Current Weather at 2200' . . .

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: Current Weather at 2200' . . .

Post by Highway Star »

Are palm trees sprouting in Killington Basin???
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Snowing and sticking .... Ground covered, and pickup out the window would definitely have to clean off before driving :wink: :D 8)
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

MrsG wrote:Snowing and sticking .... Ground covered, and pickup out the window would definitely have to clean off before driving :wink: :D 8)
Woo hoo!

You guys in on leasing a garage space in Bldg 3? $1,200-$1,350/yr for indoor parking... Seems steep to me ($25/day for weekenders during ski season). Better deal for full timers.
ImageImageImageImage
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

Stormchaser wrote:
MrsG wrote:Snowing and sticking .... Ground covered, and pickup out the window would definitely have to clean off before driving :wink: :D 8)
Woo hoo!

You guys in on leasing a garage space in Bldg 3? $1,200-$1,350/yr for indoor parking... Seems steep to me ($25/day for weekenders during ski season). Better deal for full timers.
Square footage? I might be in. How many Subarus can you fit in there? I'm not good at math.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Humpty Dumpty wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
Woo hoo!

Square footage? I might be in. How many Subarus can you fit in there? I'm not good at math.
With or without lube?
ImageImageImageImage
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Couple of inches of snow at my house across from Pico. Hearing road conditions suck.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Bubba wrote:Couple of inches of snow at my house across from Pico. Hearing road conditions suck.
wondering if something's happened a the pass. my friend's been not moving on rt 100S around the grey bonnet for well over an hour.
Last edited by skiadikt on Nov 9th, '18, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
JohnAdam
Blue Chatterbox

Post by JohnAdam »

Route 100 south near Gifford Woods was at a standstill around 6:20.
Didn't see any northbound traffic. Joined many other southbound drivers that turned around and headed north to home.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

5” on my deck now. There are definitely FB reports of problems at Sherbourne Pass. Closed? Possibly. IDK.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

I came over the pass at 8pm. Slush started at Cortina. A mile later it's snowpack, 2 fire engines, 4 police cars and the road's closed. After it opened, I saw one car seriously in the ditch below Long Trail, and one just slid off the road on the other side. Seems like they weren't ready for it, no salt on the road.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Mister Moose wrote:I came over the pass at 8pm. Slush started at Cortina. A mile later it's snowpack, 2 fire engines, 4 police cars and the road's closed. After it opened, I saw one car seriously in the ditch below Long Trail, and one just slid off the road on the other side. Seems like they weren't ready for it, no salt on the road.
it's really hard to believe they don't do a better job maintaining it. a plow should be running up & down the thing and they should be dumping salt on it. this weather was not a surprise.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

I also heard that a tree went down in the area that was causing problems.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

2018-11-09 22.34.40.jpg
2018-11-09 22.34.40.jpg (246.11 KiB) Viewed 692 times
Near 3rd buckle deep at Moose Manor.
Now where did I put those K2 Pontoons......
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

11:00 PM news is reporting Killington with 5.5", the most reported anywhere in the region.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

32 degrees, snowing lightly, two inches overnight!