mogulmouse wrote:just go to your LBS and pay the man :lol:
WTF are you doing up at 3:30 in the AM, pipe boy :D
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
mogulmouse
Powderhound

Post by mogulmouse »

My girl just went home :shock: :roll: :lol: 8)

Btw, i just got two new ones , had to go all the way to LA for them, but thur phat! - oh wait i have pics from this evening

I always use diamont cut/wet saw cut diffuser down tubes that have little slits in the end
The bent neck bowl/slide is dope, only in LA, same as the tri-label Red/White/Blue tube, i had to pick that up as soon as i saw it. Also exclusive to LA, along with the big mac daddy tube which was the reason i went there, i have pics of that too.... it would probably kill most of you..
This is what the trip was for, 30" double perc... the 2nd chamber on top fills with water too and acts as a perculator (sp).

These are pics of my friends Crystal Fog (not roor, made in LA). .. Crystal fogs are made by some berkley engineering grad. down in berkley. He has a TRIPPLE perc beaker base.
this is the style of perc system crystal fog and roor uses, other companys try, but they suck... usually 1/2 ass attempts.
this is us last week early in the AM when the sun was starting to get warm

What was this thread about again???? :roll:
robrules
Poster Child Poster

Post by robrules »

pizzamoose wrote:have you ever popped a tire tube?

because i just did..
at about 90PSI (the tire says to inflate 85-115PSI) the tube actually pushed the tire over the rim and and soon as it got there it popped like a balloon..

made a really loud noise, too.. there's ringing in my ears right now..

i'm ready to give up..

i want to eat a pound of macaroni
with about two pounds of pot roast.
a case of beer would be good, too.

Either you're pulling our chains, or you're the most inept person I have ever heard of and your lack of common sense is astounding. Does someone tie your shoes in the morning for you? Take the bike to the bike shop and have someone do it for you.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

pizzamoose wrote:
Bling Skier wrote:pizza dude u r reading into this 2 much....just shut up and ride.....
dude.. i can't ride on a flat tire..
i'm trying like hell to get this tire un-flat - when i can ride the freakin' thing, i'll shut up and do so.
f*** the tubes. Go get yourself a can of Great Stuff (that yellow foam sealant you spray to fill in cracks in walls etc.). Put your tire on the wheel and fill it completely with the foam sealant. Boom, no more flat tires. You just made yourself a high performance run flat tire - no inflation ever required.
ImageImageImageImage
pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

Post by pizzamoose »

robrules wrote:Either you're pulling our chains, or you're the most inept person I have ever heard of and your lack of common sense is astounding. Does someone tie your shoes in the morning for you? Take the bike to the bike shop and have someone do it for you.
guess what? you are a prick!

putting a tube in a tire and pumping it is something that i've done a hundred times when i was a kid. it's not a big deal, and its something you may need to do out there on the road. if i had to take a bike to a shop every time i got a flat i would be broke by the end of the month.

so tell me, rob- why the hell am i inept? i'm really curious about this rob. what the f*** did I do that wasn't common sense?

incidently, i checked with a couple more sources and they said this tube should actually have worked, so I tried it again with another spare tube and, lo and behold, it worked fine. so why did the first one pop? Well, I lack common sense- but if I had to guess, I think the pressure gauge on the pump is off - when it said 95 PSI, it was probably well over the maximum recommended 115PSI. I pumped this to about 80PSI and it's harder than the rear tire, which I haven't touched since the bike shop.

I'm going to take it on a test ride here and make sure everything is cool..
robrules
Poster Child Poster

Post by robrules »

pizzamoose wrote:
robrules wrote:Either you're pulling our chains, or you're the most inept person I have ever heard of and your lack of common sense is astounding. Does someone tie your shoes in the morning for you? Take the bike to the bike shop and have someone do it for you.
guess what? you are a prick!

putting a tube in a tire and pumping it is something that i've done a hundred times when i was a kid. it's not a big deal, and its something you may need to do out there on the road. if i had to take a bike to a shop every time i got a flat i would be broke by the end of the month.

so tell me, rob- why the hell am i inept? i'm really curious about this rob. what the f*** did I do that wasn't common sense?

incidently, i checked with a couple more sources and they said this tube should actually have worked, so I tried it again with another spare tube and, lo and behold, it worked fine. so why did the first one pop? Well, I lack common sense- but if I had to guess, I think the pressure gauge on the pump is off - when it said 95 PSI, it was probably well over the maximum recommended 115PSI. I pumped this to about 80PSI and it's harder than the rear tire, which I haven't touched since the bike shop.

I'm going to take it on a test ride here and make sure everything is cool..
hey, you're the one that busted the stems off of two tubes, then thought a tube was too big without trying to inflate it and when the dimensions were smaller than your original, then blew up another tube because you overinflated it. The ineptitude is obvious and quite entertaining.

Common sense would tell you to blow up the tire a little, then check to see how hard the tire is by squeezing it with your hand, or getting on the bike and put to see if it squashes out or not. sh*t my current pump doesn't even have a pressure guage and I seem to be able to blow up a tire without popping it just fine - same with my girlfried who rides her bike like once every two years.

