#oneless - most hysterical new antigun meme...

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: #oneless - most hysterical new antigun meme...

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

The claim that the Jews didn’t have guns, which led to their ultimate death or enslavement is the weakest argument I’ve seen. Primarily because Germans had guns prior to and while Hitler rose to power.

Deadheadskiers video hits the nail on the head.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:The claim that the Jews didn’t have guns, which led to their ultimate death or enslavement is the weakest argument I’ve seen. Primarily because Germans had guns prior to and while Hitler rose to power.

Deadheadskiers video hits the nail on the head.hardly... :roll:

..shall not be infringed.
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
I can’t imagine the authors of the 2nd Amendment envisioned such a scenario. Maybe time to admit we have a problem, Egh?

I still don’t understand any legimate use for any style of guns that are designed for anything other than hunting. The solution is certainly not more guns and anyone arguing that having an AK is going to help them defend themselves against the US military is just silly.
The authors of the 2nd amendment envisioned EXACTLY that scenario - the need a for a citizenry capable of their own self defense. You need to understand the freedom from a government taking that basic right away from the people. From your writing it appears you don't understand that. That the founders might have envisioned the British instead of a wacked out teenager is just details. They understood the most basic right of self defense.

You enjoy a peaceful neighborhood and workplace, and you enjoy a military and police force that keeps many of the threats at bay. Why oh why must we get our hands dirty and think about protecting ourselves when these other folks do such an adequate job of it? And you can make the choice to be disarmed. The odds are you won't need a weapon in your lifetime. However it is your right to be prepared, should you choose to do so. Should a threat move into your comfortable world.

Are there fire extinguishers in your house? Why? Why in the world would you want to stay in a burning house and risk death? Why not just run? The fire department will be there in just 4-10 minutes.... And the odds are you won't need it ever anyway.

If students in a school start yanking fire extinguishers off the wall and spray students in the face, an entire classroom of kids with chemicals in their eyes, are we going to start locking up fire extinguishers? Or eliminate readily available extinguishers in the hallways?

As to your other comment, a semi-automatic rifle is a semi-automatic rifle. One trigger pull, one bullet. Same for a revolver or a pistol. It doesn't matter if it looks scary. All guns look scary to me. I can't think of a friendly looking gun.

I think the luxury of your own personal secure feeling blinds you to the needs of those who are not so secure. Should a pilot have a gun? Should a woman who works late and sometimes walks through a parking garage alone? Did the founders envision airborne Islamic terrorism? Did the founders envision women working outside the home late at night?

Who should make that decision to carry for me, for us... you? The ones who can't imagine?
Last edited by Mister Moose on Feb 25th, '18, 08:31, edited 1 time in total.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter wrote: Image
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:The claim that the Jews didn’t have guns, which led to their ultimate death or enslavement is the weakest argument I’ve seen. Primarily because Germans had guns prior to and while Hitler rose to power.

Exactly, the gun-nut argument goes something like this: "The Third Reich easily decimated the armies of Poland, Belgium and France, but somehow if the Jews living in Germany at the time -- less than 1% of the population -- had guns, the Holocaust could have been prevented."
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
madhatter wrote: Image

Exactly, the gun-nut argument goes something like this: "The Third Reich easily decimated the armies of Poland, Belgium and France, but somehow if the Jews living in Germany at the time -- less than 1% of the population -- had guns, the Holocaust could have been prevented."no that's the liberal idiot argument...
you conveniently ignore the numerous times govts disarmed their people then proceeded to kill them by the millions...if each of those "millions" knew what was coming and prepared properly things most certainly would have been different...hindsight may be 20/20 but fortunately for us we have hundreds of years worth of hindsight to draw on...

NO, just NO...end of subject...
mach es sehr schnell

Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Mister Moose wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
I can’t imagine the authors of the 2nd Amendment envisioned such a scenario. Maybe time to admit we have a problem, Egh?

