Killington ski conditions page redesign poor

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Finn
Postaholic

Killington ski conditions page redesign poor

Post by Finn »

FYI whoever is writing the daily ski reports forgot to update them yesterday afternoon. Also for today yesterday's report 4/14 was still on there.
I do not like the new format as I can't tell what trails have been groomed and what lifts are open. Also please put the snowboard features at the bottom.
Bring back the old format.
Finn
Postaholic

Re: Killington ski conditions page redesign poor

Post by Finn »

Whoever is responsible for writing the daily reports posted March 16, 2018 as today’s date.
It is in red.
E O Eleven
Black Carver

Post by E O Eleven »

:zzz
Last edited by E O Eleven on Nov 17th, '22, 10:54, edited 2 times in total.
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

"Twirling logos, bold animated graphics, jumpy scrolling, hidden scrollbars and two column layouts are tolerable while at the fast office computer but these 'features' just don't load on handheld mobile devices while out and about."

Exactly. Even on laptop with my condo's slow Wi-Fi, pages are slow to load.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

liv4ski wrote:"Twirling logos, bold animated graphics, jumpy scrolling, hidden scrollbars and two column layouts are tolerable while at the fast office computer but these 'features' just don't load on handheld mobile devices while out and about."

yep I could do w/o all that "flash" as well...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:
liv4ski wrote:"Twirling logos, bold animated graphics, jumpy scrolling, hidden scrollbars and two column layouts are tolerable while at the fast office computer but these 'features' just don't load on handheld mobile devices while out and about."

Website designers love all that stuff, however impractical it might be for the users.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Bubba wrote:
madhatter wrote:

Website designers love all that stuff, however impractical it might be for the users.
Like high speed bubble chairs that force users to stand around in long liftlines with horrible corral management. IMPRACTICAL!
ImageImageImageImage
E O Eleven
Black Carver

Post by E O Eleven »

brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

.. Hey .. they're consistent .. :lol:
Forever .. Goat Path
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

E O Eleven wrote:
E O Eleven wrote:Twirling logos, bold animated graphics, jumpy scrolling, hidden scrollbars and two column layouts are tolerable while at the fast office computer but these 'features' just don't load on handheld mobile devices while out and about.
Stormchaser wrote:Like high speed bubble chairs that force users to stand around in long liftlines with horrible corral management. IMPRACTICAL!
Dude!

. . . Go hijack some other thread.
POWDR is horribly impractical. Glad you finally found your evidence...welcome to the club!
ImageImageImageImage
E O Eleven
Black Carver

Post by E O Eleven »

ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Agree 100% . . .. The conditions page is TERRIBLE!

First of all the whole thing takes too long to load. Once it finally does, you have to scroll down a half a page, past menus, past a picture of snowmakers and then past a BMW advertisement, to get to any meaningful info. The squares with the snowfall #'s are waaay to big, causing you to have to keep scrolling to get to the actual report. Whew ! That was tiring . . Now the actual report leaves a lot to be desired as well . . . Most days it seems to be written by someone who has a lifetime total of 3 days on the mountain at Killington . . . No worries, at least we know Blue Heaven will have some sweet cord tomorrow . . .

Don't even get me started about the Lifts and Trails Report . . :?c :?c
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

E O Eleven wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
E O Eleven wrote:
E O Eleven wrote:Twirling logos, bold animated graphics, jumpy scrolling, hidden scrollbars and two column layouts are tolerable while at the fast office computer but these 'features' just don't load on handheld mobile devices while out and about.
Stormchaser wrote:Like high speed bubble chairs that force users to stand around in long liftlines with horrible corral management. IMPRACTICAL!
Dude!

. . . Go hijack some other thread.
POWDR is horribly impractical. Glad you finally found your evidence...welcome to the club!
Impressive use of the AirStair.
Touché
Thanks for playing. POWDR Blows!
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

ski wrote:Agree 100% . . .. The conditions page is TERRIBLE!

First of all the whole thing takes too long to load. Once it finally does, you have to scroll down a half a page, past menus, past a picture of snowmakers and then past a BMW advertisement, to get to any meaningful info. The squares with the snowfall #'s are waaay to big, causing you to have to keep scrolling to get to the actual report. Whew ! That was tiring . . Now the actual report leaves a lot to be desired as well . . . Most days it seems to be written by someone who has a lifetime total of 3 days on the mountain at Killington . . . No worries, at least we know Blue Heaven will have some sweet cord tomorrow . . .

Don't even get me started about the Lifts and Trails Report . . :?c :?c
Thanks for the info on scrolling down and being patient. It would be much faster if the computer guru would collapse the information until you actually want to see it. We know Bear, Skye Peak Ramshead, Snowshed are closed so why do we have to scroll through it all to get the actual lift and trail reports that are active? Maybe it will be better by next October. :?c
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

The bottle rocket site is a dud.
They should consider an M-80.

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path