Trump Presidency

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
boston_e
Postaholic

Re: Trump Presidency

Post by boston_e »

Later in the same press conference, Spicer said that Hiter "was not using gas on his own people the same way that Assad is doing".

So what is different? The delivery method (chambers vs bombs)? Different gas?

Im sure Spicer knows about the holocaust, and I also get that Hitler did not use chemical weapons against the allies in the battlefield..... but no matter how you spin it Spicer comes of as sounding incredibly stupid.
Don't Killington Pico
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

boston_e wrote:Later in the same press conference, Spicer said that Hiter "was not using gas on his own people the same way that Assad is doing".

Im sure Spicer knows about the holocaust, and I also get that Hitler did not use chemical weapons against the allies in the battlefield..... but no matter how you spin it Spicer comes of as sounding incredibly stupid.
cuz that's what you want to hear...to those that actually listen to comprehend it was quite clear, there has been a protocol in place since 1925 that not even hitler was willing to break...yet assad did....

pretty sure the spin is on your end...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

madhatter wrote:
boston_e wrote:Later in the same press conference, Spicer said that Hiter "was not using gas on his own people the same way that Assad is doing".

cuz that's what you want to hear...to those that actually listen to comprehend it was quite clear, there has been a protocol in place since 1925 that not even hitler was willing to break...yet assad did....

You don't listen to comprehend, you listen to confirm. There is not one member of this forum that the term "confirmation bias" can be applied to more aptly than yourself.

No, Hitler didn't use chemical weapons in the battlefield. He only rounded up his war prisoners and political opponents and exterminated 1.1 million of them; mostly with gas.

What Spicer said was incredibly stupid as well as insensitive to the victims of Hitler and their families. Only an asshole would defend the remarks.

There literally has not been a single word or action by Trump and his team that you have been unwilling to defend. Confirmation bias 24/7 with you.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Spicer had to have been following orders.
He can't possibly be that stupid. :shock:

The Tangerine better cut back on all this muscle flexing.
Things get beyond single task mode, we're in big trouble.

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:

You don't listen to comprehend, you listen to confirm. There is not one member of this forum that the term "confirmation bias" can be applied to more aptly than yourself.hillaryous coming from a guy who has invented hundreds of strawhatters...yo have absolutely no clue about virtually ANYTHING, zero understanding of the opposition party and zero understanding of why dems keep getting clobbered at the polls...only the dimmest of the dim buy left wing propaganda...

No, Hitler didn't use chemical weapons in the battlefield. He only rounded up his war prisoners and political opponents and exterminated 1.1 million of them; mostly with gas.

What Spicer said was incredibly stupid as well as insensitive to the victims of Hitler and their families. Only an asshole would defend the remarks.list ONE thign that wasn;t true in his remarks regardless of whether or not you approve of them...

There literally has not been a single word or action by Trump and his team that you have been unwilling to defend. Confirmation bias 24/7 with you.

keep on keepin on dumbfcukskier...what he said made prefect sense in the context in which it was delivered...your idiotic leftwing braindead 3rd grade level interpretations only further serve to erode what little credibility the left imagines they have...hillaryous...esp coming from the guy who couldn't wait to laugh in my face when hillary won...can't wait for your next "gotcha"...

guess he would have been better of saying even hitler adhered to the geneva convention regarding chemical weapons...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

so I get that braindead skier is a complete idiot w absolutely zero ability to see reality through anything but his distorted liberal lens, but do any of you REALLY think that every R has to be held to this ridiculous standard of zero tolerance concerning faux pas? does anyone REALLY believe that spicer has zero knowledge of the holocaust, zero knowledge of history or zero understanding of the geneva convention? is there anyone here who truly was incapable of understanding the point that spicer was trying to make? do any of you really think that you are scoring points w by pretending otherwise? do any of you imagine that this line of attack is going to bear fruit?
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

this is the only fruit I see coming from ridiculous leftwing accusations, intentional misinterpretations and outright slander/libel...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-1 ... ing-claims" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

I understood the point he was trying to make but, as the chief spokesperson for the President, he has to be able to communicate clearly, especially when military action has been taken. This can only be rated "epic fail" in that context. On the other hand, people like Nancy Pelosi calling for his firing are just as idiotic. (In fact, given Spicer's performance as Press Secretary so far and the humor it generates, Dems should strive to keep him exactly where he is.)
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:I understood the point he was trying to make but, so clearly you must have confirmation bias :D or perhaps an IQ well above 80 was enough to comprehend...as the chief spokesperson for the President, he has to be able to communicate clearly, seems it was clear to you...especially when military action has been taken. This can only be rated "epic fail" in that context.as far as the left is concerned perhaps, otherwise it's virtually irrelevant in the grand scheme of things... On the other hand, people like Nancy Pelosi calling for his firing are just as idiotic. so desperate to land punches that they swing wildly into the air tiring themselves out...(In fact, given Spicer's performance as Press Secretary so far and the humor it generates, Dems should strive to keep him exactly where he is.)
yep that method worked great for hillary vs trump, same for carter vs reagan...ridiculing your opponent over minute detail in an attempt to paint a picture that only like-minded partisans can see doesn't exactly constitute a winning strategy...

absolutely NO ONE who voted for trump is concerned over spicers remarks...nor should any rational thinking person be confused as to what his point was...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.hermancain.com/sean-spicers ... mb-but-the" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the political press have a nasty habit of taking your initial words if they're clumsy enough, and refusing to acknowledge when you explain yourself. The initial slip of the tongue means they've got you, and they'll go wall to wall talking about the poorly chosen words while giving little or any emphasis to the clarification. So what is the news value of that? What really matters is what he intended to convey, not the initially ineffective way he conveyed it. But their purpose is not to tell you want really matters. It's to humiliate people they don't like.

