The Beast Joins IKON!

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

boston_e
Postaholic

Re: The Beast Joins IKON!

Post by boston_e »

brownman wrote:.. So .. the value proposition on a K pass is Opening day lift access to a stairway down to a trail. Got It. :roll:
Factor in a bike pass and the 'discount' angle .. may have merit for those who are tethered here.

:Toast
And unlimited access to both Killington and Pico of course. What good is 7 days of skiing to a Killington regular? (Exactly my point that the IKON does nothing for the Killington regular)
Don't Killington Pico
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

brownman wrote:.. So .. the value proposition on a K pass is Opening day lift access to a stairway down to a trail. Got It. :roll:
Factor in a bike pass and the 'discount' angle .. may have merit for those who are tethered here.

:Toast
Ya no real need for a IKON if you own property here.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Any info on the reason the Max Pass was discontinued?
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

It seems to me the IKON pass without an add-on option along with the discontinuation of the Max Pass will essentially push next season's K pass holders towards the Epic (probably local) pass if looking for similar value to this season's Max Pass add-on.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

I am looking at the Boyne Bronze pass or Bronze plus and down grading my Killington Pass to a midweek from a full pass. The new Ikon does not interest me at all. I wish somebody would come up with a good muti area eastern pass. This new pass is clearly aimed at the western skier and tries to lure a few easterners west. The MAXX Pass had enough eastern areas where I have bought it since it started.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

hillbangin wrote:SO NO ADD ON?????????????????????????????????

FROM THE TOP :: KILLINGTON AND THE IKON PASS
SHARE:
Posted by Mike Solimano on February 23, 2018

I’ve been closely monitoring the feedback we’ve received regarding the Ikon Pass details released yesterday and I wanted to clarify a few items related to Killington’s passes and our participation in the Ikon Pass.

First, Killington will still offer its season passes, and info about our 2018/19 passes will be announced soon. Our Unlimited season pass continues to deliver the best value for everyday Killington skiers because it provides access to the mountain earlier and later than anyone else in the East, the best variety of terrain spread across our seven peaks, including Pico Mountain, perks such as exclusive opening day access, and discounts on dining, retail purchases, snow sports lessons, summer activities and more.

The Ikon Pass is not designed for Killington’s everyday skiers, nor is it a substitute for our Unlimited or Midweek season pass. Rather, it is designed to provide a different way for guests to experience Killington alongside a number of other phenomenal destinations throughout North America.

Second, the Ikon Pass was never intended to replace the MAX Pass, which was discontinued. When it became clear that there was not going to be the possibility of a like replacement to the MAX pass, and after weighing all of the gives and takes, I decided that it was a phenomenal opportunity to join in with Alterra on a multi-resort pass that provides access to so many world-class destinations.

We are honored to be included on the Ikon Pass with so many other amazing destinations and look forward to welcoming Ikon Pass holders to Killington beginning next season.

Think snow,
Mike
Kick in the pants with a big fu to loyal Killington pass holders from Killington's parent company...AGAIN! God Powdr phucking sucks dicks.
ImageImageImageImage
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Stormchaser wrote:

SHARE:

I’ve been closely monitoring the feedback we’ve received regarding the Ikon Pass details released yesterday and I wanted to clarify a few items related to Killington’s passes and our participation in the Ikon Pass.

First, Killington will still offer its season passes, and info about our 2018/19 passes will be announced soon. Our Unlimited season pass continues to deliver the best value for everyday Killington skiers because it provides access to the mountain earlier and later than anyone else in the East, the best variety of terrain spread across our seven peaks, including Pico Mountain, perks such as exclusive opening day access, and discounts on dining, retail purchases, snow sports lessons, summer activities and more.

The Ikon Pass is not designed for Killington’s everyday skiers, nor is it a substitute for our Unlimited or Midweek season pass. Rather, it is designed to provide a different way for guests to experience Killington alongside a number of other phenomenal destinations throughout North America.

Second, the Ikon Pass was never intended to replace the MAX Pass, which was discontinued. When it became clear that there was not going to be the possibility of a like replacement to the MAX pass, and after weighing all of the gives and takes, I decided that it was a phenomenal opportunity to join in with Alterra on a multi-resort pass that provides access to so many world-class destinations.

We are honored to be included on the Ikon Pass with so many other amazing destinations and look forward to welcoming Ikon Pass holders to Killington beginning next season.

