plenty of entertainment from the flat lander's who rent the surrounding houses as they often put it in the ditch late night.......
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Seacoaster wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Seacoaster wrote:
Bubba wrote:
There is quite a flat at the bottom of booth Road, but I had thought the same thing myself. Either way, we will surely figure out a solid drop in :lol: As for house, we are bought the gray cape it is technically on Rim Road, although our lot extends down the booth road for the first 200 feet. If you overshot Booth road by 20 feet you would be at our driveway. We are superstoked and hear that we will get plenty of entertainment from the flat lander's who rent the surrounding houses as they often put it in the ditch late night.......
The folks who owned the post & beam had a couple of ATVs to drive down Booth to Great Eastern and/or Home Stretch. As for the entertainment, I've heard similar stories so make sure the plows pile up a barrier between the road and your house.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

ndscaper
Green Skidder

Post by ndscaper »

Gary Chimerane 746-8065

Creeper Construction Corp
1179 S Hill Rd, Stockbridge, VT 05772
(802) 342-0036