Current Weather at 2200' . . .

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Re: Current Weather at 2200' . . .

Post by PinnacleJim »

Captain Hafski wrote: Back to the topic. Aside from the "3 inch net gain", did it or did it not r*in before; I am pretty sure it did. Also, how warm was it up there through the day? We were in the low 40s in Saratoga.

Just sayin, with the freeze last night I suspect we will see the real impact today.
Well you're wrong. Maybe a mix in the evening on Tuesday before it went to all snow, but that's it. And temps were at freezing or below all day Wednesday. Temps were in low-mid 20s at the summit.

K got lucky on this one. Not sure why you feel the need to be negative when you aren't even here.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Captain Hafski wrote:Wow. How quickly these posts go South.

Back to the topic. Aside from the "3 inch net gain", did it or did it not r*in before; I am pretty sure it did. Also, how warm was it up there through the day? We were in the low 40s in Saratoga.

Just sayin, with the freeze last night I suspect we will see the real impact today.
my friend's kid is a snowmaker and was on the mtn all night, said at worst, it was a mix but was mostly snow. obviously it was on the wet, heavy side and might firm up a bit but with the mtn opening another dozen nats, it was probably better than blower. wish i was there to enjoy.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

PinnacleJim wrote:
Captain Hafski wrote: Back to the topic. Aside from the "3 inch net gain", did it or did it not r*in before; I am pretty sure it did. Also, how warm was it up there through the day? We were in the low 40s in Saratoga.

Well you're wrong. Maybe a mix in the evening on Tuesday before it went to all snow, but that's it. And temps were at freezing or below all day Wednesday. Temps were in low-mid 20s at the summit.

K got lucky on this one. Not sure why you feel the need to be negative when you aren't even here.
Just asking those that were up here. Great to hear it's better than I expected.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Currently snowing pretty good. If it continues all night, then tomorrow might be a powder day.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

14.2 degrees, flurries, very little wind and it did snow several inches last night :mrgreen:
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Should be better than expected today and tomorrow!

Conditions Report

Killington / The Mountain / Conditions / Conditions Report

Friday, January 06, 2017

5:45 am 01/06/17--Sorry for the short notice, skiers and riders but last night's "dusting" of fresh snow turned into 4 inches! Soft turns for all this morning at The Beast.

If last night's forecast for summit temperatures from 2-6 degrees sounded wonderful to you, you might be a snowmaker. Despite the obvious drawbacks of being outside overnight in near-zero degree weather, snowmakers love single digit temperatures because they make the available air in the system go further, and more air means more snowguns. With ideal weather in the forecast through the weekend, Killington snowmakers will be running hard to take advantage of the extra capacity
Where is Happy Hour ?
E O Eleven
Black Carver

Post by E O Eleven »

:zzz
Last edited by E O Eleven on Nov 17th, '22, 11:04, edited 2 times in total.
eagle628
Green Skidder

Post by eagle628 »

RustyK wrote:
If last night's forecast for summit temperatures from 2-6 degrees sounded wonderful to you, you might be a snowmaker. Despite the obvious drawbacks of being outside overnight in near-zero degree weather, snowmakers love single digit temperatures because they make the available air in the system go further, and more air means more snowguns. With ideal weather in the forecast through the weekend, Killington snowmakers will be running hard to take advantage of the extra capacity
Are these the same people that promised Double Dipper and Downdraft for New Year's Eve?
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Not pretty . . . first pic just taken - sun one taken two days ago . . . bummer :sad: . . . drizzling now, but not heavy ncp :sad:
Attachments
Treetoday.JPG
Treetoday.JPG (39.36 KiB) Viewed 781 times
Treesunrise.jpg
Treesunrise.jpg (37.87 KiB) Viewed 781 times
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

MrsG wrote:Not pretty . . . first pic just taken - sun one taken two days ago . . . bummer :sad: . . . drizzling now, but not heavy ncp :sad:
sad, so sad...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Ugh... this might be a weekend to stay in the flatlands.
Don't Killington Pico
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Radar the last 15 minutes is not very pretty.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Meh... winter in New England. BTDT. Killington will have the best skiing on the East coast this weekend.
I
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Above normal temperatures were indicated without snow for a good long stretch, perhaps next 10 day to 15 days into late January. Weather pattern at large undergoes higher latitude blocking forcing changes with ridging out west and eastern U.S. especially NE/New England becomes stormy/snowy and active end of January into middle February – our turn.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Fear Nada. :like
Will bring back some luscious dendrites from Cascadia.
These PNW dweebs are like totes wimpy. :lol:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path