Hungry?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Ski-N-Sail
Wanted Poster

Hungry?

Post by Ski-N-Sail »

How about a 15lb cheeseburger.
10.5 pounds of ground beef, 25 slices of cheese, a head of lettuce, three tomatoes, two onions, a cup-and-a-half each of mayonnaise, relish, ketchup, mustard and banana peppers - and a bun.

It costs $30.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050503/D89RMI981.html
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by snowsprite on May 4th, '05, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.
I like wine.
KBL Ed
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by KBL Ed »

That's gross.
TacklingSnowmenSteve
Black Carver

Post by TacklingSnowmenSteve »

Clinton station dinner in jersey... Zeus burger 12.5 lbs with toppings... 7 lbs of pure ground beef.. mmmm beef!!! Free if you can finish it 3 hours...

I can't wait to try it!!!

http://www.clintonstationdiner.com/zeus.htm
It's my duty to please your booty.... ~Shaft
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

KBL Ed wrote:That's gross.
Ditto on that. I wonder if Pizzamoose or SkiDork would be able to eat one of those?
Eski
Postaholic

Post by Eski »

just saw this bit of food news:

N.C. Man Finds Finger in Frozen Custard

A man who ordered a pint of frozen chocolate custard in a dessert shop got a nasty surprise inside — a piece of severed finger lost by an employee in an accident.

Unlike a recent incident at a Wendy's restaurant in California, no questions of truth have been raised about the finger found in a package from Kohl's Frozen Custard.

State officials went to the shop Monday, and the owner confirmed one of his employees lost part of a finger in an accident with a food-processing machine.

Wilmington television station WWAY reported that Clarence Stowers found the finger in custard he purchased Sunday night.

Stowers, who did not immediately return calls Monday from The Associated Press, told the station: "I thought it was candy because they put candy in your ice cream ... to make it a treat. So I said, 'OK, well, I'll just put it in my mouth and get the ice cream off of it and see what it is.'"

Stowers said he spit the object out, but still couldn't identify it. So he went to his kitchen, rinsed it off with water — and "just started screaming."

Stowers said he planned to contact a lawyer.

Shop owner Craig Thomas said the employee who lost the finger had dropped a bucket while working with a machine that dispenses the custard. He tried to catch the bucket when the accident occurred.

Thomas told WWAY that several employees tried to help the injured worker, and that a drive-thru window attendant apparently scooped custard from the bucket into a pint before being told what had happened.

Joe Reardon of the state Agriculture Department's food and drug division said state officials closed the shop while the food-processing equipment involved was cleaned and sanitized.

In March, a Las Vegas woman claimed she bit down on a 1 1/2 inch-long finger fragment while dining with her family at a Wendy's restaurant in San Jose, Calif.

Investigators have since called her claim a hoax and charged her last month with attempted grand theft related to millions in dollars of financial losses Wendy's has suffered since news of her claim broke.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050503/ap_ ... N5bnN0b3J5
DrJeff
Poster Child Poster

Post by DrJeff »

TacklingSnowmenSteve wrote:Clinton station dinner in jersey... Zeus burger 12.5 lbs with toppings... 7 lbs of pure ground beef.. mmmm beef!!! Free if you can finish it 3 hours...

I can't wait to try it!!!

http://www.clintonstationdiner.com/zeus.htm
Wow! That place is about 5 miles from my parent's house. Next time I go visit I might have to fast for the 3 days before I head down and give it a try. On second thought maube I'll just drink beer instead! :roll: :wink: :D
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Eski wrote:just saw this bit of food news:

N.C. Man Finds Finger in Frozen Custard
Better that than a vein in his hotdog.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I like wine.