Trump Presidency

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Coydog
Guru Poster

Re: Trump Presidency

Post by Coydog »

freeski wrote:Roger Waters has been slipping toward the Syd Barrett side of the moon for some time. Yes, Pink Floyd has been a political band, butt in a nuanced way. This is out of character for the band.

Even though I'm a deplorable (F you Cankle :D) Waters is correct here as Trump would be the first of the three pigs:
Big man, pig man, ha ha, charade you are
You well heeled big wheel, ha ha, charade you are
And when your hand is on your heart
You're nearly a good laugh
Almost a joker
With your head down in the pig bin
Saying "keep on digging"
Pig stain on your fat chin
What do you hope to find?
When you're down in the pig mine
You're nearly a laugh
You're nearly a laugh
But you're really a cry.
Cool lyrics, very covfefe.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Coydog wrote:Cool lyrics, very covfefe.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

I remember telling a friend I don't want to live in a society where the artists are on the right. :?

I Belong A Long Way From Here.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

reality is something many on the left simply cannot comprehend from any perspective other than "me", which virtually negates any chance of bipartisan legislation or even bipartisanship period......sad, so sad...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

It goes both ways idiot. Do you think an Obama supporter is going to show up to a Ted Nugent concert and be surprised what he sees and hears?

And let's not forget that Trump hosted concert type rallies where people of different opinion were not only forcefully removed, but often assualted on the way out the door. That was your guy and you defended that every step of the way.

Per usual, another day, another episode of madhatsky showing himself as a hypocrite.
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

deadheadskier wrote:It goes both ways idiot. Do you think an Obama supporter is going to show up to a Ted Nugent concert and be surprised what he sees and hears?

And let's not forget that Trump hosted concert type rallies where people of different opinion were not only forcefully removed, but often assualted on the way out the door. That was your guy and you defended that every step of the way.

Per usual, another day, another episode of madhatsky showing himself as a hypocrite.
:like
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:It goes both ways idiot. right away w the attacks...far cry comparing nugent ( a well known american political activist who;s career was basically revived by activism) whom people go to see nowadays largely because f his political views vs waters an ancient brit w an odd history of activism and someone more well known for music written 30-50 yrs ago that many want to revisit...few if any go to see him for his political views, esp in a country he's not part of... Do you think an Obama supporter is going to show up to a Ted Nugent concert and be surprised what he sees and hears?nope not much again yer friggin clueless. what did waters or the left GAIN? that was my question...
Activism[edit]
After the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and subsequent tsunami disaster, Waters performed "Wish You Were Here" with Eric Clapton during a benefit concert on the American network NBC.[120] He was outspoken against the Hunting Act of 2004, and performed a concert for, and attended marches supporting, the Countryside Alliance. Waters explained that whether he supported hunting or not, it was important to defend it as a right. He left the UK soon afterwards.[78] He clarified in October 2005 that he had not left the country in protest against the hunting legislation but for family reasons, and that he often returned to the UK.[121]
In this scene, Waters punches the wall, while the projections simulate the wall crumbling as a result, revealing a bright sunset behind
Waters performing "Comfortably Numb" during The Wall Live in Kansas City, 30 October 2010
After leaving Britain, he moved to Long Island in New York with his fiancé Laurie Durning.[122] In June 2007, Waters became a spokesman for Millennium Promise, a non-profit organisation that helps fight extreme poverty and malaria. He wrote an opinion piece for CNN in support of the topic.[123] In July, he participated in the American leg of the Live Earth concert, an international multi-venue concert aimed at raising awareness about global climate change, featuring the Trenton Youth Choir and his trademarked inflatable pig. Waters told David Fricke why he thinks The Wall is still relevant today:
The loss of a father is the central prop on which [The Wall] stands. As the years go by, children lose their fathers again and again, for nothing. You see it now with all these fathers, good men and true, who lost their lives and limbs in Iraq for no reason at all. I've done "Bring The Boys Back Home" in my encore on recent tours. It feels more relevant and poignant to be singing that song now than it did in 1979.[124]
In 2012, Waters led a benefit for United States military veterans called Stand Up for Heroes. He invited a music group of combat wounded veterans called MusiCorps to perform with him.[125] In June 2013, Waters and numerous other celebrities appeared in a video showing support for Chelsea Manning.[126]
In June 2009 he spoke against the Israeli West Bank barrier[127] and later that year, pledged his support to the Gaza Freedom March. In 2011 he announced that he had joined the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel.[128] He has said he is disillusioned with UK foreign policy towards Israel.[129] In October 2016 Waters lost four million dollars in sponsorship after American Express refused to fund his North America tour due to his anti-Israel rhetoric at a previous festival sponsored by the financial company.[130]
In November 2016 Citibank joined American Express in cutting ties to Waters. "Citi is not a sponsor of Roger Waters' upcoming tour," a Citibank official said, noting that the company had "offered a limited time pre-sale of tickets for cardmembers for select shows. ... The pre-sale has ended and we have no plans to work with [Waters] in the future."[131]
The ADL's National Director Abraham H. Foxman has accused him of anti-Semitism[132][133] as has Rabbi Abraham Cooper, associate dean of the Simon Wiesenthal Center.[134][135] Waters stated that Cooper's accusation was bigoted.[136] On 2 October 2015, Waters published an open letter in Salon criticising the band Bon Jovi for performing in Tel Aviv,[137] which led Howard Stern to criticise Waters on his radio show.[138]