I still don’t understand any legimate use for any style of guns that are designed for anything other than hunting. The solution is certainly not more guns and anyone arguing that having an AK is going to help them defend themselves against the US military is just silly.
The authors of the 2nd amendment envisioned EXACTLY that scenario - the need a for a citizenry capable of their own self defense. You need to understand the freedom from a government taking that basic right away from the people. From your writing it appears you don't understand that. That the founders might have envisioned the British instead of a wacked out teenager is just details. They understood the most basic right of self defense. Here we agree.
Yes, the 2nd Amendment protects our individual right to self defense, but no right is unlimited. The phrase "well regulated militia" clearly shows the framers agreed we have the constitutional right to place limits on keeping and bearing arms.
Mister Moose wrote: Are there fire extinguishers in your house? Why? Why in the world would you want to stay in a burning house and risk death? Why not just run? The fire department will be there in just 4-10 minutes.... And the odds are you won't need it ever anyway.

If students in a school start yanking fire extinguishers off the wall and spray students in the face, an entire classroom of kids with chemicals in their eyes, are we going to start locking up fire extinguishers? Or eliminate readily available extinguishers in the hallways? And yet even fire extinguishers are regulated by the state.

As to your other comment, a semi-automatic rifle is a semi-automatic rifle. One trigger pull, one bullet. and equipped with large capacity magazines, many, many bullets Same for a revolver or a pistol. It doesn't matter if it looks scary. All guns look scary to me. I can't think of a friendly looking gun. Put a bump stock on a semi-automatic rifle and you have an automatic rifle in all but name.
We have the best armed mass killers in the world but we still have the right to do something about it, 2nd Amendment notwithstanding.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

The authors of the 2nd amendment envisioned EXACTLY that scenario - the need a for a citizenry capable of their own self defense. You need to understand the freedom from a government taking that basic right away from the people. From your writing it appears you don't understand that. That the founders might have envisioned the British instead of a wacked out teenager is just details. They understood the most basic right of self defense. Here we agree.
Yes, the 2nd Amendment protects our individual right to self defense, but no right is unlimited. The phrase "well regulated militia" clearly shows the framers agreed we have the constitutional right to place limits on keeping and bearing arms.
Mister Moose wrote: Are there fire extinguishers in your house? Why? Why in the world would you want to stay in a burning house and risk death? Why not just run? The fire department will be there in just 4-10 minutes.... And the odds are you won't need it ever anyway.

If students in a school start yanking fire extinguishers off the wall and spray students in the face, an entire classroom of kids with chemicals in their eyes, are we going to start locking up fire extinguishers? Or eliminate readily available extinguishers in the hallways? And yet even fire extinguishers are regulated by the state.WRONG they are REQUIRED in some places not regulated or restricted....

As to your other comment, a semi-automatic rifle is a semi-automatic rifle. One trigger pull, one bullet. and equipped with large capacity magazines, many, many bullets fired ONE at a time and requiring a separate trigger pull for every one fired...unless one has unlimited ammo and numerous full auto weapons they also are rather ineffective in most situations...they generate a tremendous amount of heat ina short time and blow through a lot of ammo at a buck or more a shot...Same for a revolver or a pistol. exactly... It doesn't matter if it looks scary. All guns look scary to me. I can't think of a friendly looking gun. Put a bump stock on a semi-automatic rifle and you have an automatic rifle in all but name.well that and accuracy...and selective fire...and the ability to use a scope or sight while firing...one could bump fire w/o any add'l equip with a little training and practice...big deal, it's of little value....
We have the best armed mass killers in the world but we still have the right to do something about it, we already have laws...laws that are being ignored or not enforced etc...2nd Amendment notwithstanding.lobby to amend the Constitution then...
mach es sehr schnell

Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

No need to change the 2nd Amendment, we already ban fully automatic weapons and many semi-automatic weapons were previously banned without taking everyone's guns away (besides, didn't Obama already do that?).

And here's a peek at that "little value" bump stock Gump so desperately wants to prohibit:

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:No need to change the 2nd Amendment, we already ban fully automatic weapons and many semi-automatic weapons were previously banned without taking everyone's guns away (besides, didn't Obama already do that?).

