Post by Bubba »

A Far Side cartoon for those of any political persuasion
IMG_4675.jpeg
IMG_4675.jpeg (162.06 KiB) Viewed 5449 times
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Political Humor

Post by Bubba »

It was a simple question to which three university presidents couldn’t give a straight answer. One has resigned; the other two should as well.
IMG_4678.jpeg
IMG_4678.jpeg (130.19 KiB) Viewed 5409 times

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Bubba wrote: Dec 11th, '23, 18:58 It was a simple question to which three university presidents couldn’t give a straight answer. One has resigned; the other two should as well.
Looks like Claudine Gay is staying. Likely Sally Kornbluth, too.

Had these questions been about people of color or LGBTQ … rest assured these answers would have been straight.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Dec 12th, '23, 10:12
Bubba wrote: Dec 11th, '23, 18:58 It was a simple question to which three university presidents couldn’t give a straight answer. One has resigned; the other two should as well.

Had these questions been about people of color or LGBTQ … rest assured these answers would have been straight.
Wouldn’t giving a straight answer to a question about LGBTQ people be exhibiting privilege and bias? :wink:

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Kind of hilarious that Stefanik requested a "full-fledged apology" from SNL. I thought her portrayal came off as not that bad, and it was more about the Uni heads looking like bozos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep-OnsDieFQ&t=163s
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Here's Rogan mocking President Biden saying he's "done" because of his gaffes. Rogan finds out the gaffe he's referring to was actually Trump. Oops.

It's actually an interesting exercise ... Rogan says Biden is done for making a gaffe, realizes it was Trump and then excuses it as a f*** up, then goes onto to caution folks in the media that they should fact check stuff (after just being guilty of what they claim the media does).

If American's chose candidates based on their values, instead of using a party to drive their values ... we'd be in a much better place today.

https://twitter.com/TheTNHoller/status/ ... 3088004459
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Rogan has gotten pretty bad with his conspiracy theory nonsense. On more than one occasion, I've heard him cite something as fact, then I go look it up and he's totally wrong. I've determined you just can't trust what he says, and he should only be considered for entertainment purposes only.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

easyrider16 wrote: Dec 23rd, '23, 16:13 Rogan has gotten pretty bad with his conspiracy theory nonsense. On more than one occasion, I've heard him cite something as fact, then I go look it up and he's totally wrong. I've determined you just can't trust what he says, and he should only be considered for entertainment purposes only.
It took you this long?

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Happy New Year!

Enjoy this bit on MAGA and Green Day:

https://x.com/brentterhune/status/17418 ... 53396?s=46
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Looks like I'm eating some crow ... Gay is out ... shortest tenure in Harvard's history. I think this is a Case Study on the pitfalls or blind spots of DEI.
Killington_Lover
Slalom Racer

Post by Killington_Lover »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jan 2nd, '24, 14:00

Looks like I'm eating some crow ... Gay is out ... shortest tenure in Harvard's history. I think this is a Case Study on the pitfalls or blind spots of DEI.
I have less of an issue with her testimony than with the revelations of numerous alleged instances of plagiarism. She could have done much better standing up against antisemitism, but I don’t see how the figurehead of an elite academic institution can remain when students get routinely suspended or expelled for plagiarism. They were making us turn in assignments via Turn it in over a decade ago. If it’s good enough for the students, the faculty need to be held to the same standard.
Ski It If You Can!..
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Killington_Lover wrote: Jan 2nd, '24, 14:30

I have less of an issue with her testimony than with the revelations of numerous alleged instances of plagiarism. She could have done much better standing up against antisemitism, but I don’t see how the figurehead of an elite academic institution can remain when students get routinely suspended or expelled for plagiarism. They were making us turn in assignments via Turn it in over a decade ago. If it’s good enough for the students, the faculty need to be held to the same standard.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

I spoke to soon. Seems Harvard will allow Gay to return to a role within Harvard's polisci department, and will retain her President's salary of $900k/yr.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... itism.html
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster