SHUT IT DOWN!!!!! Trump will set a record.

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: SHUT IT DOWN!!!!! Trump will set a record.

Post by Bubba »

Kpdemello wrote:No, I think Trump's offer was horse sh*t. But the Dems should be the adults and make a reasonable counter offer. Instead, they are sinking to his level and just demanding something without putting anything on the table.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I'm not sure they have any reason to do anything other than what they're doing. Trump broke it, claimed ownership in advance, so now he owns it in the public mind. The public recognizes his antics and so continues to pin blame on Trump. Not sure what will change that perception. Fact is, Trump painted himself into a corner in his own Oval Office and has no easy way out. Why should the Democrats help?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

See i disagree. I think the dems are earning some serious antipathy with the public. Its just that the public blames Trump more. If they play it wrong, and right now i think they're in danger of doing so, the public outrage will be directed to dems, too. In short the dems look almost as bad as Trump right now.

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Kpdemello wrote:See i disagree. I think the dems are earning some serious antipathy with the public. Its just that the public blames Trump more. If they play it wrong, and right now i think they're in danger of doing so, the public outrage will be directed to dems, too. In short the dems look almost as bad as Trump right now.

White House, Democrats Float Proposals to End Shutdown, but Wide Gaps Remain - The Wall Street Journal
https://apple.news/ALKCg8ncmQpCSe0BxHyP7Aw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Unfortunately I can't read the article - paywall

brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Huh :shock: .. nobody could ever look as bad as Trump .. now or likely ever.

Negotiations become impossible once ultimatums are issued.
The democrats grabbed him by the pussy.
You reap what you sow (Galatians 6:7)

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Highway Star wrote:Just a fair warning to everyone. Trump loves playing chicken and doesn't give a DAMN about the federal government shutting down. He could let it shut down for 6 months, easily.
Whoop... this prediction didn't hold up too well :mrgreen:
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Kpdemello wrote:
Highway Star wrote:Just a fair warning to everyone. Trump loves playing chicken and doesn't give a DAMN about the federal government shutting down. He could let it shut down for 6 months, easily.
Whoop... this prediction didn't hold up too well :mrgreen:

Wow Trump is now Pelosi's BITCH!!! And Highway cum-Store is Pelosi's bitch too apparently...
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Apparently, if you want to end a government shutdown, just close LaGuardia and Newark.
All two of Drumph's remaining friends called him to complain they couldn't get to Palm Springs for the weekend.

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path