SKI BUM 2017-2018

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

random1
Blue Chatterbox

Re: SKI BUM 2017-2018

Post by random1 »

madhatter wrote:hahahah, thankfully not for a while...I'm 52...there's some really good racers out there...then there's the hackers like me...

used to be an A and B class before they went to the age categories...
Yeah, the top ten is basically made up of KMS coaches and other guys with extensive racing experience.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... ZwYr2GFvDZ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

doubt I make it too far but it's gonna be a blast and I'm psyched just being in it!!!
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

madhatter wrote:so not exactly sure how this happened but it did:
Congratulations- you’ve made it into the Ski Bum finals!

Finals will be held on Highline this coming Wednesday, March 28th at 10:00am. Brackets will be announced on Tuesday, March 27th.

If you’d like to keep your spot in the finals, all you need to do is be at Highline at 10:00am on Wednesday. If you’re unable to compete or would like to decline your spot, just respond to this email by Monday, March 26th to let us know. Please keep Alexis (avoutas@killingtonmountainschool.org) copied on your response.

James Collins

Event Marketing Coordinator

Killington/Pico Ski Resort Partners, LLC
4763 Killington Road | Killington, VT 05751

t 802.422.6806

jcollins@killington.com

killington.com | picomountain.com
ur gonna be there at 10am?!? :lol:

good luck!
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

This bracket thing going on all day or even a couple days? Good thing we got some extra snow. Good luck to those in the brackets. Seems some have easy 1st rounds (Mr. Smith?, Tucker take your pic which one).
Last edited by Dr. NO on Mar 27th, '18, 15:20, edited 1 time in total.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

skiadikt wrote:
madhatter wrote:so not exactly sure how this happened but it did:
Congratulations- you’ve made it into the Ski Bum finals!

Finals will be held on Highline this coming Wednesday, March 28th at 10:00am. Brackets will be announced on Tuesday, March 27th.

If you’d like to keep your spot in the finals, all you need to do is be at Highline at 10:00am on Wednesday. If you’re unable to compete or would like to decline your spot, just respond to this email by Monday, March 26th to let us know. Please keep Alexis (avoutas@killingtonmountainschool.org) copied on your response.

James Collins

Event Marketing Coordinator

Killington/Pico Ski Resort Partners, LLC
4763 Killington Road | Killington, VT 05751

t 802.422.6806

jcollins@killington.com

killington.com | picomountain.com
ur gonna be there at 10am?!? :lol:

good luck!
we'll be out for first chair actually ...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

What happened to my earlier post :sad:

I'm toast - first run, competitor was a no-show, second, got a one second penalty for missing last gate . . . got beat - oh well, it was fun!!!!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

final results...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... Xql_tlOHlG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

finals video part 1

https://www.facebook.com/killingtonskib ... 502555558/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

part 2

https://www.facebook.com/killingtonskib ... 569220318/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

again thanks to EVERYONE who made this happen and everyone who turned out to watch and/or participate...

there were some really good racers out there yesterday and I learned a lot watching and racing w them... :Toast
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

some stills I pulled from what was arguably my best race of the day...

this was in the quarterfinals and the guy I went against was AWESOME, he won the whole thing and whipped me by 1.57s in the first race so it was already over before this race began...Nonetheless it was great to lineup vs one of the top guys in a real race...

wow I got a great start...it's timed so ya don;t actually have to start at the same time but the video indicates we were winding up at the close to the same time...

duh WTF??? little too much adrenaline maybe? so much for that great start..

quick recovery...

wait what I'm starting my next turn already!!!

holy frijole I was lucky to get back on my game there...

starting to get that tuck down, staying tight to the gate and wow I'm ahead...

focus focus focus making my turns nice and early...holding that tuck...

still a little advantage..

still hanging on...

oooh nice and tight around that gate...

side by side tucking hard...

neck and neck...

uh oh that left hand is down something is going wrong....

late getting that left hand back down the course...

it's coming around but I'm late for the gate and scrubbing speed..

got it in there pretty tight but you can see the snow showers of speed being scrubbed...

uh WTF ya doing watching the eventual winner cross the line instead of charging for the finish yourself???

and just like that hope vanishes...

and loser...

I didn't know I was supposed to race for third but I was lucky to get as far as I did and very unlikely to beat that guy anyway...

nonetheless it was an excellent learning experience and I was so psyched to be part of the whole thing...
mach es sehr schnell