tuesday afternoon opening ...

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: tuesday afternoon opening ...

Post by madhatter »

live video from K's FB page looked pretty good, I just don't have that much interest til its top to bottom...Good on everyone who got out though...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
skii3r_
Beginner On Rentals

Post by skii3r_ »

Happy 2016 Season, everyone!

As tempting as it was to hit the slopes today... foolishly just completed basework and edging yesterday -- even did some work on the the rock skis. That's my excuse, albeit a rather lame one. The real reason is not wanting to walk from K1 peak to the start of Rime (at least that's what it seemed like?). :cool

To those of you who made it out today, how was it? Beginning to regret my laziness already... :smash
(:
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

RENO wrote:Finally turned the peak cam around. Nice view! http://www.killington.com/site/mountain ... /golf.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They need to adjust it slightly to the left. The roof on that little shack that was in the cam picture last year was a good way to see how much snow was accumulating during storms. It's not in the picture now.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

madhatter wrote:live video from K's FB page looked pretty good, I just don't have that much interest til its top to bottom...Good on everyone who got out though...
Same here. I have no interest in doing the stairs. Yes I'm lazy.
Snowboardgod
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Snowboardgod »

Coverage was better then I was expecting. Guns and snow were wetter as your approached the lift on north ridge. Lots of goggle wiping per usual. But it was well worth the trip to get back on snow and make a few soft turns. Guns still roaring, several fans running on lower superstar as well as the fan on mousetrap which I really don't understand.

Well worth the hike for the free day one hat and free lunch, which was half decent at the peak lodge. Tomorrow will be a mess unless they really pump it out tonight. We were some of the first up and it was down to the ground in a couple spots after our 3rd run. Great time thought!
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Looks frosty like day one last year
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (79.74 KiB) Viewed 746 times
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

BoozeTan wrote:
RENO wrote:Finally turned the peak cam around. Nice view! http://www.killington.com/site/mountain ... /golf.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
when I first looked at the pic I was like when did they install that big water tower at the top of snowdon.....
:lol:
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

madhatter wrote:live video from K's FB page looked pretty good, I just don't have that much interest til its top to bottom...Good on everyone who got out though...
I usually wait until top to bottom also. Last year I happened to be up there the week they opened because I was unemployed so figured I'd check it out.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Ahhhh .. Slaying the Gnar on Opening Day :like

Appears .. the only ones that don't like K3000s are those Glade hemlocks. :lol:
All that other apparatus just don't have the juice. :dislike

Any activity up on the boomerang :ear

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

steamboat1 wrote:
Butt the Beer and Cocktails are good at the Peak, and how did you pass up FREE lunch and coffee and cocoa?
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

RustyK wrote:Looks frosty like day one last year
I thought it was better this season . . . the snow that got on goggles wiped off with a swipe - did not freeze - thought the visibility was better too!!

Hey, who's that cutie in your pic :mrgreen:
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

steamboat1 wrote:
Think of it as saving you money. You don't have to pay the doctor to give you and monitor your heart, blood pressure, heart rate and all that, all for the price of a trip up the stairs. So Far, I passed, but it is becoming more difficult.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

For those that chose to stay home, I'm sorry. You missed a great day. The snow was surprisingly good baring the few wet guns that made the snow sticky. But a good coat of wax plowed right through it. Even the short bump line was creamy. 1st few runs on skiers left under the guns were freshies which I chewed up with extreme predudice. Ripped it up and I want more.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Dr. NO wrote:Butt the Beer and Cocktails are good at the Peak, and how did you pass up FREE lunch and coffee and cocoa?
Plenty of time for beer & cocktails, don't do coffee & cocoa, so I missed a burger.. :yawn
Dr. NO wrote:Think of it as saving you money. You don't have to pay the doctor to give you and monitor your heart, blood pressure, heart rate and all that, all for the price of a trip up the stairs. So Far, I passed, but it is becoming more difficult.
Doctor, what's a doctor?
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

That's me hiking down in front of Merisa.