New Jersey Girls & Marriage....

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Stormin_Aussie
Bumper

New Jersey Girls & Marriage....

Post by Stormin_Aussie »

I received this joke today in my email and thought I would share with The Jersey Girls....

Three men were sitting together bragging about how they had given their new wives duties. The first man had married a woman from Tennessee and bragged that he had told his wife she was going to do all the dishes and house cleaning.

He said it took a couple days but on the third day he came home to a Clean house and the dishes were done.

The second man had married a woman from Florida. He bragged that he Had given his wife orders that she was to do all the cleaning, dishes and the cooking. On that the first day he didn't see any results, but the next day it was better. By the third day, his house was clean, the dishes were done and he had a huge dinner on the table.

The third man married a girl from New Jersey. He boasted that he told her that her duties were to keep the house clean, dishes washed, lawn mowed, laundry washed and hot meals on the table for every meal. He said the first day he didn't see anything, the second day he didn't see anything but by the third day most of the swelling had gone down and he could see a little out of his left eye; enough to fix himself a bite to eat, load the dishwasher and telephone a landscaper.

Gotta love those Jersey girls! =]

I think this is only true for girls that were born and raised in NJ, not transplants... it takes many years to actually become a "Jersey Girl" I should know, because it takes many years to un-do all that damage too :D :D Kidding! You can take the girl out of NJ, but you can't take the NJ out of the girl! I know I'll be moving back to NJ some day... sooner than later, I am sure of it!

Have a great day everyone!
Ski-N-Sail
Wanted Poster

Post by Ski-N-Sail »

Damn jersey girls!
borgy
Slalom Racer

Post by borgy »

Yeah--- my GF lives in Ct now but was born and raised in Bergen County-as I was, - She still eats hot dawgs, drinks cawfee, and drives like she is from NJ.
1918 lives
Stormin_Aussie
Bumper

Post by Stormin_Aussie »

borgy wrote:Yeah--- my GF lives in Ct now but was born and raised in Bergen County-as I was, - She still eats hot dawgs, drinks cawfee, and drives like she is from NJ.
You are one lucky guy! I agree with your post about the NJ accent, but I have to disagree with the remark about the NJ driver remark... I think people choose the way they drive, but can't help the way they tawk! :D
MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

Thanks, Stormin'! I just sent that to my son's fiance who was born and brought up in New Jersey! :)
Stormin_Aussie
Bumper

Post by Stormin_Aussie »

MarieM wrote:Thanks, Stormin'! I just sent that to my son's fiance who was born and brought up in New Jersey! :)
I hope she doesn't take it the wrong way! You do love her right??? :D
When's the wedding? In NJ?
MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

Stormin_Aussie wrote:
MarieM wrote:Thanks, Stormin'! I just sent that to my son's fiance who was born and brought up in New Jersey! :)
I hope she doesn't take it the wrong way! You do love her right??? :D
When's the wedding? In NJ?
I prefaced it by saying, "Not sure how true this is, but it's good for a chuckle!" If she didn't have a sense of humor, she wouldn't have gotten this far with #1 son...meeting #'s 2 and 3 would have made sure of that! :)

Yes...the wedding's in NJ...Ceremony in Bridgewater, reception in Princeton. November of this year. (He's shipping out in December. We're keeping our fingers crossed that his orders don't change! Talk about living on the edge!)
borgy
Slalom Racer

Post by borgy »

I was the opposite-- I married a girl from NH. Had the wedding in NH. Divorced now but I don't think NJ and NH work-- kinda like oil and vinegar. --

I'm just kidding of course-- I am divorced though--

Best of luck to your son and his fiance
1918 lives
MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

borgy wrote:I was the opposite-- I married a girl from NH. Had the wedding in NH. Divorced now but I don't think NJ and NH work-- kinda like oil and vinegar. --

That's funny that you should say that...on their wedding website, she makes reference to his "scary obsession with New Hampshire!" Hmmm...
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

MarieM wrote:
borgy wrote:I was the opposite-- I married a girl from NH. Had the wedding in NH. Divorced now but I don't think NJ and NH work-- kinda like oil and vinegar. --

That's funny that you should say that...on their wedding website, she makes reference to his "scary obsession with New Hampshire!" Hmmm...
They have a wedding website? What sort of stuff goes on it?
MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

tyrolean_skier wrote:They have a wedding website? What sort of stuff goes on it?
Links to registries (Macy's, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Sears, Target, whatever), anecdotes about how they met, how they got engaged, details of the wedding day, links to hotels...all kinds of stuff. I don't think any of their friends have gotten married without one. Most anecdotes I've seen are nice or funny. I haven't seen any that are too icky or need to filed under "TMI!"
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

MarieM wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:They have a wedding website? What sort of stuff goes on it?
Links to registries (Macy's, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Sears, Target, whatever), anecdotes about how they met, how they got engaged, details of the wedding day, links to hotels...all kinds of stuff. I don't think any of their friends have gotten married without one. Most anecdotes I've seen are nice or funny. I haven't seen any that are too icky or need to filed under "TMI!"
Didn't know they existed until now. I don't think that anyone that I know that has gotten married recently had one.
kickstand
Blue Chatterbox

Post by kickstand »

tyrolean_skier wrote: Didn't know they existed until now. I don't think that anyone that I know that has gotten married recently had one.
theknot.com is a popular one. A few of my friends have used it. I happen to fall in the camp opposite MarieM on this one. Can't stand those things.
mogulmouse
Powderhound

Post by mogulmouse »

I can say orange with an O now instead of a R like when i lived in jersey
perabyte
Blue Chatterbox

Post by perabyte »

Jersey Girls.... ::shudder:: I only date girls from out of state.
I ride twins!