DOJ-NSD FISA spying on Trump campaign...VERY BIG DEAL

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: DOJ-NSD FISA spying on Trump campaign...VERY BIG DEAL

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:DO you ever like read or watch the news? have you ever actually researched ANYTHING? or do you just go w whatever your master tells you?

Anyone who is even remotely informed doesn't need to be told all this...seriously I remember all this sh!t off the top of my head... I only quote link to it so I don't have to listen to your snarky cries for "proof"...someone has to try and find a cure for TDS...I can see reality won't do the trick though...I'll keep trying to help you anyway...
On one hand you say I'm clueless and don't read/watch anything apparenlty you filed to read that too... I asked if you ever read/watch THE NEWS...I also asked if you;ve ever researched ANYTHING, ya know all on yer own, looking at both sides of the argument from an objective perspective...and on the other you say I do what my master tells me. I get that you consume tons of propaganda, that's where the "do what they tell you thing comes in"... Anyone ever tell you that you speak out of both sides of your mouth sometimes? :D always so desperate to get a dig at me yet all you dois end up talking out yer @ss...

I don't know how anyone can position the Comey announcement in October as anything other than helping Trump ... yet here both of you are :shock:
no one said it hurt him...you however pondered why when it's all been said before...you insisted that there would be no investigation into the clinton emails, it's been ongoing and in hiatus until the release of the mueller report apparently...

" orange man bad" seems to be your driver as to what's true or not...if it doesn't fit the "orange man bad" narrative yer not interested and in fact yer quick to naysay...that's where the defend your masters thing comes in...

so just to recap, there is a continuing investigation into clinton emails, there is a continuing investigation into the FISA warrant abuse and comey is deeply involved in both of those...

TDS is a terrible thing, please help find a cure...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

madhatter wrote:so just to recap, there is a continuing investigation into clinton emails, there is a continuing investigation into the FISA warrant abuse and comey is deeply involved in both of those...
We agree to disagree on the emails. You think Comey is going to pay for the email scandal and I don't ... I guess we'll see. FISA is a different story ...

I've previously posted about how completely ridiculous the e-mail scandal was and how Hillary should have been charged, but don't let that get in the way of building that straw man :Toast .
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:so just to recap, there is a continuing investigation into clinton emails, there is a continuing investigation into the FISA warrant abuse and comey is deeply involved in both of those...
We agree to disagree on the emails. You think Comey is going to pay for the email scandal and I don't ... I guess we'll see. FISA is a different story ...

I've previously posted about how completely ridiculous the e-mail scandal was and how Hillary should have been charged, but don't let that get in the way of building that straw man :Toast .
keep parsing yer almost there...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house ... -it-anyway" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Comey is likely to spend the rest of his life in jail.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Highway Star wrote:Comey is likely to spend the rest of his life in jail.
:lol: for what crime?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

madhatter wrote:https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/449206-fbi-warned-early-and-often-that-manafort-file-might-be-fake-used-it-anyway
Pulling a hatter here ....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/449206-fbi-warned-early-and-often-that-manafort-file-might-be-fake-used-it-anyway
Pulling a hatter here ....fantasize all you want...
fact:
FBI, warned early and often that Manafort file might be fake, used it anyway
mach es sehr schnell

Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

So I'd say you Trumpettes need to pump the brakes on the whole Comey et al are going to jail thing:
Christopher Steele, the former British spy behind the infamous “dossier” on President Donald Trump’s ties to Russia, was interviewed for 16 hours in June by the Justice Department’s internal watchdog, according to two people familiar with the matter.
The interview was contentious at first, the sources added, but investigators ultimately found Steele’s testimony credible and even surprising. The takeaway has irked some U.S. officials interviewed as part of the probe — they argue that it shouldn’t have taken a foreign national to convince the inspector general that the FBI acted properly in 2016. Steele’s American lawyer was present for the conversation.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politi ... oj-1403318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:So I'd say you Trumpettes need to pump the brakes on the whole Comey et al are going to jail thing:
Christopher Steele, the former British spy behind the infamous “dossier” on President Donald Trump’s ties to Russia, was interviewed for 16 hours in June by the Justice Department’s internal watchdog, according to two people familiar with the matter.
The interview was contentious at first, the sources added, but investigators ultimately found Steele’s testimony credible and even surprising. The takeaway who's takeaway? the author? BFD...has irked some U.S. officials interviewed as part of the probe — they argue that it shouldn’t have taken a foreign national to convince the inspector general that the FBI acted properly in 2016. Steele’s American lawyer was present for the conversation.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politi ... oj-1403318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
here's the actual quote from rueters
One of the two sources said Horowitz’s investigators appear to have found Steele’s information sufficiently credible to have to extend the investigation. Its completion date is now unclear.
which is still anonymous...

we also know that steele testified in london that the dossier was unverified...

we already know that comey signed a FISA application vowing the info in the warrant was verified...he then later told trump it was salacious and unverified...

