star wars

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

When will/did you see the new Star Wars?

Prescreening (unlikely, but possible)
No votes
Thursday at 12:01AM
2%
Thursday sometime after the midnight show
7%
Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (opening weekend)
12%
sometime next week (including next weekend)
14%
After next weekend, when all the hype has died
24%
I'll wait for the DVD
17%
never.
24%

Total votes: 42

BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

I love sci fi in general and space operas in particular, but I'm not really a big Star Wars fan. Will see it in the theatre but after the crowds die down a bit.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

RJSVermont
Slalom Racer

Post by RJSVermont »

If the other one didn't work, try this.

Pretty funny.

http://www.newgrounds.com/video/SWE3_med.mov
Some things just can't be bought......
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

RJSVermont wrote:Edit: Either the link doesn't work or people here just aren't interested but this is a parody of the upcoming Episode III. I at least found a small amount of humor in it.

Here's an un-official trailer for Episode III

Hopefully the link still works.....

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/610/
That was pretty funny stuff. Thanks for sharing.
KrisSkis
Black Carver

Post by KrisSkis »

Ski-N-Sail wrote:The way their talking about it, I thought it was already out. Shows how much I know. I will wait until it is on DVD or maybe regular TV. I have yet to see the two movies before this one.
I am in the same boat...i even own all the DVDs up to this new movie thats out...only saw the first 2 originals...wasnt crazy about it then and im still not. Son wants to see it...husband will prolly take him..i could care less if i ever see it.
To hell with Utah...send the snow here :-)
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

I could care less if I ever see it.I haven't seen the last few.Actually the first 2 were enough.Now it's all the same old same old....
pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

Post by pizzamoose »

3:00am, here's my report. a few observations about the new star wars movie.

- Most importantly, It didn't suck
- The only tedious part of the movie was the dialogue between anakin and padame
- the CGI sequences were really impressive
- anakin's conversion to darth vader was believable and convincing, his behavior as darth vader wasn't as believable
- darth vader is one evil son of a bitch
- Padame's death at the end of the movie moistened the eyes of 500 hardcore male star wars fans, who quickly attempted to squelch them.
- two people (audience members) dressed up as darth vader, one as obewan. they had light-saber fights before the show started, and everyone in the theatre was into it. they were chanting "O-BE-WAN! O-BE-WAN!" I was trying to be cool, reading my backpacker magazine.
- i was, indeed, the only person in there with a backpacker magazine
- i was one of the only people who showed up alone. I was also one of the only people who wore a wedding ring.
- when 7 screenings of star wars gets out at the same time, the mens room line backs up pretty bad right when the movies end. interestingly, there was no line for the ladies room.
- like episode 2, yoda kicks some ass in this movie
- virtually no dialogue with jar-jar (sadly, jar-jar doesn't die)

- i appreciated the lead-ins to episode 4
.obe wan handing baby luke to his uncle (where he stayed to 'watch over the child)
.said uncle (and wife) looking at the two suns set in exactly the same way luke did in a famous scene in episode 4
.yoda teaching obe wan to communicate with dead jedis before he went into exile
.a few scenes in the exact same hallway where you first see darth vader in episode 4
.the emporer's transformation from an old man to a really ugly wrinkley old man
.darth vader getting the helmet and black costume, and the revelation of why he wears the helmet and black costume
.first appearance of chewbacca and his wookie friends

there's probably a lot more, but i'm getting too tired to remember.

definitely best of the 3 in the modern series.. better than jedi, not better than hope or empire. so out of the six, it's the 3rd best.
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

pizzamoose wrote:3:00am, here's my report. a few observations about the new star wars movie.

- Most importantly, It didn't suck
- The only tedious part of the movie was the dialogue between anakin and padame
- the CGI sequences were really impressive
- anakin's conversion to darth vader was believable and convincing, his behavior as darth vader wasn't as believable
- darth vader is one evil son of a bitch
- Padame's death at the end of the movie moistened the eyes of 500 hardcore male star wars fans, who quickly attempted to squelch them.
- two people (audience members) dressed up as darth vader, one as obewan. they had light-saber fights before the show started, and everyone in the theatre was into it. they were chanting "O-BE-WAN! O-BE-WAN!" I was trying to be cool, reading my backpacker magazine.
- i was one of the only people who showed up alone. I was also one of the only people who wore a wedding ring.
- when 7 screenings of star wars gets out at the same time, the mens room line backs up pretty bad right when the movies end. interestingly, there was no line for the ladies room.
- like episode 2, yoda kicks some ass in this movie
- virtually no dialogue with jar-jar (sadly, jar-jar doesn't die)

- i appreciated the lead-ins to episode 4
.obe wan handing baby luke to his uncle (where he stayed to 'watch over the child)
.said uncle (and wife) looking at the two suns set in exactly the same way luke did in a famous scene in episode 4
.yoda teaching obe wan to communicate with dead jedis before he went into exile
.a few scenes in the exact same hallway where you first see darth vader in episode 4
.the emporer's transformation from an old man to a really ugly wrinkley old man
.darth vader getting the helmet and black costume, and the revelation of why he wears the helmet and black costume
.first appearance of chewbacca and his wookie friends

there's probably a lot more, but i'm getting too tired to remember.

definitely best of the 3 in the modern series.. better than jedi, not better than hope or empire. so out of the six, it's the 3rd best.
This post is more disturbing than the Cambodian midget story...
pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

Post by pizzamoose »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:This post is more disturbing than the Cambodian midget story...
that midget needed the money!!
yeti
Powderhound

Post by yeti »

Science fiction... it is sort of cool if the math is correct and there isn't some jackass running around in a latex mask.

Star Wars - well it was pretty good for a 70's flick and the second one got better, but then came the cutsie Ewoks. They were bad enough, but when Episode One (or the fourth film or however you want to quantify it) came out and half of it was watching a future version of CSPAN.... "well cripes too bad I didn't sneak in some beer" flashed thru my mind. Seriously: who wants to watch political debates in the Senate even if they are on nifty floating thangs?
Ski-N-Sail
Wanted Poster

Post by Ski-N-Sail »

pizzamoose wrote:I was trying to be cool, reading my backpacker magazine.
It would have been cooler if you were reading Playboy instead of Backpacker. :)
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

I'm going to see it in theaters.

Not like anyone probably cares...but would you beleive the new Star Wars is already available online? Amazing how fast these movie/software/music pirates are.

E
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I'm going to see it in theaters.

Not like anyone probably cares...but would you beleive the new Star Wars is already available online? Amazing how fast these movie/software/music pirates are.

E
That was funny when Kramer was supposed to film that movie, and he got Jerry to do it for him...
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
2pink1stink
Slalom Racer

Post by 2pink1stink »

I went at midnight. Wish i hadn't seen all the spoilers that were floating around the internet a couple months back. kind of ruined it for me. still, it's a great, great flick. imo it's better then empire. so cool when you hear vaders voice for the first time. i really hope lucas makes the last three films. i know he said he wouldn't, but i hope he changes his mind.
pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

Post by pizzamoose »

2pink1stink wrote:I really hope lucas makes the last three films.
que??

(yes this is where i prove that i'm not a die-hard..)
what last three films?
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

pizzamoose wrote:
2pink1stink wrote:I really hope lucas makes the last three films.
que??

(yes this is where i prove that i'm not a die-hard..)
what last three films?
I'm not a die -hard, but I know that there were a total of 9 episodes - the original 3, the 3 prequels and 3 sequels
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage