Postaholic

Post by Eski »

well, it referenced Pedro & VV's posts ... looks bad, tastes good
robrules
Poster Child Poster

Post by robrules »

pizzamoose wrote:
robrules wrote: hey, you're the one that busted the stems off of two tubes,
because i had a shitty pump. new pump, no more broken valves.
then thought a tube was too big without trying to inflate it and when the dimensions were smaller than your original, then blew up another tube because you overinflated it. The ineptitude is obvious and quite entertaining.
tube recommended to me by a bike shop employee. since confirmed by two independent sources, and it sounds like they know a lot more than you. the dimensions were not smaller than the original; a 27 is actually larger than a 28. overinflated because of a bad pump gauge on a brand new pump, which I couldn't have known at the time.

so far you're the moron, but at least you're getting some entertainment out of it.

Common sense would tell you to blow up the tire a little, then check to see how hard the tire is by squeezing it with your hand, or getting on the bike and put to see if it squashes out or not.
oh, is that common sense? to ignore a gauge on a brand new pump? to ignore the advice given to you by three people to add 5PSI to the recommended pressure? to instead go out on a whim and see if it squishes enough? yeah, thanks for the common sense. its a wonder you're not a corporate consultant.
sh*t my current pump doesn't even have a pressure guage and I seem to be able to blow up a tire without popping it just fine - same with my girlfried who rides her bike like once every two years.
ahh... advice from someone who tells me to ignore the gauge and instead use the "squish test" advice from his girlfriend who rides a bike once every 700 days.
BTW, I used to ride with about 45 psi for trail riding, maybe 55 psi for road.
assuming you're not guessing that (you did say you have no gauge) 55 PSI for road? minimum pressure on my tire: 85PSI. let me put it this way, squish. I've not confirmed this, but the gauge on my new pump displays at least 30 PSI lower than actual pressure. so when my pump displays what you recommend 55PSI (which would be at least 85PSI), it still doesn't pass your squish test.

people have recommended going at 115-120 PSI. I pumped that thing until the gauge read 80PSI, and that tire is as hard as an apple.

so you say i lack common sense;
1. I had a shitty pump that would break the valves
2. I had a bad pump gauge that popped the tire
3. I took advice from people who know a lot more than me
4. those people turned out to be right.
5. I put the tire in exactly how I was supposed to
6. What seemed like common sense (this tube is too big) turned out to be wrong.

where exactly did I do something that you wouldn't have done? would you have relied on a squish test when you had a guage and people told you a pressure to inflate it to? would you have bought a new pump after just one valve broke, instead of two? would you have taken advice from, say, someone who rides a bike once every 730 days?

I don't need to take advice from anyone on what size tube to buy or how much pressure the tire needs. I can figure that one out on my own and have been since I took the training wheels off my first bike when I was 4 years old. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out if a tire on a bike has enough pressure in it or not. If you bought a new basketball and pumped it up, would you then need to buy a pressure tester to see if it had enough pressure and ask for people's advice on what pressure they reccommend you pump it up to, or would you bounce it a couple of times and adjust the pressure so it bounces to your liking?

BTW, the psi #'s I gave to you are from years ago when I had a pump with a guage.

You sound like you like to blame other people and other things alot for your own stupidity. I'm sure bad things happen to you in other parts of your life that are never your fault either, when in fact if you really looked deep inside, you would find that you are responsible. But keep blaming others for your problems if that makes you feel better.
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

robrules wrote: You sound like you like to blame other people and other things alot for your own stupidity. I'm sure bad things happen to you in other parts of your life that are never your fault either, when in fact if you really looked deep inside, you would find that you are responsible. But keep blaming others for your problems if that makes you feel better.
aw, c'mon...that's a low blow....just go ahead and call him a big fatso why doncha...

and then tell him that his skinny bike tires aren't made for big fatsos...and...and...its his big fatso body that keeps popping the skinny little tires, the skinny little tires are like "help me!" "help meeee!!" POP! And how would he like it to be a skinny little rubber tire with a big fatso on top. And...and...its his big fatso calves that clog up the circulation in his ski boots so he has to walk down the hill after riding the chair up....ooooo..my calvies hurrrrt....then...then ask him if his Honda civic tires ever popped....ah, nevermind, this isn't my argument.
yeti
Powderhound

Post by yeti »

"Tastes like it looks." I think.... Babelfish unfortunately doesn't do Polish.

Assuming a phonic mapping to a very imperfect translator. Help me out here Snowy.