One of those is lie...

we also know that reluctant witnesses have recently come fwd, but sure it's just more trumpette conspiracy....nothing to it, not even a smidgen...

the sad part is you TDS idiots contort yourselves into the most grotesque positions in order to make excuses for the blatant misuse of power...simply because your ideology insists you do...

you gotta do what they tell you...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Former FBI Director James Comey has been under investigation for misleading President Trump - telling him in private that he wasn't the target of an ongoing FBI probe, while refusing to admit to this in public.

According to RealClearInvestigations' Paul Sperry, "Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz will file a report in September which contains evidence that Comey was misleading the president" while conducting an active investigation against him.

Even as he repeatedly assured Trump that he was not a target, the former director was secretly trying to build a conspiracy case against the president, while at times acting as an investigative agent. -RCI

According to two US officials familiar with Horowitz's upcoming report on FBI misconduct, Comey was essentially "running a covert operation" against Trump - which began with a private "defensive briefing" shortly after the inauguration. RCI's sources say that Horowitz has pored over text messages between the FBI's former top-brass and other communications suggesting that Comey was in fact conducting a "counterintelligence assessment" of the president during their January 2017 meeting in New York.

What's more, Comey had an FBI agent in the White House who reported the activities of Trump and his aides, according to 'other officials familiar with the matter.'

The agent, Anthony Ferrante, who specialized in cyber crime, left the White House around the same time Comey was fired and soon joined a security consulting firm, where he contracted with BuzzFeed to lead the news site's efforts to verify the Steele dossier, in connection with a defamation lawsuit. -RCI

According to the report, Horowitz and his team have examined over 1 million documents and conducted over 100 interviews - including sit-downs with Comey and other current and former FBI and DOJ employees. "The period covering Comey’s activities is believed to run from early January 2017 to early May 2017, when Comey was fired and his deputy Andrew McCabe, as the acting FBI director, formally opened full counterintelligence and obstruction investigations of the president."

McCabe’s deputy, Lisa Page, appeared to dissemble last year when asked in closed-door testimony before the House Judiciary Committee if Comey and other FBI brass discussed opening an obstruction case against Trump prior to his firing in May 2017. Initially, she flatly denied it, swearing: “Obstruction of justice was not a topic of conversation during the time frame you have described.” But then, after conferring with her FBI-assigned lawyer, she announced: “I need to take back my prior statement.” Page later conceded that there could have been at least “discussions about potential criminal activity” involving the president. -RCI

Comey coordination

Sperry notes that Comey wasn't working in isolation on the Trump effort. In particular, Horowitz has looked at the January 6, 2017 briefing on the infamous 'Steele Dossier' - a meeting which was used by BuzzFeed, CNN and others to legitimize reporting on the dossier's salacious and unsubstantiated claims.

Comey’s meeting with Trump took place one day after the FBI director met in the Oval Office with President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden to discuss how to brief Trump — a meeting attended by National Security Adviser Susan Rice, Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson, Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates and National Intelligence Director James Clapper, who would soon go to work for CNN. -RCI

While Comey claims in his book, "A Higher Loyalty" that he didn't have "a counterintelligence case file open on [Trump]," former federal prosecutor and National Review columnist Andrew McCarthy notes that just because Trump's name wasn't on a formal file or surveillance warrant doesn't mean that he wasn't under investigation.

"They were hoping to surveil him incidentally, and they were trying to make a case on him," said McCarthy. "The real reason Comey did not want to repeat publicly the assurances he made to Trump privately is that these assurances were misleading. The FBI strung Trump along, telling him he was not a suspect while structuring the investigation in accordance with the reality that Trump was the main subject."

What's more, the FBI couldn't treat Trump as a suspect - formally, as they didn't have the legal grounds to do so according to former FBI counterintelligence lawyer Mark Wauck. "They had no probable cause against Trump himself for ‘collusion’ or espionage," he said, adding "They were scrambling to come up with anything to hang a hat on, but had found nothing."

What remains unclear is why Comey would take such extraordinary steps against a sitting president. The Mueller report concluded there was no basis for the Trump-Russia collusion conspiracy theories. Comey himself was an early skeptic of the Steele dossier -- the opposition research memos paid for by Hillary Clinton’s campaign that were the road map of collusion theories – which he dismissed as “salacious and unverified.” -RCI

According to House Intelligence Committee Vice Chairman Devin Nunes (R-CA), Comey and the rest of the FBI's top team (including Peter Strzok and Lisa Page) were attempting to "stop" Trump's presidency for political reasons.

"You have the culmination of the ultimate spying, where you have the FBI director spying on the president, taking notes [and] illegally leaking those notes of classified information" to the MSM, said Nunes in a recent interview.

