DNC / CTR online Astroturfing in full effect!

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

DNC / CTR online Astroturfing in full effect!

Post by Highway Star »

We're within the 60 day election window and the DNC sponsored CTR efforts to astroturf forums and comment sections is visibly in effect. Here's an article about Trump pushing back against the left's Puerto Rico "muh 3,000 deaths" distortion.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -FAKE.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Daily Mail is strongly right leaning and the comment section is usually 60-75% Trump supporters in political articles. This article is also directly linked off Drudge Report. So what do the comments look like? About 80%+ are one sentence "Trump is a Dummy", "Trump is evil", Trump bad!", etc. Transparently obvious astroturfing of the article.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: DNC / CTR online Astroturfing in full effect!

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Highway Star wrote:We're within the 60 day election window and the DNC sponsored CTR efforts to astroturf forums and comment sections is visibly in effect. Here's an article about Trump pushing back against the left's Puerto Rico "muh 3,000 deaths" distortion.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -FAKE.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Daily Mail is strongly right leaning and the comment section is usually 60-75% Trump supporters in political articles. This article is also directly linked off Drudge Report. So what do the comments look like? About 80%+ are one sentence "Trump is a Dummy", "Trump is evil", Trump bad!", etc. Transparently obvious astroturfing of the article.
How do you know it's CTR and not because the article is linked by some liberal news outlets? How do you know this article is not aberration ... your sample size is awfully small.
Last edited by XtremeJibber2001 on Sep 13th, '18, 11:39, edited 1 time in total.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Highway Star wrote:We're within the 60 day election window and the DNC sponsored CTR efforts to astroturf forums and comment sections is visibly in effect. Here's an article about Trump pushing back against the left's Puerto Rico "muh 3,000 deaths" distortion.

How do you know it's CTR and not because the article is linked by some conservative outlets? How do you know this article is not aberration ... your sample size is awfully small.
It's EXTREMELY out of character for the Daily Mail comment section, especially while being linked to from the pro-Trump Drudge.
Last edited by Highway Star on Sep 13th, '18, 12:12, edited 1 time in total.

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Highway Star wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

How do you know it's CTR and not because the article is linked by some conservative outlets? How do you know this article is not aberration ... your sample size is awfully small.
It's EXTREMELY out of character for the Daily Mail comment section, while being linked to from the pro-Trump Drudge.
Isn't it extremely out of character for the POTUS to question the number of reported deaths from a natural disaster? Maybe this has something to do with it? What's next ... denying the holocaust?
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

:lol: You actually believe the Puerto Rico death toll is distorted?? Wow, you Trumpettes will believe anything the man says! :lol:
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Highway Star wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

It's EXTREMELY out of character for the Daily Mail comment section, while being linked to from the pro-Trump Drudge.
Isn't it extremely out of character for the POTUS to question the number of reported deaths from a natural disaster? Maybe this has something to do with it? What's next ... denying the holocaust?
It's extremely out of character for you to use any sort of critical thinking. Trump has FEMA, DHS, and the CDC reporting to him. They clock 64 deaths due to the hurricane - that's the only true official death toll.

You don't get to claim some sh*t estimate for the people who died due to being "disadvantaged" from the hurricane. That's called political grandstanding by the government of PR. Especially when your territory has an established track record of being run like sh*t.
Last edited by Highway Star on Sep 13th, '18, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Highway Star wrote:It's extremely out of character for you to use any sort of critical thinking. Trump has FEMA and DHS reporting to him. They clock 64 deaths due to the hurricane - that's the only true official death toll.

You don't get to claim some sh*t estimate for the people who died due to being "disadvantaged" from the hurricane. That's called political grandstanding by the government of PR.
Wow. So if someone’s getting daily dialysis treatment at the local hospital and now they can’t because hospitals are knocked out from the hurricane ... this persons death is not attributable to the hurricane?
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Highway Star wrote:It's extremely out of character for you to use any sort of critical thinking. Trump has FEMA and DHS reporting to him. They clock 64 deaths due to the hurricane - that's the only true official death toll.

