North Korea

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: North Korea

Post by Guy in Shorts »

madhatter wrote:https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-06- ... ice-norway

Trump Nominated For Nobel Peace Price... By Norway
This must be fake news because I checked out both CNN and MSNBC with neither site covering anything to do with North Korea. The biggest story that they are tracking is Hosting of the World Cup in 2026, yesterday's primary's result and lots on the Mueller probe. All this North Korea talk must be the fake news that Fox is putting out.

Disclaimer- I did purchase Fox stock just before the election and it has done well.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Guy in Shorts wrote:
madhatter wrote:https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-06- ... ice-norway

Trump Nominated For Nobel Peace Price... By Norway
This must be fake news because I checked out both CNN and MSNBC with neither site covering anything to do with North Korea. The biggest story that they are tracking is Hosting of the World Cup in 2026, yesterday's primary's result and lots on the Mueller probe. All this North Korea talk must be the fake news that Fox is putting out.

Disclaimer- I did purchase Fox stock just before the election and it has done well.
we're still waiting to see what stormy daniels has to say about all this....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

The hypocrisy in all of this is that if Obama had met with the North Koreans Fox would have crucified him. Instead it is the left wing now up in arms.

Will any good come of the meeting? Likely we won’t know for a long time.
Don't Killington Pico
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Big Deal :roll:

4 bedroom condos available on the beautiful beaches :lol:
Early suitors may get Dennis Rodman as their neighbor .. he of Nobel Prize fame :P

How's that Wall doin. .. :sad:

:zzz
Forever .. Goat Path
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Big deal / Will anything come of it?

Maybe yes to both. World is full of madmen like Kim that use any means they can to remain in power. Trump has shown that a little flexing of our great muscle gets their attention real quick. Getting rogue nations like North Korea to behave in a civil manner puts the world in a better place. Kinda sounds like we put a smart sweet deal maker in the Oval Office. Conventional politics haven’t worked where our new approach appears to be effective. Rocket man fears/respects/admires the Orange Topped street fighter from New York. I am liking the short term results.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

we also got 3 hostages back, the threat of war and the testing of missiles is at least halted and NK and SK are now having diplomatic relations for the first time in decades...

and leftists are of course apoplectic...

that's a win all the way around the block...

MAGA!!!
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVxE_MM94tA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stephen Colbert making some good points re N. Korea summit!
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04- ... ded-weapon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From the article:

“It appears North Korea is set to resume its ICBM test at any moment.”

“However, two summits later, and one lengthy attempt at restoring diplomatic relations seemingly in disarray, appears to have restored the status quo.”

Trump in September:

"I was really tough and so was he, and we went back and forth," Trump told an adoring crowd of thousands at Wesbanco Arena in Wheeling. "And then we fell in love, OK? No, really, he wrote me beautiful letters, and they’re great letters. We fell in love.”
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Two short range missile tests by NK so the 500-day pause of missile testing is over.
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

N. Korea testing missiles and Iran threatening to enrich uranium. Tell me again how the great dealmaker is getting us results with these foreign leaders? Because from where I sit, it looks like a whole lot of incompetence so far.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:N. Korea testing missiles and Iran threatening to enrich uranium. Tell me again how the great dealmaker is getting us results with these foreign leaders? Because from where I sit, it looks like a whole lot of incompetence so far.
obviously you are staring in the mirror...
mach es sehr schnell

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Kpdemello wrote:N. Korea testing missiles and Iran threatening to enrich uranium. Tell me again how the great dealmaker is getting us results with these foreign leaders? Because from where I sit, it looks like a whole lot of incompetence so far.
Ah yes, in Kpdemelloland, everything always happens on schedule, with no obstacles along the way, no deception from opponents or setbacks, proclamations from tyrants are readily believed, and where it's expected to have finished results in 2 years on issues that were ignored and mis-managed for 60 years.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:
Ah yes, in Kpdemelloland, everything always happens on schedule, with no obstacles along the way, no deception from opponents or setbacks, proclamations from tyrants are readily believed, and where it's expected to have finished results in 2 years on issues that were ignored and mis-managed for 60 years.
an extremely progressive case of TDS has little hope for a cure...
mach es sehr schnell

Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Mister Moose wrote:
Ignored and mismanaged? Obama had a deal in place with Iran to prevent them from building nukes, Trump pulled out of it. If this was a setback, it was caused by Trump. I agree there was mismanagement here, but it started when Trump took office.

Real talk - Trump has made things worse not better, and he has no significant foreign policy achievement to date, after more than two years in office. And I don't expect finished results, but two plus years is a significant sample size. Yet in that time we don't even have evidence of significant progress on any major foreign policy issue facing this administration. Instead, we have seen numerous failures - Helsinki, Venezuela, Russian sanctions, N. Korea, and now Iran. I thought results mattered to you? Or do they only matter when it's not your guy in office?

Also, given the political fallout of the Mueller report, it's looking less and less likely that Trump will get a second term. There's an outside chance he may not finish out this one. With less than two years left in office, it's increasingly likely that foreign countries are just going to ignore him as a lame duck. And that's a problem he created by his poor conduct while in office.

Sooner or later you're going to realize that this guy has been a terrible leader and one of the worst presidents in history.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
Ignored and mismanaged? Obama had a deal in place with Iran to prevent them from building nukes, Trump pulled out of it. If this was a setback, it was caused by Trump. I agree there was mismanagement here, but it started when Trump took office.

Real talk - Trump has made things worse not better, and he has no significant foreign policy achievement to date, after more than two years in office. And I don't expect finished results, but two plus years is a significant sample size. Yet in that time we don't even have evidence of significant progress on any major foreign policy issue facing this administration. Instead, we have seen numerous failures - Helsinki, Venezuela, Russian sanctions, N. Korea, and now Iran. I thought results mattered to you? Or do they only matter when it's not your guy in office?

Also, given the political fallout of the Mueller report, it's looking less and less likely that Trump will get a second term. There's an outside chance he may not finish out this one. With less than two years left in office, it's increasingly likely that foreign countries are just going to ignore him as a lame duck. And that's a problem he created by his poor conduct while in office.

Sooner or later you're going to realize that this guy has been a terrible leader and one of the worst presidents in history.
mach es sehr schnell