Think snow,
Mike
Kick in the pants with a big fu to loyal Killington pass holders from Killington's parent company...AGAIN! God Powdr phucking sucks dicks.
Really that's nothing new.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Stormchaser wrote:

SHARE:

Think snow,
Mike
In fairness, I don't think this is Powdr's or Mike's decision. It sounds as if Alterra is driving the bus and all the partner resorts can choose to join or not. I agree that an add on option would be nice, but there does not seem to be one anywhere, so I'm guessing Alterra just said "no add on".
Last edited by boston_e on Feb 26th, '18, 10:13, edited 1 time in total.
Don't Killington Pico
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Big Bob wrote: I wish somebody would come up with a good muti area eastern pass.
I suggested to Killington that it would be great if they could come up with some sort of limited reciprocal benefits between Okemo and Sugarbush. Even 2 days at each resort as "Extra" beyond your "home mountain" pass, would be enough to let people "mix it up" a couple of times a season for if they want a change of scenery.
Don't Killington Pico
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

It looks like Sugarbush will also be on the Mountain Collective next year and offer the add-on.

It’ll be interesting to see how many of the Ikon “limited” resorts also join the Mountain Collective.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

boston_e wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:

SHARE:

Think snow,
Mike
In fairness, I don't think this is Powdr's or Mike's decision. It sounds as if Alterra is driving the bus and all the partner resorts can choose to join or not. I agree that an add on option would be nice, but there does not seem to be one anywhere, so I'm guessing Alterra just said "no add on".
Powdr obviously feels it's Copper Mountain pass holders should pay $899 for a season pass to Copper, which allows them to ski all over North America, but Powdr feels Killington's season pass holders should pay the same $899, and can choose to ski only at their home mountain for the season OR all over North America with just a week at home. The difference is disgustingly staggering. I get that Powdr thinks they can compete with Vail in the West and need to make Colorado unlimited to do so, but the Vermont market for Vail isn't there yet, so it's not needed at Killington. Here's an idea John, start thinking about your customers instead of being infatuated with competing with Vail; your business will thank you for it. I'd love to see Vail grab Jay and Burke; then just watch, Vail will f*** him again in the East. Can K just secede now?
ImageImageImageImage
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Stormchaser wrote:
boston_e wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:

SHARE:

Think snow,
Mike
Powdr obviously feels it's Copper Mountain pass holders should pay $899 for a season pass to Copper, which allows them to ski all over North America, but Powdr feels Killington's season pass holders should pay the same $899, and can choose to ski only at their home mountain for the season OR all over North America with just a week at home. The difference is disgustingly staggering. I get that Powdr thinks they can compete with Vail in the West and need to make Colorado unlimited to do so, but the Vermont market for Vail isn't there yet, so it's not needed at Killington. Here's an idea John, start thinking about your customers instead of being infatuated with competing with Vail; your business will thank you for it. I'd love to see Vail grab Jay and Burke; then just watch, Vail will f*** him again in the East. Can K just secede now?
Bingo - we are screwed - destined for mediocrity - Great Mountain Ops, Shitty Lifts, Shitty Lodges, and the Shitty World Cup that has not gotten us any toys - just lots of publicity for the Utah Brats.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

FWIW: Don't forget that Killington dropped it's season pass price for us (yes, I know, not for the blackout pass herbs) last year partly in response to similar things as the IKON pass (e.g., the Max Pass).

That put a net $150 or so in my pocket last year.

I suspect the K pass price will remain lower than it was this year as well.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Captain Hafski wrote:FWIW: Don't forget that Killington dropped it's season pass price for us (yes, I know, not for the blackout pass herbs) last year partly in response to similar things as the IKON pass (e.g., the Max Pass).

Indeed. The Killington pass and Pico pass price points are reasonable.

Let’s be honest too... if the Max Pass had never existed, this Ikon pass would have come out and it would have just seemed like an interesting product not geared towards a Killington regular. I think people are a bit put off as it feels like a step down from being able to do the Max Pass add on.
Don't Killington Pico
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

boston_e wrote:
Captain Hafski wrote:FWIW: Don't forget that Killington dropped it's season pass price for us (yes, I know, not for the blackout pass herbs) last year partly in response to similar things as the IKON pass (e.g., the Max Pass).

Indeed. The Killington pass and Pico pass price points are reasonable.

Let’s be honest too... if the Max Pass had never existed, this Ikon pass would have come out and it would have just seemed like an interesting product not geared towards a Killington regular. I think people are a bit put off as it feels like a step down from being able to do the Max Pass add on.
I'm a bit put off because all of POWturds money is being dumped into the west - and now we can't leave our home resort without paying full boat - I can't even go to freaking Copper for free - not that I'd waste the jet fuel for it.