Read the rest of Sperry's report here.
eventually heads will roll...odds are good comey's will be among them...deservedly so...
mach es sehr schnell

Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

The Justice Department has decided against prosecuting former FBI Director James Comey for leaking classified information following a referral from the department’s inspector general, sources familiar with the deliberations told Fox News.

“Everyone at the DOJ involved in the decision said it wasn’t a close call,” one official said. “They all thought this could not be prosecuted.”

Comey penned memos memorializing his interactions with President Trump in the days leading up to his firing. He then passed those documents to a friend, Columbia University Law Professor Daniel Richman, who gave them to The New York Times. Comey admitted to that arrangement during congressional testimony.

After the fact, the FBI classified two of those memos as “confidential.”

DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz had referred Comey for potential prosecution as part of an internal review.

But one of the key factors leading to the DOJ declining to prosecute apparently was the fact that the two memos were labeled “confidential” after he set in motion the chain of events that led to them ending up with the press.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-wi ... ral-source" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As expected. It seems very doubtful at this point that anyone at the FBI will be prosecuted for alleged crimes relating to the Russia investigation, alleged FISA abuse, etc. I imagine Barr will pen some strongly worded letter in defense of his boss and that's about all it will amount to.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:
The Justice Department has decided against prosecuting former FBI Director James Comey for leaking classified information following a referral from the department’s inspector general, sources familiar with the deliberations told Fox News.

“Everyone at the DOJ involved in the decision said it wasn’t a close call,” one official said. “They all thought this could not be prosecuted.”

Comey penned memos memorializing his interactions with President Trump in the days leading up to his firing. He then passed those documents to a friend, Columbia University Law Professor Daniel Richman, who gave them to The New York Times. Comey admitted to that arrangement during congressional testimony.

After the fact, the FBI classified two of those memos as “confidential.”

DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz had referred Comey for potential prosecution as part of an internal review.

But one of the key factors leading to the DOJ declining to prosecute apparently was the fact that the two memos were labeled “confidential” after he set in motion the chain of events that led to them ending up with the press.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-wi ... ral-source" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As expected. It seems very doubtful at this point that anyone at the FBI will be prosecuted for alleged crimes relating to the Russia investigation, alleged FISA abuse, etc. I imagine Barr will pen some strongly worded letter in defense of his boss and that's about all it will amount to.
while you are obviously giddy with glee over this....
The concerns stem from the fact that one memo that Comey leaked to a friend specifically to be published by the media — as he admitted in congressional testimony — contained information classified at the lowest level of “confidential,” and that classification was made by the FBI after Comey had transmitted the information, the sources said.

Although a technical violation, the DOJ did not want to “make its first case against the Russia investigators with such thin margins and look petty and vindictive,” a source told me, explaining the DOJ’s rationale.

But Comey and others inside the FBI and the DOJ during his tenure still face legal jeopardy in ongoing probes by the IG and Barr-appointed special prosecutor John Durham. Those investigations are focused on the origins of the Russia investigation that included a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant targeting the Trump campaign at the end of the 2016 election, the source said.

“There are significant issues emerging with how the FISA was handled and other conduct in the investigation, and everyone involved remains under scrutiny,” a second source said.

Patrick Fitzgerald and Daniel Richman, two of Comey’s lawyers, and Keith Urbahn, his spokesman, did not return repeated calls and emails seeking comment.

The lack of prosecution is certain to demoralize some conservatives, who long have called for Comey’s head. But the IG report, set to be released within the next few weeks, likely will provide significant condemnations of Comey’s conduct, sources tell me.

While they cautioned that the IG’s final report won’t be complete until it gets feedback from Comey’s lawyers in the next few days, it is expected to conclude that the former FBI director improperly took with him memos that were FBI property when he was fired, transmitted classified information via an insecure email account, and shared some of the memos with his private lawyers. Some of the Comey memos were classified up to the “secret” level, but the FBI has not disclosed whether those were shared with his lawyers like the classified confidential memo was.

The memos, which mostly recount Comey’s interactions with Trump in the Russia case and include information about foreign leaders, were sensitive enough to require government officials to send a professional “scrub team” to a Comey lawyer’s office to ensure all classified information was deleted, sources previously told me.

In addition, the IG is likely to find that Comey engaged in a lack of candor when FBI agents came to retrieve the classified memos in his possession, failing to tell the interviewing agent that he had forwarded some of the sensitive memos by email, according to sources familiar with the probe.

Documents released Thursday by the FBI to the conservative group Judicial Watch support that conclusion, showing the FBI report on its meeting with Comey at his home to recover the memos made no mention that the ex-director had forwarded the memos on to others.

