Trump Presidency

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
freeski
Post Office

Re: Trump Presidency

Post by freeski »

Great speech, now he needs congress to cooperate. Obama had words when he had the teleprompter feeding them to him. So he could make sure he didn't offend anyone. Take the tele from Obama and he was a bumbling idiot. Trump knows what he believes in and it's refreshing. Pelosi needs to learn to go to the little girls room before long events. The holding a poop in face is very unbecoming of her. :D
I can feel America becoming greater. :like

Cankle is bad and not the President. :like Cankle lost... :banana:
Obama $60,000,000 book deal. :shock: Hey that's Cankle's $ :ani_smiles:
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

It was a decent speech because We saw "Teleprompter Trump" last night.... And he too often sounds like a bumbling idiot when off the Teleprompter.
Don't Killington Pico
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

We continue to see why Gump is not a fan of SNL.
Al Franken honed his game there. :like
Sessions is as good as ended.
Smells like perjury.

Gump complains he can't get a cabinet in place. :roll:
Those getting confirmed are total assclowns. :sad:

Who's next ?

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

brownman wrote:We continue to see why Gump is not a fan of SNL.
Al Franken honed his game there. :like
Sessions is as good as ended.
Smells like perjury.

Gump complains he can't get a cabinet in place. :roll:
Those getting confirmed are total assclowns. :sad:

Who's next ?

You're watching CNN.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

freeski wrote:You're watching CNN.
It doesn't take a genius to read the transcript and make your own independent assessment/conclusion. His answer is misleading at best. Perjury, I don't think so. Maybe Mr Franken should learn to ask questions in a way which solicit more transparency.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Misleading doesn't quite capture the tone of many of Sessions responses.
Having seen Franken's questioning of Sessions during the confirmation hearing, it was clear he was onto something.
He asked for additional time for clarification questioning. We now see some of what they were concerned about.

The AG of this nation should be able to tell the truth.
Even people here in BloodRed Wyoming know that. :lol:

Forever .. Goat Path
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

CNN was the only one reporting it at that point. I watch CNN when there is breaking news.
Looks like Sessions has to go. You can't lie to Congress. Especially AG... :shock:

It is important to note: In Obama's last two months he signed an order to distribute classified info to more departments. (That's simplifying it) What this does is makes it harder to identify leaks. Is the info coming from the CIA/NSA? It looks like part of the Obama leftovers are actively trying to bring down the government.

Also, Valerie Jarrett is living with Obama in DC :!: So what does that mean :?: Saw a report yesterday from someone close to Obama that saying he is actively trying to impeach/ get Trump to resign. Treason
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

brownman wrote:Misleading doesn't quite capture the tone of many of Sessions responses.
Having seen Franken's questioning of Sessions during the confirmation hearing, it was clear he was onto something.
He asked for additional time for clarification questioning. We now see some of what they were concerned about.

The AG of this nation should be able to tell the truth.
Even people here in BloodRed Wyoming know that. :lol:

I don't blame anyone, on either side of the aisle, for only answering questions asked. If you were being audited by the IRS, would you be fully transparent and provide more information than being asked of you? I would only address the questions being asked, nothing more.

Sessions was asked about communications between Russia and the Trump campaign. He was not asked about meetings he took as a senator as part of the Armed Services Committee.
Last edited by XtremeJibber2001 on Mar 2nd, '17, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Looking back at the political climate when Sessions was being questioned the democrats were trying to say the Russians were working with the Trump campaign to beat Cankle. So, it would make sense that Sessions answered the question in that light. He was saying: No, I did not meet with the Russians for the Trump campaign...
Very troubling were these leaks are coming from. Leaked directly to Washington Post :?: Is Obama behind this :?: He ordered Russian intelligence be retained. Slippery snake Obama could get caught this time.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

freeski wrote:CNN was the only one reporting it at that point. I watch CNN when there is breaking news.
Looks like Sessions has to go. You can't lie to Congress. Especially AG... :shock:

It is important to note: In Obama's last two months he signed an order to distribute classified info to more departments. (That's simplifying it) What this does is makes it harder to identify leaks. Is the info coming from the CIA/NSA? It looks like part of the Obama leftovers are actively trying to bring down the government.

Also, Valerie Jarrett is living with Obama in DC :!: So what does that mean :?: Saw a report yesterday from someone close to Obama that saying he is actively trying to impeach/ get Trump to resign. Treason
Are you sure it's not Bush's fault? :roll:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Bubba wrote:
freeski wrote:CNN was the only one reporting it at that point. I watch CNN when there is breaking news.

Good point, with all that's going on that's what you've got. Fess up you voted Cankle. :-)
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

freeski wrote:
Bubba wrote:

Good point, with all that's going on that's what you've got. Fess up you voted Cankle. :-)
Not on your life. Obama supporters spent eight years blaming Bush. Trump supporters will be spending the next four or eight years blaming Obama.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

For now Sessions is going to recuse himself from the Russian investigations which seems to be the right thing to do. If more comes out of this, he may very well have to go / resign entirely, but I'm holding of judgement on that part for now although the optics are pretty bad.
Don't Killington Pico
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

boston_e wrote:
For now Sessions is going to recuse himself from the Russian investigations which seems to be the right thing to do. If more comes out of this, he may very well have to go / resign entirely, but I'm holding of judgement on that part for now although the optics are pretty bad.
bad like meeting w the AG in private on an airplane during an active DOJ investigation? or bad like "oooh I hate that orange cheeto guy"?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

madhatter wrote:
boston_e wrote:
bad like meeting w the AG in private on an airplane during an active DOJ investigation? or bad like "oooh I hate that orange cheeto guy"?
Well you know that I hate that orange cheeto guy! :lol: But he did say under oath that he had no communications with the Russians (which is not really true)... although given the context of the discussions, with the information that we have now, I think it is reasonable to assume he meant "he did not have communications about the campaign" (So I don't think that he needs to resign at this point)

If the shoe were on the other foot and Shrillary had somehow won, and this was her AG, the right wing news medias would be going bonkers over it.

If the optics were not bad on this, the right would not be in damage control mode, which they seem to be in based on the interviews I have heard.
Don't Killington Pico