Saturday report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Saturday report

Post by tyrolean_skier »

If you were at the mountain at 8 you would have had 2 hours of skiing without any r*in. The sun was also shining at that time. We got there at 9 and my first run with Iceman and Snow Princess was Superstar. I was very proud of Snow Princess because she only fell a couple of times on the whole run. She did the upper headwall with no problems and only fell once while doing the lower headwall. She also skied Skylark and Bittersweet.
Besides those trails there were easily accessible, I did go over to Needles and skied Panic Button to middle Needles - that was sweet until we had to hike back to the Superstar quad. Also did the ribbon on Sky Hawk a few times and the Ovation headwall and middle Ovation. We decided not to hike to the Canyon area today since it was going to start r*ining. Also did not get a chance to get over to Bear because of lack of a ride. It started r*ining hard around 1:00 PM and it is still r*ining pretty hard now. Hopefully it will not cause too much damage to the mountain.
Snowjob
Poster Child Poster

Post by Snowjob »

Very nice on the Princess. SStar is definitely an advanced trail.
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

hey Ty are they still grooming superstar head to toe?
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
Mtn Man
Guru Poster

Post by Mtn Man »

I guess there was no Bay1, doh!

How was the nature hike to the canyons? Did Bummy actually go out there with her 1080s???

B)
Mmmmmm, sidecountry....
jenscats5
Poster Child Poster

Post by jenscats5 »

Hey Ty -- that's great to hear about Snow Princess!!

That headwall of Superstar makes me nervous -- darn goat path....
“A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths; feels your fears but fortifies your faith; sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities.”
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

Mtn Man wrote:I guess there was no Bay1, doh!

How was the nature hike to the canyons? Did Bummy actually go out there with her 1080s???

B)
Oh, yes there was a Bay1..... tarp and all thanks to AndyZee... but then we moved it to our house.
Nope, didn't nature hike to the canyons and chickened out on OL today.
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Skibumtress wrote:
Mtn Man wrote:I guess there was no Bay1, doh!

B)
Oh, yes there was a Bay1..... tarp and all thanks to AndyZee... but then we moved it to our house.
Nope, didn't nature hike to the canyons and chickened out on OL today.
Except instead of Bay1, it was at the bottom of Superstar.
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

ozzy wrote:hey Ty are they still grooming superstar head to toe?
Ozzy as you know they probably did not groom last night. Doing the May 1 race was quite challenging since you could not see because of the fog and and the terrain had a lot of moguls that you could not see until you were right on top of them. Nice to see you briefly today and glad you got to enjoy doing some runs after the sun came out.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
Ozzy as you know they probably did not groom last night. Doing the May 1 race was quite challenging since you could not see because of the fog and and the terrain had a lot of moguls that you could not see until you were right on top of them. Nice to see you briefly today and glad you got to enjoy doing some runs after the sun came out.
It was awesome once the sun started coming out yesterday. Had to shed the jacket. 10 minute laps on Supe beat me up quick tho.
ImageImageImageImage
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Stormchaser wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:
It was awesome once the sun started coming out yesterday. Had to shed the jacket. 10 minute laps on Supe beat me up quick tho.
When the sun came out we headed over to OL and then SBF and I hiked over to the Canyon area to do DD. I enjoyed doing the Superstar woods when it was foggy because at least with trees around you had better visibility.