Cleaning Camelpaks ...

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Eski
Postaholic

Cleaning Camelpaks ...

Post by Eski »

I picked up a hydration bladder cleaning kit at Wal-Mart for under 7 bucks ... consists of long tube brush, bladder brush & the fold up hanging dryer ... made by Outdoor Products and 3x cheaper than the Camelbak brand :idea:
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

You're supposed to clean those things ???
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

BobR
Bumper

Re: Cleaning Camelpaks ...

Post by BobR »

Eski wrote:I picked up a hydration bladder cleaning kit at Wal-Mart for under 7 bucks ... consists of long tube brush, bladder brush & the fold up hanging dryer ... made by Outdoor Products and 3x cheaper than the Camelbak brand :idea:
Good info. We cleaned(tried to clean my sons for a hike Sat) it had not been used for a few weeks. Not a pretty sight. I did clean it after the last use, but not well enough.
skiing is my addiction

anyone want to buy a condo in the southern Whites'?
powday
Black Carver

Post by powday »

I've never cleaned mine...not once...
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

powday wrote:I've never cleaned mine...not once...
If you fill it with Vodka, there's no need to bother cleaning it. 8)

Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

When mine gets scuzzy(wich is rare) I pop in 2 effredent tabs and let bubble way.. by the next day its all kinds of clean.....
Geoff the sound a cat make as it coughs up a hairball.
Eski
Postaholic

Post by Eski »

used to use power drinks in mine since I was never a crazed water drinker, but noticed the bladder would get slimey after a while with only rinses ... whatever you use/don't to clean the bladder, just don't forget about the tube, especially if ya use the winter cover ... in this case what you don't see could cause grossage to your inners :shock: or not ... my point was there was a good deal to be had if one was interested ... carry on 8)
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

efferdent works or baking soda. As for the bag hanger, a clothes hanger bent to go inside will help air it out and hang the bag. Very cheap !
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
borgy
Slalom Racer

Post by borgy »

Dr. NO wrote:efferdent works or baking soda. As for the bag hanger, a clothes hanger bent to go inside will help air it out and hang the bag. Very cheap !

That's what I use :lol: :lol: works great.
1918 lives
jon4snow
Black Carver

Post by jon4snow »

What about drying them? I actually have one of the official "drying hangers" ... yet the thing never seems to fully dry out.
KnuckleDragger
Powderhound

Post by KnuckleDragger »

jon4snow wrote:What about drying them? I actually have one of the official "drying hangers" ... yet the thing never seems to fully dry out.
Dont worry about it. It just promotes the development of "flavor crystals" for next season.
jon4snow
Black Carver

Post by jon4snow »

KnuckleDragger wrote:
jon4snow wrote:What about drying them? I actually have one of the official "drying hangers" ... yet the thing never seems to fully dry out.
Dont worry about it. It just promotes the development of "flavor crystals" for next season.
mmmmmm.... good point
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

The difficult part is to drain the hose. With the hanger inside and spreading the bag open, it tends to dry pretty well. I try to hang it, then the next day drain whatever is left in the hose. Seems to work, but I don't use mine as much as you Hammer Heads.

If the factory hanger doesn't spread the bag open, it will not dry very well.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?