Irma

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Re: Irma

Post by Dr. NO »

Pipe Line was shut down, expected lack of fuel sent prices up so the stations could purchase the more expensive fuel. Went up nearly .40 cents / gal within a week. Pipe Line re-opening already so how long before those prices return to normal?

CT does not allow corporate ownership of gas stations so the proprietor or owner of the station must have enough cash (charge tickets) to pay for the next delivery.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Sorry to have raised the gas prices observation, setting off the debate among oil tycoons. :lol:

Thankfully, looks like Irma prefers South Beach or the Outer Banks.
One track had her headed to Michigan :shock:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-0 ... n-lockdown" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
skifaster
Poster Child Poster

Post by skifaster »

Pricing is and always has been based on futures. Whether accurate or not....
"Audaces Fortuna Luvat” Fortune Favors the Bold...
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Back to Irma, models overnight now showing less of a direct hit on FL and turning up the east coast, stay tuned. It could change again, but this is not good for the northeast.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Big Bob wrote:Back to Irma, models overnight now showing less of a direct hit on FL and turning up the east coast, stay tuned. It could change again, but this is not good for the northeast.
NHC wrote:The bulk of the guidance now calls for Irma to turn northward between 78W-80W, moving near or over the
Florida east coast or the northwestern Bahamas. The official forecast has also been shifted eastward, but out of respect for the previous forecast and the possibility the guidance may shift back to the west, it [the NHC forecast] lies to the left of the bulk of the guidance.
Interesting alteration of the current forecast by the Hurricane Center.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

I heard the worst case scenario for Florida is for Irma to "thread the needle" between Cuba and Florida and then make a turn north right into southern Florida.
The forecasted track I saw this morning is exactly this.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

Big Bob wrote:Back to Irma, models overnight now showing less of a direct hit on FL and turning up the east coast, stay tuned. It could change again, but this is not good for the northeast.
I don't see anything anywhere, being stated that it ISN'T gonna hit southern FL, definitely nothing saying it's gonna run offshore up the coastline.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

ME2VTSkier wrote:
I don't see anything anywhere, being stated that it ISN'T gonna hit southern FL, definitely nothing saying it's gonna run offshore up the coastline.
I guess you don't watch the weather channel.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Is oil flowing through the Keystone Pipeline yet, if not-we all know why? These hurricanes in Texas and in Florida is just more proof why we need more oil through projects like the Keystone Pipeline. It will help stabilize and keep gas prices low, keep the U.S. economy growing and prosperous.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

daytripper wrote:
ME2VTSkier wrote:
Yeah, it's been on for 3 days. All model tracks are landfall north/south the length of the peninsula. Nothing offshore of the east coast.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

ME2VTSkier wrote:
daytripper wrote:
ME2VTSkier wrote:
Yeah, it's been on for 3 days. All model tracks are landfall north/south the length of the peninsula. Nothing offshore of the east coast.
That's the cone of uncertainty, last night tracks started shifting east with a few of them now showing landfall in the Carolinas.
TheRat
Blue Chatterbox

Post by TheRat »

My son in Ft. Lauderdale is finishing boarding up his house and heading out later today with anything of value that he can fit in his car plus his dog. From what I've seen thus far, there's a good chance he may not have a house to go back to. He's about 2 miles from the ocean just west of Lauderdale-by-the-Sea.
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound

Post by ME2VTSkier »

Looks to be a mess no matter what. Already cleared the 'Olde Folks out of Ocala, working on the Fort Meyers/Naples crowd now.
9.6.17 1330.jpg
9.6.17 1330.jpg (130.32 KiB) Viewed 573 times
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Couldn't convince my folks to get out. They're on the west coast, but all the way at the bottom on an island. They'll see a bunch of wind damage, but most of the storm surge will avoid them... Hopefully nothing more than a few shingles lost. r*in should move in and out quickly enough to prevent significant flooding issues on the island, due to the permeable sands and boating canals, but localized flooding could cause some concerns. The first floor of the house is 14' above sea level. Second floor is 24' above sea level and has exterior access. Stock the upstairs fridge, bring the gas grille to the second floor, and fill the bathtub...they're riding it out.
ImageImageImageImage