And here's a peek at that "little value" bump stock Gump so desperately wants to prohibit:

unless you got money to burn and an unlimited amount of ammo ( and adversaries) it's of very little value to most people...same w full auto...an argument for selective fire/three shot burst could be made but again for the most part not so useful to the avg person...
“But I’ve always thought these bump stocks were just a novelty,” he says. “They’re not that good, and they’re hard as hell to control.”

Paul Valone, the president of Grassroots North Carolina, a nationally influential gun rights organization, agrees.

Bump stocks, says Mr. Valone, “are an amusement, because they don’t under normal circumstances turn an AR-15 or another rifle into a killing machine, because you can’t hit anything with it. Only when you are presented 400 yards away with a field of uninterrupted humanity would something like that even be effective.”
“And the fact is, it may be easier to ban modifications that are not very popular among gun owners,” continues Dr. Winkler, a professor at the University of California, Los Angeles School of Law. “Unlike assault weapons, these bump-stocks are not popular at all, because they make guns highly inaccurate and shooters like to be accurate. The Las Vegas shooter didn’t care much about accuracy.”
mach es sehr schnell

Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter wrote:
unless you got money to burn and an unlimited amount of ammo ( and adversaries) it's of very little value to most people...same w full auto...an argument for selective fire/three shot burst could be made but again for the most part not so useful to the avg person...
“But I’ve always thought these bump stocks were just a novelty,” he says. “They’re not that good, and they’re hard as hell to control.”

Paul Valone, the president of Grassroots North Carolina, a nationally influential gun rights organization, agrees.

Bump stocks, says Mr. Valone, “are an amusement, because they don’t under normal circumstances turn an AR-15 or another rifle into a killing machine, because you can’t hit anything with it. Only when you are presented 400 yards away with a field of uninterrupted humanity would something like that even be effective.”
“And the fact is, it may be easier to ban modifications that are not very popular among gun owners,” continues Dr. Winkler, a professor at the University of California, Los Angeles School of Law. “Unlike assault weapons, these bump-stocks are not popular at all, because they make guns highly inaccurate and shooters like to be accurate. The Las Vegas shooter didn’t care much about accuracy.”
Well this is very good news indeed. There should be no disagreement in banning bump stocks since they have little value to law abiding gun owners and given their low popularity, few will be affected. I say let's all pledge an oath of loyalty to POTUS in his quest to declare bump stocks illegal.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
madhatter wrote:

Well this is very good news indeed. There should be no disagreement in banning bump stocks since they have little value to law abiding gun owners and given their low popularity, few will be affected. I say let's all pledge an oath of loyalty to POTUS in his quest to declare bump stocks illegal.
ehhh I'm not for useless regulations just cuz they don't personally affect me......hard to argue too much against though since I hardly care but given the choice i say no to regulation...
mach es sehr schnell

fowlpox
Beginner On Rentals

Post by fowlpox »

bump firing has been around way before bump stocks. Most just use a rubber band
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVfwFP_RwTQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Coydog wrote: regulated by the state.
Coydog wrote: large capacity magazines *
Coydog wrote: We have the best armed mass killers in the world but we still have the right to do something about it, 2nd Amendment notwithstanding.

Here are 2 videos from Bill Whittle worth watching. The first was produced shortly after Newtown, and is just as relevant today.

"When you make it more easy for predators, you. get. more. predators."

The second is a good discussion on the second amendment itself.

"Muskets were the most lethal weapon in their day"
rsz_2nd_amandment.jpg
rsz_2nd_amandment.jpg (70.87 KiB) Viewed 305 times
"The right of the people to bear arms is not granted by the second amendment. That right is inherent in the People (in a free state) and the second amendment says that the government cannot infringe upon that right."

* It has been demonstrated that with practice magazine size matters little. Magazines can be swapped in just a few seconds. "Many bullets" is not related to magazine size. Even speed loads into a revolver can be extremely rapid. ( I accidentally erased my earlier comments. )
Last edited by Mister Moose on Feb 26th, '18, 15:51, edited 5 times in total.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Ohio Sheriff Offers Free Gun Training To 50 Teachers; Forced To Cap At 300 After Huge Response

"Never Seen Such A Large Crowd": Record Numbers Flock To Florida Gun Show After Shooting;

no way....
mach es sehr schnell