Trump Presidency

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Trump Presidency

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:Trump really kicked ass in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin didn't he? Probably be an easy sweep for him again in 2020 with the great, bigly job he's done so far right?

I wouldn't be so over confident hatter. At the rate Trump is going he's likely to face significant challenges within his own party like Ford in 76 and Carter in 1980. Remind me again how the reelection bid turned out for those two?
keep us posted.... :zzz
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Yep,

Keep sleeping. How long until Kelly, McMaster and Tillerson are out? Do they make it to 2018?

How about Trump's tax plan? When are we going to see that passed?

Bigly America first trade deals on the way?

When is Mexico going to start paying for that big, beautiful wall?
Guy in Shorts

Post by Guy in Shorts »

The freshman follies are providing tons of late night comic material. Many seem to be rooting for a horrific crash. My money is betting on success for Our Commander and Chief. I still believe in the Oath of Enlistment that I stated back in 1977. We have a freedom fighter in charge against the elite political establishment. History loves the underdog freedom fighter triumph story.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:Yep,

Keep sleeping. How long until Kelly, McMaster and Tillerson are out? Do they make it to 2018?do I care? no...

How about Trump's tax plan? When are we going to see that passed?I'm gonna guess never...he'll never get a single D vote on anything,
and the R's are no the hive minded group think party that the D's are...( and I'm glad they're not)what we don't hear are the endless cries for "more taxes"
and the "rich" to "pay their fair share" ( I'm good w that too)

Bigly America first trade deals on the way?TPP gone NAFTA in negotiations....http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/20/news/ec ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When is Mexico going to start paying for that big, beautiful wall?seems like trumps mere words have resolved the issue quite nicely thus far...
when are you going to stop being an ignorant ideologue A: never of course...as long as the alternative is liz warren, kamala harris, keith ellison etc there's just no there, there...

remind me again about all those rape convictions, impeachment hearings, russian collusion arrests etc...the left and MSM did the same thing to romney, women in binders, he gave a woman cancer and killed her, the 80's want their foreign policy back, bain capital etc etc etc...EVERY "narrative" from the left is steeped in ideological fantasy...romney rolled over like wuss...trump won't...

your entire narrative is delusional and you've gotten yer @ss handed to you numerous times over it, you simply ignore and move on to the next imaginary outrage...ignorance and oblivia are certainly your strongest character attributes, followed closely by angry obnoxious @sshole...I'm sure your political influence reaches far and wide converting the masses... :roll:

bored to death with your daily attempts to renegotiate the election, you lost, you don't get to pick an alternative to the winner, there are no consolation prizes...win an election if ya can... next opportunity is in a little over a year...let's hear yer delusional fantasy predictions...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Guy in Shorts wrote:We have a freedom fighter in charge against the elite political establishment.
Lol for believing that
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

madhatter wrote:. next opportunity is in a little over a year...let's hear yer delusional fantasy predictions...
That's an easy one. It doesn't matter. Because apparently even when the Republicans have all the power, they can't get sh*t done.

Let us know when they come up with Healthcare and tax reform that passes. How many years have they had to figure it out?

Spare me the "group think" excuse. It's called a unifying plan and leadership. That's what people are elected to do. Reach consensus that best benefits the country. Thus far in this term it hasn't happened. Thankfully for them they are riding a solid economic wave started by the previous administration.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:. next opportunity is in a little over a year...let's hear yer delusional fantasy predictions...
That's an easy one. It doesn't matter. Because apparently even when the Republicans have all the power, they can't get sh*t done. then wtf are you incessantly whining about? seems to me nothign except you wanted what you wanted and are all butthurt ya didn't get it...but it sure sounds like you already conceding...

Let us know when they come up with Healthcare ya can't buff the stink off a pile of sh*t...that's why it was so many vehemently opposed, it was a pandoras box, by design.... http://theridgewoodblog.net/vermont-att ... obamacare/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;and tax reform that passes. How many years have they had to figure it out?what's yer congressman doing to further it? start there w yer beef...again i don't care about either really...HC isn't a gov obligation and taxes are inevitable , again the incessant cries for more fair share have been silenced...I'm good w that...if yer not you need to talk to your congressman and ask what they aren't working on this...

Spare me the "group think" excuse.you exemplify the term groupthink in every post you make... It's called a unifying plan and leadership. That's what people are elected to do. then maybe you should be actively trying to stop the incessant obstruction of it instead of piling on the stupidest of stupid accusations at every chance in an effort to delegitimize the duly elected president and congress...Reach consensus that best benefits the country.but of course this isn't your goal at all, your goal is to impose upon everyone your ideas as to what best benefits the country and eliminate the opposition...e.g. kasich...no one wanted him but you...the country elected who they best thought could get the job done so get the fvck outta the way and let em do it... Thus far in this term lifetimeit hasn't happened. Thankfully for them they are riding a solid economic wave started by the previous administration.
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Um,

Did the Republicans not try and obstruct Obama at every turn?