And let's not forget that Trump hosted concert type rallies where people of different opinion were not only forcefully removed, that's what happens when you cause a riot, try it anywhere at a closed or paid event and see what happens...but often assualted on the way out the door. yeah not so much...there may have been a couple incidents say one to every couple hundred incidents of leftwingers attacking people...no way you can win this one antifa/blm/occupy/anti-trump rallies are all festering w hate and violence...what;s funny is the left is surprised and feigns shock when it comes back around at em...That was your guy and you defended that every step of the way.seriously doubt I defended violence at political rallies but I can see where when some raving loon invades your private space things might get a bit testy...

you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who actually knows or has even met me to describe me as such...project all you want...it's really hillaryous, childish as it is...

I'm gonna agree w the more reasonable boston e remarks in that I don't go to concerts to hear political opinion...and I'll take it a step further: when I hear performers use the stage to spout angry politics I'm turned off immediately....If they have something brief and salient to say I'm ok w that but just to hurl invective and insult cuz they have a captive audience? last dollar of mine they'll see...think that doesn't matter? it's only one person? many a career has gone down the toilet from one simple remark that caused a fall from popularity...television is nearly unwatchable these days...anything from NBC,CBS, ABC and Fox Broadcasting is basically propaganda barely disguised as entertainment...ask ESPN how politics has been working out for them?

bottom line it seems like a lame and useless stunt that provided no value to anyone except apparently you and perhaps xj......

enjoy your miserable life...oink oink...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

brownman wrote:It's an intellectual thing .. lost on deplorables.
Actually, much of Pink Floyd's music is politically nuanced. 8)

Lipstick won't change this embarrassment in chief.

:seeya
freeski wrote:Roger Waters has been slipping toward the Syd Barrett side of the moon for some time. Yes, Pink Floyd has been a political band, butt in a nuanced way. This is out of character for the band.

Even though I'm a deplorable (F you Cankle :D) Waters is correct here as Trump would be the first of the three pigs:
Big man, pig man, ha ha, charade you are
You well heeled big wheel, ha ha, charade you are
And when your hand is on your heart
You're nearly a good laugh
Almost a joker
With your head down in the pig bin
Saying "keep on digging"
Pig stain on your fat chin
What do you hope to find?
When you're down in the pig mine
You're nearly a laugh
You're nearly a laugh
But you're really a cry.

What a great album :!: :cool :cool
Roger Waters is the 18th richest musician when I looked it up.

From 2012 http://www.prefixmag.com/news/paul-mcca ... ger/69105/ Makes those lyrics laughable.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Dickc wrote:Roger Waters is the 18th richest musician when I looked it up.

From 2012 http://www.prefixmag.com/news/paul-mcca ... ger/69105/ Makes those lyrics laughable.
Lots of emphasis in the lyrics on the word "charade", which I've always took to mean Emporer has No Clothes or the like. Are you saying Roger Waters, like Trump, is a charade? I wouldn't agree.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Lots of emphasis in the lyrics on the word "charade", which I've always took to mean Emporer has No Clothes or the like. Are you saying Roger Waters, like Trump, is a charade? I wouldn't agree.
No, he's saying Rogers is a hypocrite for giving Trump a hard time about his wealth when he's loaded.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

It's awesome Trump stopped playing one of Obama's stupid global games today. A game that hurt the US and did nothing for the environment. :barebutt: :banana: :box
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

freeski wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

No, he's saying Rogers is a hypocrite for giving Trump a hard time about his wealth when he's loaded.
:like :like :like
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Dickc wrote:
freeski wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

:like :like :like
:like :like :like :like
mach es sehr schnell