North Korea

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: North Korea

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:Image
:like :lol: :lol:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... other-tru/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

North Korea releases U.S. detainees, bows to another Trump demand
A series of concessions by Mr. Kim, from agreeing to a goal of denuclearizing the Korean Peninsula to freeing the three Americans, has not calmed fears among Mr. Trump’s critics that he will “wing it” in the talks and potentially empower the communist regime in Pyongyang.

Behind the scenes at the White House, however, the president has marshaled an agile team to hone a fast-paced negotiating strategy and back him up in the nuclear talks, which could be held as soon as this month or by the end of June.

The president’s combative style and the maneuvering by his team from the National Security Council and State Department have reaped early wins, but they are still far from getting Mr. Kim to give up his nuclear weapons.

“We’re in the beginning stages of the work, and the outcome is certainly yet unknown,” Mr. Pompeo, a former CIA chief, said when sworn in Wednesday as secretary of state. “But one thing is certain: This administration will not repeat the mistakes of the past. Our eyes are wide open. It’s time to solve this once and for all. A bad deal is not an option.”
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05- ... e-2-months" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kim Agrees "Denuclearization Is Achievable" After Surprise Second Meeting With China's Xi
According to BBG, Kim reportedly filled Xi in on developments in the Korean peninsula and pushed to strengthen communication and cooperation with China.

In comments reported after the meeting, Kim reiterated that, as long as the regime's security is guaranteed, North Korea "does not need to have nuclear weapons..."

"As long as relevant parties eliminate the hostile policy and security threats against North Korea, North Korea does not need to have nuclear weapons, and denuclearization is achievable," Kim was quoted as saying.

Xi agreed that "positive progress" had been made since the two leaders first met, adding, "I feel happy about it."

His response was reported by China's Xinhua news agency.

"After my first meeting with the chairman [Kim Jong Un], I'm very glad to see positive progress in both bilateral relations and the situation on the Korean Peninsula…. Developing the traditional friendship between China and North Korea is a common treasure of both nations. Improving friendship and cooperation between the two nations is a position both sides hold firmly and is the only correct choice. High-level exchanges between both sides carry important effects that are irreplaceable. Both sides need to maintain regular exchanges, boost strategic communications and mutual trust, and defend our common interests."
MEGA...
mach es sehr schnell

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Translation:
We have about 6 months to a year to move and bury all our goodies, and then claim we don't have them anymore.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:Translation:
We have about 6 months to a year to move and bury all our goodies, and then claim we don't have them anymore.
don;t ya think we can actually see that from surveillance? I mean I can see a snowmobile in my yard from google earth...for free...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

I'm sure complete abandonment of the program and its technology is pure fantasy...culture change though is a big factor...it's not much of a stretch to see a NK that ceases hostilities and keeps its program at it's current development level in a sort of limbo stage...they aren't religious fanatics, they aren;t ideologically driven...it's about those in power retaining power...

NK needs commerce and trade...an opportunity exists to gain access to that...basically the rest of the world exchanging various mutual benefits for a promise of no hostilities...easily reversible if necessary...
mach es sehr schnell

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

madhatter wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:Translation:
don;t ya think we can actually see that from surveillance? I mean I can see a snowmobile in my yard from google earth...for free...
They have mobile launchers. Doubt they're out in the open. And there's this thing called night. I'm sure we have some estimates and some tracking, but do we know the real total of anything they built?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05- ... e-hostages" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trump Says Pompeo Is Returning From North Korea With Three Hostages
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05- ... homecoming" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

President Donald Trump and the First Lady greeted three American prisoners freed from North Korea early Thursday morning when they arrived at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland.
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05- ... re-june-10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
The highly anticipated meeting between Kim Jong Un and myself will take place in Singapore on June 12th. We will both try to make it a very special moment for World Peace!

10:37 AM - May 10, 2018
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/10/worl ... onomy.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
last month, when he met with the South’s president, Moon Jae-in, Mr. Moon handed him a USB drive that contained quite a different message.

In charts and video clips, Mr. Moon’s memory stick laid out a “new economic map for the Korean Peninsula,” including new railways and power plants for the impoverished North, should Mr. Kim abandon his nuclear weapons, according to South Korean officials.

Mr. Moon based his sales pitch on the belief that Mr. Kim wants to become the North Korean equivalent of Deng Xiaoping, who oversaw the economic liberalization of China. In this view, Mr. Kim may be willing to transform his pariah state by trading in his nuclear arsenal for diplomatic and economic incentives he needs to achieve prosperity.
mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

madhatter wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/10/worl ... onomy.html
last month, when he met with the South’s president, Moon Jae-in, Mr. Moon handed him a USB drive that contained quite a different message.

In charts and video clips, Mr. Moon’s memory stick laid out a “new economic map for the Korean Peninsula,” including new railways and power plants for the impoverished North, should Mr. Kim abandon his nuclear weapons, according to South Korean officials.

Mr. Moon based his sales pitch on the belief that Mr. Kim wants to become the North Korean equivalent of Deng Xiaoping, who oversaw the economic liberalization of China. In this view, Mr. Kim may be willing to transform his pariah state by trading in his nuclear arsenal for diplomatic and economic incentives he needs to achieve prosperity.
I'm sure the US worked with Mr Moon to implement a Stuxnet-type worm to further cripple the North or at least in my dreams they did.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Very entertaining to watch Trump negotiate:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/24/trump-s ... lled-.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Always be ready to walk away (and turn them into a radioactive parking lot).
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Highway Star wrote:Very entertaining to watch Trump negotiate:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/24/trump-s ... lled-.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Always be ready to walk away (and turn them into a radioactive parking lot).
So I guess no Nobel, egh?