The revelations are likely to dent Comey’s carefully manicured image as a law-and-order FBI director who was fired for standing up to Trump.

The IG concluded in prior investigations that Comey’s firing was not driven by Trump’s fears about the Russia investigation ruining his presidency but, rather, by DOJ concerns about Comey’s performance in the Hillary Clinton email probe. Horowitz concluded that Comey wrongly “usurped” the authority of the attorney general when, on July 5, 2016, he announced he would not seek criminal charges against Clinton for transmitting classified information — some of it top secret — on her insecure private email server.

That IG report also chided Comey for criticizing Clinton’s email practices as reckless without filing charges and for improperly announcing the reopening of the email probe in late October 2016, just a few weeks before Election Day when Clinton and Trump were locked in a tight race.

Ironically, Comey’s decision not to charge Clinton for violating the Espionage Act for mishandling classified information on her email server mirrors the same rationale that Barr’s DOJ applied in declining prosecution of him: a lack of evidence of intent.

That won’t be lost on conservatives, who almost certainly will dislike the DOJ’s Comey decision.

But the IG report, at least, reaffirms what has become painfully clear to Americans the past two years: Comey entered the FBI chief’s job with a reputation for excellence but ran a bureau that suffered from ineptitude, political shenanigans, leaking and significant human failings, all of which sharply contrast with the morality lectures he’s become famous for frequently offering since he was fired.
comey is a POS and needs to fry....anyone making excuses for him is just a much of a POS as he is...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.foxnews.com/media/graham-ne ... sa-warrant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Did James Clapper just confirm that Obama directly ordered the spying on Trump?

https://twitter.com/JoeySalads/status/1 ... 0525114370" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper has already said 'we were just following orders' from Obama - telling CNN "it’s kind of disconcerting now to be investigated for having done our duty and done what we were told to do by the president."
virtually impossible to dispute this evidence...

Lisa Page will be among the first to face charges...

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/fbi ... shot-order" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Agent notes say Flynn wasn't sure he spoke to Kislyak on the UN vote.

The 302 says different.

View image on Twitter

The edits explained via The Federalist:

“On February 10, 2017, the news broke—attributed to ‘senior intelligence officials’—that Mr. Flynn had discussed sanctions with Ambassador Kislyak, contrary to what Vice President Pence had said on television previously.” Following this leak, “overnight,” Flynn’s 302 was changed—and substantively so. “Those changes added an unequivocal statement that ‘FLYNN stated he did not’—in response to whether Mr. Flynn had asked Kislyak to vote in a certain manner or slow down the UN vote.”

“This is a deceptive manipulation” Powell highlighted, “because, as the notes of the agents show, Mr. Flynn was not even sure he had spoken to Russia/Kislyak on this issue. He had talked to dozens of countries.” The overnight changes to the 302 also included the addition of a line, indicating Flynn had been question on whether “KISLYAK described any Russian response to a request by FLYNN.”

But the agent’s notes do not include that question or answer, Powell stressed, yet it was later made into the criminal offense charges against Flynn. And “the draft also shows that the agents moved a sentence to make it seem to be an answer to a question it was not,” Powell added.
Leading up to the interview with Flynn, the text messages reveal that the FBI wanted to capitalize on news of the 'salacious and unverified' Steele dossier - and whether they "can use it as a pretext to go interview some people," Strzok texted Page.

Then, quoting from a sealed statement by Strzok, Powell reveals that over next two weeks, there were “many meetings” between Strzok and [FBI Deputy Director Andrew] McCabe to discuss “whether to interview [] National Security Advisor Michael Flynn and if so, what interview strategies to use.” And “on January 23, the day before the interview, the upper echelon of the FBI met to orchestrate it all. Deputy Director McCabe, General Counsel James Baker, Lisa Page, Strzok, David Bowdich, Trish Anderson, and Jen Boone strategized to talk with Mr. Flynn in such a way as to keep from alerting him from understanding that he was being interviewed in a criminal investigation of which he was the target.”

Next came “Comey’s direction to ‘screw it’ in contravention of longstanding DOJ protocols,” leading McCabe to personally call Flynn to schedule the interview. Yet none of Comey’s notes on the decision to interview Flynn were turned over to defense. Even Obama-holdover “Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates candidly opined that the interview ‘was problematic’ and ‘it was not always clear what the FBI was doing to investigate Flynn,” Powell stressed. Yet again, the prosecution did not turn over Yates’ notes, but only “disclosed a seven-line summary of Ms. Yates statement six months after Mr. Flynn’s plea.” -The Federalist
not that any of this hasn't long been known by anyone who was even remotely interested in knowing...

that 302 was discussed here many months ago ( and denied by leftists as fake news)

looks like things are about to get real for ya...

but apparently they were all just doing what obama told them to do...

gee who woulda thunk?
mach es sehr schnell