Spicer's mistake was only a serious error because that's how the media operates. If they were honest, they would accept the clarification and report accordingly. But they're not. They're out for blood. I realize White House press secretaries are supposed to know this and they're supposed to be careful not to fall into the trap. Spicer didn't do that very well here.
mach es sehr schnell

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:https://www.hermancain.com/sean-spicers ... mb-but-the
the political press have a nasty habit of taking your initial words if they're clumsy enough, and refusing to acknowledge when you explain yourself. The initial slip of the tongue means they've got you, and they'll go wall to wall talking about the poorly chosen words while giving little or any emphasis to the clarification. So what is the news value of that? What really matters is what he intended to convey, not the initially ineffective way he conveyed it. But their purpose is not to tell you want really matters. It's to humiliate people they don't like.

Spicer's mistake was only a serious error because that's how the media operates. If they were honest, they would accept the clarification and report accordingly. But they're not. They're out for blood. I realize White House press secretaries are supposed to know this and they're supposed to be careful not to fall into the trap. Spicer didn't do that very well here.
Saying "Spicer didn't do that very well here" is like saying "The Titanic struck an ice cube". The fact is, he failed at his basic job - to communicate clearly while defending the President and his actions.

Meanwhile, back to more mundane topics. The White House is now saying that they want Obamacare repealed and replaced before they deal with tax reform. Given their utter failure the first time around, this doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Thoughts?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
madhatter wrote:https://www.hermancain.com/sean-spicers ... mb-but-the

Saying "Spicer didn't do that very well here" is like saying "The Titanic struck an ice cube". you understood, I understood...so who didn't? well that would be left wing ideologues who have zero intention of understanding anything but only seek "to humiliate people they don't like" The fact is, he failed at his basic job - to communicate clearly while defending the President and his actions. I'm not sure one can communicate with those who refuse to listen...their abject hatred of trump and bitterness over losing will always take precedent...

Meanwhile, back to more mundane topics. The White House is now saying that they want Obamacare repealed and replaced before they deal with tax reform. Given their utter failure the first time around, this doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Thoughts?

http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/201 ... usive.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

trump:
“Health care is going to happen at some point. Now if it doesn’t start fast enough, I’ll start the taxes. But the tax reform and the tax cuts are better if I can do healthcare first,” he said.
mach es sehr schnell

Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Well, Hitler didn't use Russian jets to gas his own people and since German Jews were stripped of their citizenship, he didn't use chemical weapons against his own people either. So once again for Trumpeteers the Gump "Administration" is proven 100% correct.
boston_e wrote: Im sure Spicer knows about the holocaust, and I also get that Hitler did not use chemical weapons against the allies in the battlefield..... but no matter how you spin it Spicer comes of as sounding incredibly stupid.
Gump and his crew are doing their level best to facilitate our move from a Democracy to an Idiocracy. I'd say Spicer's recent comments fit in quite nicely.

#maga
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:

Well, Hitler didn't use Russian jets to gas his own people and since German Jews were stripped of their citizenship, he didn't use chemical weapons against his own people either. So once again for Trumpeteers the Gump "Administration" is proven 100% correct.
boston_e wrote: Im sure Spicer knows about the holocaust, and I also get that Hitler did not use chemical weapons against the allies in the battlefield..... but no matter how you spin it Spicer comes of as sounding incredibly stupid.
Gump and his crew are doing their level best to facilitate our move from a Democracy to an Idiocracy. I'd say Spicer's recent comments fit in quite nicely.

#maga
good grief obama and the left are the epitome of idiocracy...FYI we were never a democracy but a democratic republic...and therein lies the problem, the left wants mob rule via a simple majority and that's not going to happen...

again it's kinda hard to put any stock in your comments here, seeing as I know you and know you are plenty smart enough to understand exactly what spicer said...with that said who exactly are the "idiots"here? those who comprehend what spicer meant? or those who pretend to be ( or perhaps truly are) completely incapable of it?
mach es sehr schnell

Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter wrote:good grief obama and the left are the epitome of idiocracy...FYI we were never a democracy but a democratic republic...and therein lies the problem, the left wants mob rule via a simple majority and that's not going to happen... yeah, like SCOTUS nominations

again it's kinda hard to put any stock in your comments here, seeing as I know you and know you are plenty smart enough to understand exactly what spicer said...with that said who exactly are the "idiots"here? those who comprehend what spicer meant? or those who pretend to be ( or perhaps truly are) completely incapable of it?
It appears Spicer meant "Assad bad man, real bad man, bigly bad, believe me, bad dude. Now, just in time for Passover, please listen to me make more of an ass out of myself than humanly possible"