BLUE WAVE 2018

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: BLUE WAVE 2018

Post by madhatter »

while the dead may vote D, it looks a like a dead R won this one...

Democrat Defeated By Dead Brothel Owner In Nevada Legislature Vote
Upset victories by a Democratic candidates for US Senate and the Nevada governorship drew national attention to the political news cycle in the Silver State Tuesday night. But lost amid the flurry of headlines was the landslide victory by Nevada brothel owner Dennis Hof, the self-described "Trump from Pahrump", who clinched a seat in the state legislature despite having died three weeks ago.
Hillaryous...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/po ... 1609405000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Kpdemello wrote:In my case, the democrat rep is Stephen Lynch and he's actually a great guy. He was unopposed but I probably would have voted for him against a republican challenger. My senator is Warren so while I voted against her, it didn't really matter.

The incumbent in my district, Brian Fitzpatrick, was reelected but is seen as pretty moderate. Some interesting facts:

- My district has more registered Dems than Reps
- Hillary won this district in 2016
- Challenging Dem outspent Fitz by 5 to 1
- Fitz voted against the GOP tax bill as well asthe repealing of the Affordable Care Act

For me, voting was pretty easy, would never consider voting for someone that's pro-choice.
Never took you as a single issue voter.
Don't Killington Pico
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Meh.. he keeps referring to the incorrect predictions, but the reality is that it played out pretty much how every poll / article leading up to the election predicted. Dems took the house and Repubs gained a bit in the Senate. I think Florida would be pretty much the one prediction that was incorrect, but even that was so close it was within the margin for error.
Don't Killington Pico
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

boston_e wrote:
Meh.. he keeps referring to the incorrect predictions, but the reality is that it played out pretty much how every poll / article leading up to the election predicted. Dems took the house and Repubs gained a bit in the Senate. I think Florida would be pretty much the one prediction that was incorrect, but even that was so close it was within the margin for error.
pretty sure his point was that there was no blue wave...more blue than I prefer though...

on to bigger things...
sessions and ginsburg stepping down...

who will replace them?
mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

madhatter wrote:ginsburg stepping down...
Where are you seeing this?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
crystal ball...
mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
crystal ball...
... isn't the first time she's broken ribs and return to the court.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
crystal ball...
... isn't the first time she's broken ribs and return to the court.
as the article clearly stated...time to retire...
mach es sehr schnell

boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

madhatter wrote:
boston_e wrote:
pretty sure his point was that there was no blue wave...more blue than I prefer though...
It was not a tsunami but by my count (may be off by one or two by the time everything is counted)

House D +37
Govs D +7
I can’t find the article anymore but read D +350 in state legislature seats and D +6 in state leg control.

Senate Ds went 23-13 and would have had to go 25-10 to just hold the status quo.

That feels fairly wave-ish. Not sure how much more one could realistically expect.

With that said, Trump can also rightly claim wins in some states where he clearly helped the Rs in the senate.
Don't Killington Pico
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/a ... floor-vote" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anti-Pelosi Democrats Claim They Have Numbers to Block Her in Speaker Floor Vote

now that's gonna be a sight to see...
mach es sehr schnell

boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

madhatter wrote:http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/a ... floor-vote

Anti-Pelosi Democrats Claim They Have Numbers to Block Her in Speaker Floor Vote

Would be great to see a new generation of leadership step up.
Don't Killington Pico
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

madhatter wrote:http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/a ... floor-vote

:like :mrgreen:
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

On another note... from everything I can see, Seth Moulton is a great guy and I was proud to give him my vote again this year. I remember when he ran in the primary against Teirney and at the time it seemed crazy to do.

I don't see him as a candidate in 2020 (too early for him IMO), but look for him to be a rising star for the Democratic party.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ile-215428" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Don't Killington Pico