This isn't just a "left" thing. Now your guy is facing road blocks from not just the left, but from his own party.

There's one promise Trump is delivering on. He's certainly on track to uniting the country...... against him.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:Um,

Did the Republicans not try and obstruct Obama at every turn? only after the ACA passed and he told mccain "I won"... and much more so after the IRS, Benghazi and NSA spying, BLM, cops acted stupidly, hands up don;t shoot, if I had a son etc scandals...the power grab was obvious...pretty sure prior to that he had great support from both sides starting with his historic 2008 win...but he overplayed his hand hoping for a permanent power grab for the left that would cement his legacy in the soon to be revised annals of history...he had enough people behind him to do great things and bring even more people on board, instead he tried to divide off a winning coalition and render the opposition powerless and irrelevant...he didn't run on a black latino and LGBT vs white america platform, he ran as everyone is welcome under the tent, but he pivoted to a policy that abandoned any notion of that almost immediately... bringing everyone under the tent doesn't mean throwing out those who are already there....

This isn't just a "left" thing. Now your guy is facing road blocks from not just the left, but from his own party.it's not his "own party" it never was...I'm good w that too...he's changed the base and eventually the party...time for the D's to do the same...most of us aren't for identity politics, but when you become the target of them you have to do some identifying of your own in order to fight back...

There's one promise Trump is delivering on. He's certainly on track to uniting the country...... against him.
how outta touch w reality do have to be to believe that? go read the comments from the VERY liberal atlantic article I posted...people are moving away from the politics you espouse because of their anything but liberal stance...trump has more to offer them simply by doing nothing vs what yer trying to push...

some more comments from self proclaimed classic liberla atalnatic readers...
As divided as our country already is, how does turning the eclipse into a
racial division thing help? How about some articles uniting us? How
about some articles bringing the country together? People say that
Trump is dividing us, yet here is The Atlantic turning a solar eclipse
into racial strife, tenuously, over things that happened before Trump
was even born. Why must everything be used to divide this country based
on identity politics? Why is the importance of our membership in
tribal groups like race and gender always placed over everything else?
•Reply•Share ›
Mark solly • a day ago
This is their plan it's so obvious and people like this who are clearly part of the shrieking hive of retardation end up doing their bidding and are too stupid to even know they are puppets and should be heavily medicated for everyone's saftey.
•Reply•Share ›
Fadd Sticks solly • 18 hours ago
People that are divided are easier to control
•Reply•Share ›
Texas Tornado solly • 21 hours ago
Because they cannot win an election without 85% or more of the black vote. Hispanics turn right and white the longer they are here. See Texas and Arizona. Because they work hard.

If Trump were to succeed and win 20% of the black vote, they would lose FL, VA, NC, PA, WI, MI, OH, IL, and not be within 25 points in any southern state or Texas.

The minorities must be kept dumb, and above all else - POOR.
I concur w most of this and further it seems when I am about and about with more liberal leaning members of Kzone we seems to also find a lot more common ground than skis and beer...in fact there seems to be a lot more we like about each other than not...I tend to assume most of the country is like that...until I see the shrieking hives of retardation finding strife in any and everything...things as petty as how much ice cream trump eats...honestly if you really want any kind of "unity" you first need to realize it will never be achieved by totalitarianism...thus far you've professed and absolute refusal...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Did the Republicans not try and obstruct Obama at every turn?
I already answered this above but the the biggest difference is that there was virtually none of this:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-2 ... ly-tonight" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nor ANY of the preceding riots and violence we've seen...nor the insane barrage of attacks from hollywood and the MSM...criticism and legitimate disagreement are part of the process....I'm not OK w any of that....

the left is shutting itself out of the process as are some of the establishment right...I'm not too upset about this...less is more...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

posted this on nov 12, still applies...

mach es sehr schnell

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:

Did the Republicans not try and obstruct Obama at every turn? only after the ACA passed and he told mccain "I won"... and much more so after the IRS, Benghazi and NSA spying, BLM, cops acted stupidly, hands up don;t shoot, if I had a son etc scandals...the power grab was obvious...pretty sure prior to that he had great support from both sides starting with his historic 2008 win...but he overplayed his hand hoping for a permanent power grab for the left that would cement his legacy in the soon to be revised annals of history...he had enough people behind him to do great things and bring even more people on board, instead he tried to divide off a winning coalition and render the opposition powerless and irrelevant...he didn't run on a black latino and LGBT vs white america platform, he ran as everyone is welcome under the tent, but he pivoted to a policy that abandoned any notion of that almost immediately... bringing everyone under the tent doesn't mean throwing out those who are already there....

