tuesday afternoon opening ...

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

tuesday afternoon opening ...

Post by skiadikt »

The Beast is still planning to kick off its 2016-17 ski and snowboard season on Tuesday, October 25, though actual temperatures have not dropped at the forecasted rate, leaving our snowmakers hamstrung to a degree.

Fret not, as we are closely monitoring the weather and are doing everything possible to get our loyal passholders on snow, striving for an afternoon opening tomorrow.

We encourage you to check back here when you wake up, and spend your morning leisurely. Well offer free coffee and hot chocolate all day on site, plus free lunch at K-1 Caf beginning at 11:00 a.m., and at the Peak Lodge and North Ridge Dog Sled after opening.

Any on-snow turns made Tuesday will be dedicated exclusively to Season Pass and Express Card holders and the resort will open to the general public on Wednesday, October 26 at 9:00 a.m.

With any luck, we plan to ski and snowboard on our Rime and Reason trails Tuesday afternoon, and the Killington Parks crew expects to have several features set up in the Reason Park for Wednesday mornings public opening.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Re: tuesday afternoon opening ...

Post by SnoBrdr »

skiadikt wrote:The Beast is still planning to kick off its 2016-17 ski and snowboard season on Tuesday, October 25, though actual temperatures have not dropped at the forecasted rate, leaving our snowmakers hamstrung to a degree.

Fret not, as we are closely monitoring the weather and are doing everything possible to get our loyal passholders on snow, striving for an afternoon opening tomorrow.

We encourage you to check back here when you wake up, and spend your morning leisurely. Well offer free coffee and hot chocolate all day on site, plus free lunch at K-1 Caf beginning at 11:00 a.m., and at the Peak Lodge and North Ridge Dog Sled after opening.

Any on-snow turns made Tuesday will be dedicated exclusively to Season Pass and Express Card holders and the resort will open to the general public on Wednesday, October 26 at 9:00 a.m.

With any luck, we plan to ski and snowboard on our Rime and Reason trails Tuesday afternoon, and the Killington Parks crew expects to have several features set up in the Reason Park for Wednesday mornings public opening.
Last edited by SnoBrdr on Oct 24th, '16, 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

The e-mail I just received said "sometime Tuesday afternoon is the earliest we hope to open. There is a slim chance, in fact, that we will not open until sometime Wednesday."

Keeping us on our seats :?
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

Are you puzzled why SnoBrdr quotes a post and then never adds anything? I am.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

must be very marginal production. i've seen years where they've opened rime after 16 hrs of snomaking.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

PinnacleJim wrote:Are you puzzled why SnoBrdr quotes a post and then never adds anything? I am.
I deleted my comment.

For some reason it wouldn't let me delete the post itself.

Satisfied?
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Rough times for Killiington . . . sat with some of the 'big' boys at Prestons . . . they are doing the best they can . . . we came up and hoping for at least a "run" before we have to drive back for my flight early Wednesday - we cannot wait until Wednesday :cry: :P 8)
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

MrsG wrote:Rough times for Killiington . . . sat with some of the 'big' boys at Prestons . . . they are doing the best they can . . . we came up and hoping for at least a "run" before we have to drive back for my flight early Wednesday - we cannot wait until Wednesday :cry: :P 8)
You got tickets for the Cub's game ? NICE !
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

As Mrs.G already stated, Jeff Temple told us that the temperature did not drop as expected and they are watching temperatures closely and hope to be back snowmaking as soon as possible. They are hoping to open by tomorrow afternoon. However that could change if the temperature and humidity do not cooperate. In that case the opening will be Wednesday for passholders and the general public and then I will miss it as I have to be back home on Wednesday because of a commitment.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Maybe they should wait until Thursday, you know, just to be sure there'll be enough snow.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

Kind of stupid if they can't stay on schedule as advertised. The access road has been plowed for the first time of the season. The trails are all white. Wtf?
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

MrsG wrote:Rough times for Killiington . . . sat with some of the 'big' boys at Prestons . . . they are doing the best they can . . . we came up and hoping for at least a "run" before we have to drive back for my flight early Wednesday - we cannot wait until Wednesday :cry: :P 8)
Why is management out whooping it up at prestons? The mountain isn't open yet? Now a delay. Shame .Shame! People rearranged their schedules to be here. And now this? A solid disappointment.
Spyderman
Bumper

Post by Spyderman »

ANGUS

Quick suggestion...... please lighten up a bit. The weather has changed and the resort need a little more time to ensure a terrific snow surface of their core loyal pass holders. While many are disappointed with the potential delay, it's clearl not the Mountain Ops teams fault. These folks are very dedicated and always go the extra mile.

We'll be skiing very soon! Thanks for taking this in the spirit it's intended to not blame the terrific Killington team.
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

32 degrees at 2200'. It sounds like the guns are blowing. I really, really hope I didn't waste a day off and come up for nothing.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

ANGUS wrote:
Why is management out whooping it up at prestons? The mountain isn't open yet? Now a delay. Shame .Shame! People rearranged their schedules to be here. And now this? A solid disappointment.
Would not call it 'out whooping it up' ... maybe consider they were having a quick meal before heading back to the mountain to determine the best possible safe opening for their customer!! Mother Nature brings our beautiful fall colors, but can tease with the early snow, only to take the temps away too quickly:(