star wars

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

When will/did you see the new Star Wars?

Prescreening (unlikely, but possible)
No votes
Thursday at 12:01AM
2%
Thursday sometime after the midnight show
7%
Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (opening weekend)
12%
sometime next week (including next weekend)
14%
After next weekend, when all the hype has died
24%
I'll wait for the DVD
17%
never.
24%

Total votes: 42

Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

star wars?
u guys r a bunch of fa-king geeks!
Geoff the sound a cat make as it coughs up a hairball.
pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

Post by pizzamoose »

three sequels?

how?
with sidious and vader dead, who would be the antagonist?
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

pizzamoose wrote:three sequels?

how?
with sidious and vader dead, who would be the antagonist?
who knows, it's easy to dream up a long lost brother who's out for vengeance of something...
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
2pink1stink
Slalom Racer

Post by 2pink1stink »

pizzamoose wrote:
2pink1stink wrote:I really hope lucas makes the last three films.
que??

(yes this is where i prove that i'm not a die-hard..)
what last three films?
the story does not end at jedi. the emperor/palpatine is resurrected and tries to lure anakin solo (leah and hans youngest son) to the darkside. there's a whole series of books that tell the story. also, boba fet does not die when he falls into the sarlac pit in jedi. yes, i'm a star wars nerd. no, i did not wear a wookie costume to the movie. yes, i have a girlfriend.
pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

Post by pizzamoose »

wow..

Their youngest son? Implying the there is a whole jedi family?

all of the original actors would be about the right age pretty soon..
more harrison ford/mark hammil would be cool.
pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

Post by pizzamoose »

Bling Skier wrote:star wars?
u guys r a bunch of fa-king geeks!
kickstand
Blue Chatterbox

Post by kickstand »

2pink1stink wrote:
pizzamoose wrote:
que??

what last three films?
the story does not end at jedi. the emperor/palpatine is resurrected and tries to lure anakin solo (leah and hans youngest son) to the darkside. there's a whole series of books that tell the story. also, boba fet does not die when he falls into the sarlac pit in jedi. yes, i'm a star wars nerd. no, i did not wear a wookie costume to the movie. yes, i have a girlfriend.
I don't recall the Emperor being resurrected, however.....

there is a series of books written by Timothy Zahn that are regarded as the follow-ups to Jedi. It's already been said Lucas will not make these into films. The main bad guy is Grand Admiral Thrawn, who was introduced in Shadow of the Empire, which takes place between Empire and Jedi. The books are called "The Last Command", "Dark Force Rising" and "Heir to the Empire".

They are actually pretty good reads, if you're into Star Wars. Grand Admiral Thrawn is cool character, as is Mara Jade. They tie her character back to Jedi very nicely and believeably, too.

Some other interesting books of short stories that are pretty cool are "Tales from Jabba's Palace" and "Tales of the Bounty Hunters".

surprisingly enough, I married someone who has never seen the original trilogy in its entirety.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

kickstand wrote:
2pink1stink wrote:
pizzamoose wrote:
que??

what last three films?
I don't recall the Emperor being resurrected, however.....

there is a series of books written by Timothy Zahn that are regarded as the follow-ups to Jedi. It's already been said Lucas will not make these into films. The main bad guy is Grand Admiral Thrawn, who was introduced in Shadow of the Empire, which takes place between Empire and Jedi. The books are called "The Last Command", "Dark Force Rising" and "Heir to the Empire".

They are actually pretty good reads, if you're into Star Wars. Grand Admiral Thrawn is cool character, as is Mara Jade. They tie her character back to Jedi very nicely and believeably, too.

Some other interesting books of short stories that are pretty cool are "Tales from Jabba's Palace" and "Tales of the Bounty Hunters".

surprisingly enough, I married someone who has never seen the original trilogy in its entirety.

I saw Star Wars when I was too young to remember most of it. I saw Empire in the theater when I was about 10 and thought it was cool at the time. Saw it again on tv about a month ago and realized it kinda sucked. Jedi I saw in the theater, and thought that sucked at the time. Haven't bothered with the rest. At least special effects have come a long way since the 70's and 80's... The widescreen trailer in dobly dig looks and sounds pretty cool on my tv at home...still not enough to get me to the theater tho. If I ever see this movie it will most likely be at my friends house a year or two after he buys the dvd.

Isn't there a 7th book by Lucas after Jedi, before the trilogy written by Zahn? Is that one just too shitty to even mention?
ImageImageImageImage
kickstand
Blue Chatterbox

Post by kickstand »

Stormchaser wrote: I saw Star Wars when I was too young to remember most of it. I saw Empire in the theater when I was about 10 and thought it was cool at the time. Saw it again on tv about a month ago and realized it kinda sucked. Jedi I saw in the theater, and thought that sucked at the time. Haven't bothered with the rest. At least special effects have come a long way since the 70's and 80's... The widescreen trailer in dobly dig looks and sounds pretty cool on my tv at home...still not enough to get me to the theater tho. If I ever see this movie it will most likely be at my friends house a year or two after he buys the dvd.

Isn't there a 7th book by Lucas after Jedi, before the trilogy written by Zahn? Is that one just too shitty to even mention?
man, Empire was the best one.....

Lucas has not written any books, except for the novelization of the movies. I'm not sure of all the details but there are some authors that are considered "official Star Wars". Zahn is one of them. The majority of the books out there take place after Jedi. The only ones I know that don't are "Shadows of the Empire" and the "Tales" books mentioned above (although I think the Boba Fett story in "Tales" talks about how the Sarlaac spit him out - unless I'm confusing it with the Zahn trilogy).
Eski
Postaholic

Post by Eski »

pizzamoose wrote: ... with sidious and vader dead, who would be the antagonist?
ummm ... hal, junior, robrules, dmc ... there's plenty to pic from in the pool
RedRider
Postaholic

Post by RedRider »

First off - I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.
Secondly - It does pay to go early with the real Star Wars yahoo's in the theater.
Third - It was fun cuz I went with co-workers and we weren't working.

I think Lucas did a great job of wrapping this up, and tyeing all the loose ends.

BTW He begins filming a Star Wars TV series next year!!

http://www.hollywoodnorthreport.com/art ... rticle=535
Go that way, really fast.
If something gets in your way, turn.

Shortski is the Supreme Master of the Universe!!
Ski-N-Sail
Wanted Poster

Post by Ski-N-Sail »

Wow, just read that the movie made $50million just on Thursday.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

My daughter and her friends told me it was slow and not worth $10.00
I'll wait for the DVD..
Where is Happy Hour ?
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Re: star wars

Post by andyzee »

pizzamoose wrote: I'm going to the Warwick drive-in tomorrow evening and see it there..
Holy crap, there's still a drive-in in existence. I find that more fasinating then Star Wars.
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Re: star wars

Post by tyrolean_skier »

andyzee wrote:
pizzamoose wrote: I'm going to the Warwick drive-in tomorrow evening and see it there..
Holy crap, there's still a drive-in in existence. I find that more fasinating then Star Wars.
I thought he saw it the first night? Why would he go again?