This isn't just a "left" thing. Now your guy is facing road blocks from not just the left, but from his own party.it's not his "own party" it never was...I'm good w that too...he's changed the base and eventually the party...time for the D's to do the same...most of us aren't for identity politics, but when you become the target of them you have to do some identifying of your own in order to fight back...

how outta touch w reality do have to be to believe that? go read the comments from the VERY liberal atlantic article I posted...people are moving away from the politics you espouse because of their anything but liberal stance...trump has more to offer them simply by doing nothing vs what yer trying to push...

•Reply•Share ›
Mark solly • a day ago
This is their plan it's so obvious and people like this who are clearly part of the shrieking hive of retardation end up doing their bidding and are too stupid to even know they are puppets and should be heavily medicated for everyone's saftey.
•Reply•Share ›
•Reply•Share ›
Because they cannot win an election without 85% or more of the black vote. Hispanics turn right and white the longer they are here. See Texas and Arizona. Because they work hard.

If Trump were to succeed and win 20% of the black vote, they would lose FL, VA, NC, PA, WI, MI, OH, IL, and not be within 25 points in any southern state or Texas.

I concur w most of this and further it seems when I am about and about with more liberal leaning members of Kzone we seems to also find a lot more common ground than skis and beer...in fact there seems to be a lot more we like about each other than not...I tend to assume most of the country is like that...until I see the shrieking hives of retardation finding strife in any and everything...things as petty as how much ice cream trump eats...honestly if you really want any kind of "unity" you first need to realize it will never be achieved by totalitarianism...thus far you've professed and absolute refusal...
The "we won" comment was made during the first couple of weeks of the Obama administration during a meeting of Republicans and Democrats at the White House. According to what I recall from reading Bob Woodward's book on the first couple of years of Obama (I can't recall the name) the comment was made in response to Eric Cantor bringing a list of suggested policy initiatives to the meeting. The meeting had been called by Obama in an alleged attempt to form a bipartisan approach to respond to the financial/economic crisis then underway. Obama's comment was received by the Republicans present to be an arrogant response to legitimate ideas and almost immediately thereafter the Republicans decided to let Obama go it alone. Obama took much the same approach with Democrats but, because he entered office with a supermajority in both houses, the response and impact was nowhere near as negative.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
madhatter wrote:

•Reply•Share ›
Mark solly • a day ago
•Reply•Share ›
•Reply•Share ›

The "we won" comment was made during the first couple of weeks of the Obama administration during a meeting of Republicans and Democrats at the White House. According to what I recall from reading Bob Woodward's book on the first couple of years of Obama (I can't recall the name) the comment was made in response to Eric Cantor bringing a list of suggested policy initiatives to the meeting. The meeting had been called by Obama in an alleged attempt to form a bipartisan approach to respond to the financial/economic crisis then underway. Obama's comment was received by the Republicans present to be an arrogant response to legitimate ideas and almost immediately thereafter the Republicans decided to let Obama go it alone. Obama took much the same approach with Democrats but, because he entered office with a supermajority in both houses, the response and impact was nowhere near as negative.
I added it later as I knew it had impact when he said it...I didn't realize that he was complete dick from virtually day one despite the big win he just had that obviously included many independent and at least some republican votes as well ...

like I said here:
madhatter wrote:
obama had an opportunity to be THE most influential president of the modern era...He was given a mandate to prove that race was NOT a factor...instead he chose division at every opportunity...every chance he got he pitted race against race, citizens against police, men against women, even neighbor against neighbor, friend against friend and family against family...even worse skier against skier...He belittled and derided any and all opposition flat out dismissing their concerns and encouraged his supporters to do the same...

He rammed thru the ACA in the most dubious manner,with zero republican support, lying about the fact that it was knowingly destined to fail..He dismissed concerns from the opposition by telling them he won and to go sit in the back of the bus... and he doubled down on this blatant disregard during every seemingly 8 yr long campaign stop, reaching an angry fever pitch in his desperate last 2 week support of clinton ( really only to save his own legacy from the toilet) lecturing and deriding the strawmen he spent his entire presidency defining half of the country as...

Obama had the opportunity to unite the country, it's WHY he was elected...He chose to pursue a strategy of divide and conquer whereby he would destroy the opposition party forever...He greatly overplayed his hand and his entire legacy will be reduced to just that...A man who was given it all,overplayed his hand and ended up with nothing...
mach es sehr schnell

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

The Woodward book was "The Price of Politics". The NY Times review is linked below. I liked the book far more than the Times did.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/09/08/b ... dward.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Misguided and completely rambling campaign stump speech :roll:
He's not even good in his comfort zone anymore :sad:
Poor Kelly .. impossible to resurrect this POTUS failure :cry:

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path