Rick's Report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Ski-N-Sail
Wanted Poster

Rick's Report

Post by Ski-N-Sail »

May 4th, 42 degrees and partly cloudy. A very nice ski day. Skyelark and Bittersweet are well covered and I expect they may make it to May15th - this is different than how I felt less than a week ago. Super Star has an amazingly deep base of some very good spring snow. Ray and I took a run down Bearclaw, which has been closed for a few weeks, we were amazed at how good the snow was. There is a little walking in the middle so it is not for most people, we had a great time. There is probably only 12 more ski days left so get here soon if you would like to get in your last turns of the season. There is a rumor that Killington may stay open weekends only, till Memorial day - it would be nice, I am not counting on it.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

I actually had that exact conversation with someone in Sr. Mgmt the other day and asked why wouldn't they keep it open weekends, even telling him that SR closed on Sunday before May 1 then reopened for their May 1 event. If they do decide to stay open weekends only, I'll be happy to take the credit for making the suggestion to the higher-ups. :lol:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
KBL Ed
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by KBL Ed »

I've only suggested closing mid-week in May for the last 3 years! :x :evil:
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

...to whomever's credit, a couple more weekends would be fantastic!

superstar is in excellent shape...by may1 last year, it was pretty narrow, and cracks were forming across the mid section...this year it looks more 03, when there was no r*in all winter...
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

snowpez wrote:...to whomever's credit, a couple more weekends would be fantastic!

superstar is in excellent shape...by may1 last year, it was pretty narrow, and cracks were forming across the mid section...this year it looks more 03, when there was no r*in all winter...
THis weekend last year you had to walk on and off the lift and down the headwall
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

It would be great if they stayed open two more weekends although I would only be able take advantage of only Memorial Day since we have a commitment for the previous weekend.
BobR
Bumper

Post by BobR »

I would come up Memorial day weekend for turns. Probably spend a nickle in the bar also. ( revenue)
skiing is my addiction

anyone want to buy a condo in the southern Whites'?
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

BobR wrote:I would come up Memorial day weekend for turns. Probably spend a nickle in the bar also. ( revenue)
bar wasn't open this past Sunday at KBL. Strangeness...
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
BobR
Bumper

Post by BobR »

Wow. No bar. Leaves only one alternative. :D
skiing is my addiction

andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

BBQ !!!!! :lol:
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

andyzee wrote:BBQ !!!!! :lol:
Bar-B-Q
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
BobR
Bumper

Post by BobR »

SkiDork wrote:
andyzee wrote:BBQ !!!!! :lol:
Bar-B-Q
Sorry, AndyZee I like SkiDorks' idea better.
skiing is my addiction

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Re: Rick's Report

Post by skiadikt »

Ski-N-Sail wrote:
May 4th, 42 degrees and partly cloudy. A very nice ski day. Skyelark and Bittersweet are well covered and I expect they may make it to May15th - this is different than how I felt less than a week ago. Super Star has an amazingly deep base of some very good spring snow. Ray and I took a run down Bearclaw, which has been closed for a few weeks, we were amazed at how good the snow was. There is a little walking in the middle so it is not for most people, we had a great time. There is probably only 12 more ski days left so get here soon if you would like to get in your last turns of the season. There is a rumor that Killington may stay open weekends only, till Memorial day - it would be nice, I am not counting on it.
with apologies to shortski & the g's, i'd definitely sign up for that. don't know when the weekday thing becomes a big writeoff but it seems like by may it should probably be weekends only. we're up memorial to ski whatever crumbs are left whether there's a lift or not.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Re: Rick's Report

Post by tyrolean_skier »

skiadikt wrote:
Ski-N-Sail wrote:
with apologies to shortski & the g's, i'd definitely sign up for that. don't know when the weekday thing becomes a big writeoff but it seems like by may it should probably be weekends only. we're up memorial to ski whatever crumbs are left whether there's a lift or not.
If there is snow but no lift I will be hiking as well. Maybe we can coordinate and have a hiking party.