Facebook

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Facebook

Post by Highway Star »

"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Coydog
Guru Poster

Re: Facebook

Post by Coydog »

I always thought he wasn't from this solar system.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

The questions from older Senators like Grassley and Leahy were particularly incisive. They read them directly from scripts their young staffers had prepared. If Zuck had pushed back asking for clarification on the question, those old dogs would have been hard pressed to focus the question. Several "we'll get back to you" replies from the Harvard kid.

2B FB users having friend sex with no protection whatsoever.
What could possibly go wrong? :roll:

The AggregateIQ web portal is a piece of work ..
Overnite, they placed a big disclaimer on their splash page :lol:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Attachments
kMojnYFWJv8dOcryqSDvEhz-Pl9xrsPMopV4tZfAGPs.png
kMojnYFWJv8dOcryqSDvEhz-Pl9xrsPMopV4tZfAGPs.png (403.57 KiB) Viewed 1143 times
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

it tweaks the algorithm or it gets the hose again...

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

PRETTY CREEPY!!!

https://pjmedia.com/trending/facebook-w ... -break-up/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Highway Star wrote:PRETTY CREEPY!!!

https://pjmedia.com/trending/facebook-w ... -break-up/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What’s creepy about this?
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Highway Star wrote:PRETTY CREEPY!!!

What’s creepy about this?
That's why HS won't actually ever leave K.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

BOOM!

So, Trump loses a Billion dollars and he's a failure.

Zuckerburg loses $90 Billion and he's.................................?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/facebook-s ... 1532612135" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Highway Star wrote:BOOM!

So, Trump loses a Billion dollars and he's a failure.

Zuckerburg loses $90 Billion and he's.................................?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/facebook-s ... 1532612135" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I can’t speak to what Trump lost, but the article speaks of $90B in market value. Zuck’s part of this is about 10% which is illiquid.
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Also kind of apples and oranges when you consider Zuck has enough money to buy Trump and all his holdings about 20 times over.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Kpdemello wrote:Also kind of apples and oranges when you consider Zuck has enough money to buy Trump and all his holdings about 20 times over.
I doubt he actually has that kind of cash.

His $$$ is mostly in FB stock, which if he tried to sell to get more $$, would quickly nosedive.
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

The same can be said for most people with that kind of net worth. Trump for instance has a lot of assets tied up in his real estate that is largely illiquid. But I was merely pointing out that Trump, whose net worth is estimated at ~3 billion, is not in the same category of uber rich as Zuck, whose net worth is estimated at something like 77 billion.

For Zuck, losing a billion is like a rounding error, whereas for Trump it's 1/3 of his fortune. So its kind of not the same thing. Even if we assume Zuck personally lost $9 bil, or 10% of Facebook's stock losses, it's still only like 12% of his net worth. So, apples and oranges.

We could of course talk about that fact that Trump had to declare bankruptcy when Zuck isn't anywhere near that scenario, but I think the point is made, no?
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Kpdemello wrote:The same can be said for most people with that kind of net worth. Trump for instance has a lot of assets tied up in his real estate that is largely illiquid. But I was merely pointing out that Trump, whose net worth is estimated at ~3 billion, is not in the same category of uber rich as Zuck, whose net worth is estimated at something like 77 billion.

For Zuck, losing a billion is like a rounding error, whereas for Trump it's 1/3 of his fortune. So its kind of not the same thing. Even if we assume Zuck personally lost $9 bil, or 10% of Facebook's stock losses, it's still only like 12% of his net worth. So, apples and oranges.
Agreed on the most people part but if Z started to dump FB stock I'd bet it could become worthless very soon as people would panic.
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

If he planned it over time with a transition to another head of the company and a slow but regular divestment of his shares over time I bet it could be done without the stock taking a huge nosedive. With Zuck's level of popularity (or lack thereof) it actually might help the stock price :mrgreen:

But I get what you're saying. It's not like he could just come up with $77 bil in cash overnight or even next year. Wouldn't be hard for him to come up with $3 bil in cash though if he needed it I suspect.