The Beast Joins IKON!

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

icedtea
Guru Poster

Re: The Beast Joins IKON!

Post by icedtea »

PinnacleJim wrote:Frankly, I don't see that anything has changed. For the last number of years, Copper has been on the RMSP along with Winter Park and Steamboat (with the + version). Same next year with the IKON pass only with more options and a higher price. If Stratton had been unlimited on the basic IKON pass, that might have driven eastern pass prices down a bit, but that didn't happen. Looks like Killington regulars are in essentially the same situation as last year only we lost the MAX add-on. However with a Copper or Keystone/A-Basin 4-pack at under $200, I don't see that as a big loss.
Eldora gets no love.
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
GlacierBoy
Black Carver

Post by GlacierBoy »

The Mountain Collective pricing $409 (incr. $10 from 2017) as announced today. Big Sky was added. I noticed that Telluride was missing.

Missed in all this discussion, it turns out that Telluride is now part of the Epic! Interesting, huh? Telluride has had terrible snow conditions in recent years.

http://www.tellurideskiresort.com/happy ... epic-pass/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is important to note that Telluride Ski Resort remains 100% independently owned. Vail Resorts has no ownership interest in Telluride Ski Resort. This is strictly an alliance with the Epic Pass. The associated benefits will begin for the 2018-19 winter season.

Here’s a quick breakdown of what you can expect:

All Telluride Season Pass holders and TSG Club members with full winter benefits will receive 50% off daily lift tickets at all Vail Resorts-owned mountains. Season Passes include: Adult, Child, Junior, Young Adult, Senior, Palmyra, Merchant, Lifetime and Telluride Ski & Golf Club members with full winter benefits.
Only top-tier Epic Pass holders (Epic Pass, Epic 7-Day, Epic 4-Day) will receive access in Telluride. This alliance does not include the Epic Local or Value Passes.
After the current 2017-18 winter season, Telluride Ski Resort will no longer be part of the Mountain Collective
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Seeing commercials on TBS for the pass.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

SnoBrdr wrote:Seeing commercials on TBS for the pass.
Saw commercial on AMC in central NJ yesterday...
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

K now has the IKON pass advertised on its home page. Shocked Killington is promoting competition to it's own pass products. Marketing failure 101...give Alterra your money, but ski here for 7 days...what a joke. Like anyone unfamiliar with Killington is going to return and spend money on the run down, second-class offerings presented. Who makes these asinine decisions?
ImageImageImageImage
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

IKON Pass at Costco for $999 with a 20% Costco Cash Card upon registration...

https://www.costco.com/IKON-Pass-2018/2 ... 23693.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by da Pimp »

I think that giving Alterra more visibility at Killington is a good thing. There must be a future with Alterra, and they want to grow or nurture that relationship.

Could be a first step towards a closer relationship for next season. Does not hurt the customer, and can only help for future decisions. Our unlimited passes still offer what we always had. It's just a case of OME (Other Mountain Envy) right now, amplified by the fact that we can't ski/ride right now so all these decisions are occupying our attention span. When the snow guns start to roar we will all be back to focusing on the new 6 pack, new South Ridge access, new K1 gondola upgrades, trail changes, World Cup.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

da Pimp wrote:It's just a case of OME (Other Mountain Envy) right now....
Actually, it seems like a case of OMNBRBSMC*.

*(Other Mountains Not Being Run By Sucky Management Companies)
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

da Pimp wrote:I think that giving Alterra more visibility at Killington is a good thing. There must be a future with Alterra, and they want to grow or nurture that relationship.

Could be a first step towards a closer relationship for next season. Does not hurt the customer, and can only help for future decisions. Our unlimited passes still offer what we always had. It's just a case of OME (Other Mountain Envy) right now, amplified by the fact that we can't ski/ride right now so all these decisions are occupying our attention span. When the snow guns start to roar we will all be back to focusing on the new 6 pack, new South Ridge access, new K1 gondola upgrades, trail changes, World Cup.
They almost merged this spring..........

It's only a matter of time.