SKI BUM 2017-2018

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

LINYbob
Bumper

Re: SKI BUM 2017-2018

Post by LINYbob »

Looks like DJ Dave had a lifetime personal record on his first run! What happened there?

And the Hatters both got better times on their second runs. Guess you guys got the course dialed in then. Congrats!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

LINYbob wrote:Looks like DJ Dave had a lifetime personal record on his first run! What happened there?

And the Hatters both got better times on their second runs. Guess you guys got the course dialed in then. Congrats!
thanks, I dunno about dialed...we both do a lot better on the icier firmer courses... I overshot every gate yesterday it seemed, even put my hand down in one corner...it's difficult for us to get to the course much before 1pm most weeks...there was a big penalty for that yesterday...most days i feel like it hardly matters...

podium spots are locked down in my class, shooting for 4th now as that's the best I can do...mrs hatter still has a shot at 3rd in her class...

with zero race background and about that much opportunity to practice gates it's tough to really compete w the experienced racers...the flatter, softer and slower the courses are the more the inexperience shows up in times and technique...had a fresh tune and the right wax yesterday and still coulda got passed on the inside by a bus at some of those gates ...

pretty sure we have 3 races left plus whatever they do for finals on march 28th...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

awesome course this week both hatters got on the podium too!!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wfh0UB ... lvaCX/view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

videos have not been posted yet...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.facebook.com/pg/killingtonskibum/posts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

video is up...
mach es sehr schnell

twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

madhatter wrote:awesome course this week both hatters got on the podium too!!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wfh0UB ... lvaCX/view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

videos have not been posted yet...
persistence, nice!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Good afternoon Ski Bums,

Unfortunately, we have had to cancel tomorrow’s Ski Bum race due to the heavy snow. We’ll still be holding the après party at the Garlic from 4pm-7pm tomorrow as originally scheduled.

Enjoy the powder, and please give a shout with any questions!
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Good afternoon Ski Bums,

the Ski Bum after-party at the Garlic has been cancelled as well
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Hope you were able to get out and enjoy the powder last week! This is just a reminder that we will be having the final regular race of the Ski Bum series this coming Wednesday, March 21st. We will not be holding a make-up for last week’s cancelled race.

Those who make it into finals will be notified by email later this week. Should anyone from the first group of eligible finalists decline, we will send invites to the next racer in the season standings. Finals will be held as duals (on a shorter course) on Wednesday, March 28th. We’ll be using the following categories for finals:

-Men Ski

-Women Ski

-Men Snowboard

-Women Snowboard

-Women Tele

-Men Tele

The finalists will be chosen from the top racers in each age category, but finals themselves will be divided into those 6 categories regardless of age.

Good luck this week, and let us know if you have any questions!

James Collins
Event Marketing Coordinator
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

last race of the season results..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QuPucf ... kFcdA/view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

video

https://www.facebook.com/killingtonskib ... 890025686/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

another ski bum season in the books at Killington...Had my best race of the season yesterday (26.xx) and best finish in my class (2nd)...Didn't make the season podium, so many good skiers out there to compete with...A few of the guys in my class are virtually impossible for me to beat, but I am gaining on them...

Thanks to KSC, Chase ( timing), Rick ( announcing) and everyone else who makes this happen...Thanks to all the sponsors and eateries for providing the apres...

ski ya all next season... :D
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

For those that made it or want to watch, Finals will be held next wednesday...more info to follow...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

so not exactly sure how this happened but it did:
Congratulations- you’ve made it into the Ski Bum finals!

Finals will be held on Highline this coming Wednesday, March 28th at 10:00am. Brackets will be announced on Tuesday, March 27th.

If you’d like to keep your spot in the finals, all you need to do is be at Highline at 10:00am on Wednesday. If you’re unable to compete or would like to decline your spot, just respond to this email by Monday, March 26th to let us know. Please keep Alexis (avoutas@killingtonmountainschool.org) copied on your response.

James Collins

Event Marketing Coordinator

Killington/Pico Ski Resort Partners, LLC
4763 Killington Road | Killington, VT 05751

t 802.422.6806

jcollins@killington.com

killington.com | picomountain.com
mach es sehr schnell

MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Me too! :D
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

MrsG wrote:Me too! :D
:like :like
mach es sehr schnell

random1
Blue Chatterbox

Post by random1 »

madhatter wrote:..A few of the guys in my class are virtually impossible for me to beat, but I am gaining on them...

Are you gonna be in the 6 class soon? Seems those guys are even faster!!!!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

random1 wrote:
madhatter wrote:..A few of the guys in my class are virtually impossible for me to beat, but I am gaining on them...

Are you gonna be in the 6 class soon? Seems those guys are even faster!!!!
hahahah, thankfully not for a while...I'm 52...there's some really good racers out there...then there's the hackers like me...

used to be an A and B class before they went to the age categories...
mach es sehr schnell