There is a very large Polish speaking population in my neighborhood. Many of the old people there cannot speak English. One picks things up.
Thanks for the mammaries! (.)(.)
yeti
Powderhound

Post by yeti »

Eski wrote:well, it referenced Pedro & VV's posts ... looks bad, tastes good
Dammit.
Thanks for the mammaries! (.)(.)
pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

Post by pizzamoose »

robrules wrote:You sound like you like to blame other people and other things alot for your own stupidity. I'm sure bad things happen to you in other parts of your life that are never your fault either, when in fact if you really looked deep inside, you would find that you are responsible. But keep blaming others for your problems if that makes you feel better.
Ok, asshole. name one person that I blamed for a problem.
Before you talk about the bike shop guy, You, I, and everyone else thought he was wrong, but it turns out he was right.

and as far as my question: "what would you have done that I wouldn't have?" essentially the only answer you gave was that you wouldn't take advice from a bike shop guy. you wouldn't take his advice on the pressure (because your expert "squish test" tells all), and you wouldn't ask him what tube to buy. You would wing it, even though you have a type of bike you're not familiar with, even though you don't understand the cryptic codes on the side of the tube (700x28/32c or 27x1 1/8 / 1/4), even though this is a new purchase and you don't want to f*** it up..

naah, you'd just wing it. the person who asks advice is "stupid." get over yourself, you worthless motherf*cker. if you want to be helpful, fine. otherwise, keep your mouth shut and stop saying sh*t you can't back up. and yes, everything works fine now, thanks to the advice I got from real people who answered the same question I asked here. and gee, they didn't even call me stupid... imagine that.

rode the bicycle ten miles just now without a problem.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

pizzamoose wrote:
robrules wrote:You sound like you like to blame other people and other things alot for your own stupidity. I'm sure bad things happen to you in other parts of your life that are never your fault either, when in fact if you really looked deep inside, you would find that you are responsible. But keep blaming others for your problems if that makes you feel better.
Before you talk about the bike shop guy, You, I, and everyone else thought he was wrong, but it turns out he was right.

and as far as my question: "what would you have done that I wouldn't have?" essentially the only answer you gave was that you wouldn't take advice from a bike shop guy. you wouldn't take his advice on the pressure (because your expert "squish test" tells all), and you wouldn't ask him what tube to buy. You would wing it, even though you have a type of bike you're not familiar with, even though you don't understand the cryptic codes on the side of the tube (700x28/32c or 27x1 1/8 / 1/4), even though this is a new purchase and you don't want to f*** it up..

naah, you'd just wing it. the person who asks advice is "stupid." get over yourself, you worthless motherf*cker. if you want to be helpful, fine. otherwise, keep your mouth shut and stop saying sh*t you can't back up. and yes, everything works fine now, thanks to the advice I got from real people who answered the same question I asked here. and gee, they didn't even call me stupid... imagine that.

Pizza, Tell him how you really feel :shock:
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

pizzamoose wrote:

ok rob,

this is where you come back with:

yeah, 10 miles TOTAL!! 1 mile to the ice cream store, 2 miles to the pizza shop, 4 miles over to the beer store, another 1 mile to the buritto hut..then 2 miles to the hoagie shop!!!
pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

Post by pizzamoose »

Atomic1 wrote: Pizza, Tell him how you really feel :shock:
i'd get arrested for telling him how i really feel.

jesus, I do everything by the book, and the guy blasts me for not winging it..
and even after everything works (doing it by the book), the guy still blasts me for not winging it..

normally i wouldn't even respond to a worthless piece of garbage like that, but he happened to chime in when I was extremely frustrated at the situation..
pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

Post by pizzamoose »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:ok rob,

yeah, 10 miles TOTAL!! 1 mile to the ice cream store, 2 miles to the pizza shop, 4 miles over to the beer store, another 1 mile to the buritto hut..then 2 miles to the hoagie shop!!!
good one..

5 miles each way out and back from suffern to the harriman state park boundary at 7 lakes drive (in sloatsburg)
I did stop on the way back - at auntie el's - they had italian parsley - the last plant I need for my herb garden.
robrules
Poster Child Poster

Post by robrules »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:
pizzamoose wrote:

ok rob,

Bwahahaha!!!

I would have come back with this though:

In case you were wondering what was crying "help me, help me, get this thing off me!" for ten miles - that was your tires.
Eski
Postaholic

Post by Eski »

so let's get up to date ...

pizza recognizes a problem Image

tries to get in shape Image
decides this would be more fun Image

what do ya mean 2 weeks Image

frustrated, he don't know what to do Image

hey, over here, help me Image

I went by the book Image

genius chimes in Image

waaaa, waaaaa Image

bitter words exchange Image

pizza pizza is really pissed now Image

one more response response Image

finally success Image

who's happy now? Image
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Eski wrote:so let's get up to date ...

pizza recognizes a problem Image

tries to get in shape Image
decides this would be more fun Image

what do ya mean 2 weeks Image

frustrated, he don't know what to do Image

hey, over here, help me Image

I went by the book Image

genius chimes in Image

waaaa, waaaaa Image

bitter words exchange Image

pizza pizza is really pissed now Image

one more response response Image

finally success Image

who's happy now? Image
Funny sh*t, but you have too much free time
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
Eski
Postaholic

Post by Eski »

shortski wrote: Funny sh*t, but you have too much free time
hey, I'm at work killin' some time while on break ... still doin' the smiley thing
pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

Post by pizzamoose »

robrules wrote:In case you were wondering what was crying "help me, help me, get this thing off me!" for ten miles - that was your tires.
That's right - don't address anything I just said.. don't try to compose another feeble comback.. instead, make a personal attack. You know, I've seen it a hundred times, especially when started by a personal attack: this is a predictable response from the loser of flamewar.

you won't admit it, not even to yourself, but you should have just kept your mouth shut.