You don't get to claim some sh*t estimate for the people who died due to being "disadvantaged" from the hurricane. That's called political grandstanding by the government of PR.
Wow. So if someone’s getting daily dialysis treatment at the local hospital and now they can’t because hospitals are knocked out from the hurricane ... this persons death is not attributable to the hurricane?
NOPE!

Now if a tree falls on them that was BLOWN DOWN BY THE HURRICANE while receiving dialysis, or if they drown in a river FLOODED BY THE HURRICANE while driving to dialysis, you can count it.

I love the left's pretzel logic. Endlessly amusing.

Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Highway Star wrote:It's extremely out of character for you to use any sort of critical thinking. Trump has FEMA, DHS, and the CDC reporting to him. They clock 64 deaths due to the hurricane - that's the only true official death toll.
Except it's not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane ... ontroversy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apparently it's been kind of a hotly disputed thing for months and has nothing to do with Democrats. Now if Trump had bothered to ask a few questions before pressing the Tweet button, maybe he could have avoided all the :bull

But this is all a clever distraction from the main issue - the relief effort has been a disaster - maybe worse than Katrina, which Obama was soundly criticized for. One thing you have to give Trump credit for is the clever way that he's able to distract people away from his primary failure into something else entirely like how to calculate a death toll properly.
Last edited by Kpdemello on Sep 13th, '18, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

Highway Star wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

NOPE!

Now if a tree falls on them that was BLOWN DOWN BY THE HURRICANE while receiving dialysis, or if they drown in a river FLOODED BY THE HURRICANE while driving to dialysis, you can count it.

I love the left's pretzel logic. Endlessly amusing.
You're referring to XJ2001 as a member of the left?!? LOL
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

So lets take hurricane katrina for an example, If somebody died in a construction accident rebuilding a damaged house a month after the storm, was that included in the death toll for the storm? I dont know the answer to it but I would assume no. When it comes to Puerto Rico I have to believe that the death toll is somewhere in the middle of 64-3000. I dont see how you can call somebody that died rebuilding after the storm as being part of the storm death toll. The actual number is probably around 1500. Unfortunately like everything else in politics the truth has little to do with it from either side.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Kpdemello wrote:But this is all a clever distraction from the main issue - the relief effort has been a disaster - maybe worse than Katrina, which Obama was soundly criticized for. One thing you have to give Trump credit for is the clever way that he's able to distract people away from his primary failure into something else entirely like how to calculate a death toll properly.
Katrina was GWB, but yes ... Trump is a wizard of distraction.
MarieM wrote:You're referring to XJ2001 as a member of the left?!? LOL
Right? That's how far right the right has moved. I'm now considered a liberal.
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Oop, my bad, I must have been reading too many right wing blogs blaming Obama for everything :lol:
MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
MarieM wrote:You're referring to XJ2001 as a member of the left?!? LOL
Right? That's how far right the right has moved. I'm now considered a liberal.
Honestly, what I thought when I read that was "Now anyone with a heart is a lefty liberal." :(
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

daytripper wrote:So lets take hurricane katrina for an example, If somebody died in a construction accident rebuilding a damaged house a month after the storm, was that included in the death toll for the storm? I dont know the answer to it but I would assume no. When it comes to Puerto Rico I have to believe that the death toll is somewhere in the middle of 64-3000. I dont see how you can call somebody that died rebuilding after the storm as being part of the storm death toll. The actual number is probably around 1500. Unfortunately like everything else in politics the truth has little to do with it from either side.
I'd be willing to believe a couple hundred directly caused deaths.

It's also important to put the numbers in context. PR's population was about 4M prior to the hurricane, probably about 3M now. National death rate is 844 per 100K, applied to PR that's 33,760 people per year. If you claim a 20% rise in death rates for 6 months, that's your 3k "hurricane fatalities" right there.

Again, being "disadvantaged" by the hurricane doesn't count.
Last edited by Highway Star on Sep 13th, '18, 13:43, edited 1 time in total.