BTW, I used to ride with about 45 psi for trail riding, maybe 55 psi for road.
pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

Post by pizzamoose »

robrules wrote: hey, you're the one that busted the stems off of two tubes,
because i had a shitty pump. new pump, no more broken valves.
then thought a tube was too big without trying to inflate it and when the dimensions were smaller than your original, then blew up another tube because you overinflated it. The ineptitude is obvious and quite entertaining.
tube recommended to me by a bike shop employee. since confirmed by two independent sources, and it sounds like they know a lot more than you. the dimensions were not smaller than the original; a 27 is actually larger than a 28. overinflated because of a bad pump gauge on a brand new pump, which I couldn't have known at the time.

so far you're the moron, but at least you're getting some entertainment out of it.

Common sense would tell you to blow up the tire a little, then check to see how hard the tire is by squeezing it with your hand, or getting on the bike and put to see if it squashes out or not.
oh, is that common sense? to ignore a gauge on a brand new pump? to ignore the advice given to you by three people to add 5PSI to the recommended pressure? to instead go out on a whim and see if it squishes enough? yeah, thanks for the common sense. its a wonder you're not a corporate consultant.
sh*t my current pump doesn't even have a pressure guage and I seem to be able to blow up a tire without popping it just fine - same with my girlfried who rides her bike like once every two years.
ahh... advice from someone who tells me to ignore the gauge and instead use the "squish test" advice from his girlfriend who rides a bike once every 700 days.
assuming you're not guessing that (you did say you have no gauge) 55 PSI for road? minimum pressure on my tire: 85PSI. let me put it this way, squish. I've not confirmed this, but the gauge on my new pump displays at least 30 PSI lower than actual pressure. so when my pump displays what you recommend 55PSI (which would be at least 85PSI), it still doesn't pass your squish test.

people have recommended going at 115-120 PSI. I pumped that thing until the gauge read 80PSI, and that tire is as hard as an apple.

so you say i lack common sense;
1. I had a shitty pump that would break the valves
2. I had a bad pump gauge that popped the tire
3. I took advice from people who know a lot more than me
4. those people turned out to be right.
5. I put the tire in exactly how I was supposed to
6. What seemed like common sense (this tube is too big) turned out to be wrong.

where exactly did I do something that you wouldn't have done? would you have relied on a squish test when you had a guage and people told you a pressure to inflate it to? would you have bought a new pump after just one valve broke, instead of two? would you have taken advice from, say, someone who rides a bike once every 730 days?
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

pizzamoose wrote:
then thought a tube was too big without trying to inflate it and when the dimensions were smaller than your original, then blew up another tube because you overinflated it. The ineptitude is obvious and quite entertaining.
tube recommended to me by a bike shop employee. since confirmed by two independent sources, and it sounds like they know a lot more than you. the dimensions were not smaller than the original; a 27 is actually larger than a 28. overinflated because of a bad pump gauge on a brand new pump, which I couldn't have known at the time.

so far you're the moron, but at least you're getting some entertainment out of it.

Common sense would tell you to blow up the tire a little, then check to see how hard the tire is by squeezing it with your hand, or getting on the bike and put to see if it squashes out or not.
oh, is that common sense? to ignore a gauge on a brand new pump? to ignore the advice given to you by three people to add 5PSI to the recommended pressure? to instead go out on a whim and see if it squishes enough? yeah, thanks for the common sense. its a wonder you're not a corporate consultant.
sh*t my current pump doesn't even have a pressure guage and I seem to be able to blow up a tire without popping it just fine - same with my girlfried who rides her bike like once every two years.
ahh... advice from someone who tells me to ignore the gauge and instead use the "squish test" advice from his girlfriend who rides a bike once every 700 days.
assuming you're not guessing that (you did say you have no gauge) 55 PSI for road? minimum pressure on my tire: 85PSI. let me put it this way, squish. I've not confirmed this, but the gauge on my new pump displays at least 30 PSI lower than actual pressure. so when my pump displays what you recommend 55PSI (which would be at least 85PSI), it still doesn't pass your squish test.

people have recommended going at 115-120 PSI. I pumped that thing until the gauge read 80PSI, and that tire is as hard as an apple.

where exactly did I do something that you wouldn't have done? would you have relied on a squish test when you had a guage and people told you a pressure to inflate it to? would you have bought a new pump after just one valve broke, instead of two? would you have taken advice from, say, someone who rides a bike once every 730 days?

this is better than Judge Judy...
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:
pizzamoose wrote:

This is gonna be great! --Flounder
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

SkiDork wrote:
Hal U. Dewin wrote:
pizzamoose wrote:

This is gonna be great! --Flounder

You guys are a bunch of pussies

edit: Can i say this on andy's board?
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

Only in Polish. :lol:
Eski
Postaholic

Post by Eski »

Spojrzenia zły, smakuje dobry Image
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Eski wrote:Spojrzenia zły, smakuje dobry Image
it looks like it says something something smoke a dubie
ImageImageImageImage
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Eski wrote:Spojrzenia zły, smakuje dobry Image
Can you please translate the above post for those of us who do not speak Polish? Thanks.